Your All-Time Favourite Protein Powder

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Erik, May 10, 2008.

1. jills

jills Make yourself strong

i've whittled my arsenal down to just Champion Cookies and Cream for PWO and BSN Whipped Vanilla for the M6 "cake" with PB.

At some point pp ceased to be a treat and just became functional routine. Like manicures.

2. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

an update on the MHP protein if you let it sit longer it is very :yummy: just mixed it still has a powder taste. I mix it about 30 min before I need it. But I'm scared to bake it.

3. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

Meechel already texted me about it... I guess you two could fight for it! :lol:
    I tried the other two flavors and prefer BSN over Dymatize for all of them. :shrug:

4. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

So, after re-reading this entire thread, I still have no answers.

BSN Lean Dessert just changed their ingredients on the Chocolate Fudge Pudding from protein all coming from milk to being milk and soy :dry: :sick: :mad:

Makes me so mad! Nothing I've tried so far bakes like LDP and topped with pb, you can't beat it. I've tried Dymatize and thought it was :sick: Wondered if Champion bakes well (we have vanilla and chocolate at Vitamin Shoppe).

Can anyone tell me of a good protein powder that bakes well (will make the protein "cake" in the microwave, or crepes, or whatnot), tastes good and is thick?

5. Alicrmt

Alicrmt Something's gotta give!

I must be :ruloco: because I like Dymatize...cafe mocha and chocolate. BUtter toffee is okay but a little too sweet for me :oops:

I also like ON but we don't have the cool stuff here like you guys in the states have :ban: And they are a little thin.

The Dymatize actually makes a good lava cake in the microwave, imo (outside cooked, soft and gooey in the middle), :shrug:

6. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Gaspari Myofusion, Biotest Metabolic Drive- both very thick, and make excellent "cakes"

7. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

Myofusion is :sick: IMO

8. mini-muscles

mini-muscles Member

Beverly UMP bakes extremely well. Beverly Muscle Provider also bakes well and the chocolate flavor is actually too thick for me, but it does make good "brownies." Of course everyone has a different definition of "tastes good" so you just have to try it yourself to know for sure!

And for anyone trying to avoid sucralose, I gotta give a recommend for Revolutionary Nutrition Bionic Whey. It's not thick (for those who like thick), but it mixes extremely well and tastes great for a stevia-flavored PP. Pina Colada . . mmmmmm.

9. kirstny

kirstny Well-Known Member

I imagine there's no such thing as a non-dairy, non-soy pp that "bakes" well...:scratch:

10. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

I've heard that about the UMP, they're just expensive! I'm also interested in seeing if I can find a non-artificial flavor, natural protein that fits this bill (thick, bakes well)

11. ezaler

ezaler Member

i LOVE beverly, metabolic drive, and all the whey. these ALL COOK AWESOME !!!

12. Sandy

Sandy Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

I have found tasty natural PP to drink as a shake, but none that bake well yet.

13. schultzn

schultzn Member

I bought a sample pack of BSN lean dessert -- am anxious to cook with it. My favorite PP is Syntrax Nectar Lemonade flavor. Yum!

14. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

I tried a number of different pp's and have decided that Champion Cookies & Creme is staying my favorite :thumb:

15. mcv

mcv Blissfully Maintaining

I just tried PVL Whey Gourmet cookies and cream for the first time - SUPER delicious!!

16. choop18

choop18 Member

I am so with you on this one...:love0011:

17. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

for cookies and cream i'd say champion but i didnt care for their other flavors. id still prefer pvl pb choc..

18. TriGIrl76

TriGIrl76 Member

I love the Lemonade! My favorite is the cherry though....yummy!

19. sexy_sefora

sexy_sefora Member

I just bought the Nectar Lemonade flavor today. Fortunately the supplement shop here allows you to sample them before buying and i liked that one out of all the other fruit flavored ones. Hopefully, i'll still like in the weeks to come, i get tired of a flavor very easily.

I'm having a hard time finding a protein powder that doesnt make my stomach turn. They literally make me sick now, so thought i'd quit chocolate for a while.

20. patriciaann

patriciaann Active Member

Wow You are lucky!! Sounds like a great store. Mine doesn't and I have quite a few unused containers of pp that I just can't stand. I wish that more of the companies offered trial packets.

A natural pp I really like is Revolutionary Nutrition (http://www.revolutionarynutrition.com/index.cfm). Their products are stevia-sweetened. They have three products I really like. Their pp is called Bionic Edge Whey. They also blend it with oats, flax, CLA, calcium, and some other minerals, etc. and sell it as a female meal replacement shake (very filling), and I am very lazy (mea culpa) they sell a kit so you can make protein bars by mixing their pp with your choice of nut butter. If you email or call him, he's good about demo'ing his products, you can get him to mail you some travel packs.