Intro

S

Suzanne Heath

Dec 28, 2020
Hello from Eastern Colorado! This is my first time with LBC and I am hoping to become the best version of myself. I’ve never put myself first cause family has always come first. I am making great strives at keeping promises to myself and completing workouts. May not be perfect but I’m getting there. Best of luck to everyone 😊

Erik Ledin

Erik Ledin

Sir LBC
Staff member
LBC VIP Training
LBC VIP Nutrition
Apr 27, 2006
I’ve never put myself first cause family has always come first.
Here's a perspective for you to consider ...

A flight attendant would instruct you to put on your own O2 mask before you put O2 masks on your children because you're no good to them passed out.

If you are always the sacrifice, you might think you're doing the right thing, 'for your family', but you CANNOT show up as your best self for your husband, your friends, your kids, your job, etc., if you're not filling your tank first.

When YOU take care of YOU, it allows you to show up as your BEST for everyone else in your life that is important to you.

That's a fact.

S

Suzanne Heath

Dec 28, 2020

A flight attendant would instruct you to put on your own O2 mask before you put O2 masks on your children because you're no good to them passed out.

If you are always the sacrifice, you might think you're doing the right thing, 'for your family', but you CANNOT show up as your best self for your husband, your friends, your kids, your job, etc., if you're not filling your tank first.

When YOU take care of YOU, it allows you to show up as your BEST for everyone else in your life that is important to you.

That's a fact.
I know this but I was raised with a different mindset and I am trying to change it-the inner bitch is real 🤦🏻‍♀️😝 kept promises to myself for 6 days now! Next week when we go back to school will present it’s own challenges of time management but I’m ready and attempting to put together a plan!

Lauralea Edwards

Lauralea Edwards

LBC VIP Member
LBC VIP Training
LBC VIP Nutrition
Dec 29, 2020

That's a fact.
I grew up flying and it took YEARS before I understood the logic of putting your own O2 mask on before helping someone else. The philosophy I was raised with was so backwards! Earlier this year I did some EMDR work around abandonment and realized other people could only abandon me AFTER I had already abandoned myself and given them that power. The key to not being abandoned is to stop abandoning myself! (After all, if we say yes to one thing it means saying no to something else so if I say yes to something someone else wants that I don't really want, that means I'm ultimately saying no to myself). That insight has shifted everything! Now I ask myself every day "What does it look like to show up for myself today?"