workout clothes!

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by epona, Dec 7, 2011.

1. berrysnagave

berrysnagave New Member

Im a simple t-shirt & yoga pants girl:lol:. I like Victoria Secrets yoga pants but they do not wick away moisture. I want to try out Nike Tempo shorts soon.

2. gofigure

gofigure New Member

Great info on the Lulu pants. My hubby will want me to buy a gazillion pair.....to his credit I'm a lucky girl! :)

3. runnerstilskin

runnerstilskin Member

I am slowly collecting different Lulus...just scored *AMAZING!!!!* wide legged pants for 59 CAD - they were originally 118 at the store!!!! I also only use their shorts/workout pants...mini pocket for a key is awesome and sweating in them is not uncomfortable
    BTW, I'm in Ontario and EVERYONE here wears Lulu...hoodies are a *must* here LOL although I am yet to buy one, I just really love their pants!

4. RuthieJ

RuthieJ New Member

My sister worked at Lulu in Chicago and it was very cultish and kinda freaky. I know they make AMAZING stuff, I know......but I have read some articles over the last few years about them as a company and just can't stomach their ethics. I am going to link to an article, please read it in its entirety. And please, do not hate me when you're done. So, gulp, here I go with that link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stewart-j-lawrence/when-yogis-kill-the-grisl_b_1077457.html

5. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Sorry but I can no longer bring myself to read anything from that BS Rag of "news" site, Huffington Post. I have read tons of there stuff there and I am simply done with them. :shrug:

Not to say that there can't be the occasional bit of honest and accurate journalism there but, for the most part... not.

6. Debbie

Debbie Official since 2/15/2012

:ditto:

Would never hate you for sharing something you read. I've heard both positive and negative things about the company. Call me superficial- the pants have magical powers that make my below average butt look awesome and I am totally swayed by that. :girly:

7. Algernon

Algernon New Member

At home the walking , yoga, and swimming is your home workout ....

8. 2bflawless

2bflawless Member

Amen.

Those lulu pants are to die for. I must own them!

9. Miss Lizzy

Miss Lizzy Member

Girls, I know that most of you on here are US ladies, but if you want some of the most awesome gym gear on the face of the planet (I don't say this lightly either) try http://www.lornajane.com.au/ Australian company, I think they have just opened their first store in the States, I don't recall where though?

Best workout wear I have ever bought and will never go back to anything else. I have tights, sports bras and tops that as long as you wash them in a bra bag and hang out in the shade, have lasted me close to 4 - 5 years and still are in great condition. A little more expensive than what you'd usually pay, but I simply won't buy anything else now.

:hearts:

10. gymrat_at44

gymrat_at44 Member

You can find discounted Lululemon on Ebay.

11. jimbob12

jimbob12 Guest

I wear my pyjamas - loose fitting and light. Admittedly I have a home gym, so I guess this wouldn't really work if exercising in public!

12. Free2Bme

Free2Bme Member

Another vote for lulu. I am still wearing a pair of groove pants from eight years ago. Well worth the money. I've also had some luck on their website from time to time on the "we made too many" section.

13. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

OK GIRLS!!! This is coming from someone who I wouldn't say is a tightwad but I'm not willing to pay out the ying yang for too much of anything. I posted earlier in this thread on how cheap I was when it came down to my workout clothes, (which I still am), but that said, Hubby and I went to Chicago this weekend for our 10 yr. anniversary and while walking about the town I spotted the Lululemon Athletica store on the corner and I about jumped outta myself for the excitement of wanting to check it out from everything I've heard about it. I walked in and experienced an OMG moment just from the selection alone. Yes, they are very pricey. But EVERYTHING was sooooo darn cute and the material was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! So comfy feeling and strong. THAT said, everything was so overwhelming I walked outta there with nothing!! Not one stitch of clothing. My husband even made the comment on how cute everything there was. And the stuff for the guys was amazing too!! I will go back more prepared again.....(with money this time too!!) With it being our anniversary weekend I'd done blown any allowance for any unexpected purchases....(well, I went a little nuts at Soma but I wished I'd have found the Lululemon store first!!!) Anyhow, my whole point of this thread is, any of you thinking those clothes are too expensive should really check them out! Save a little extra here and there just to pick one thing out at a time if possible! I think I would have a hard time buying anything online because I really like trying the stuff on first to see how it fits. Nothing is more disappointing then purchasing something you really like then finding out it doesn't fit or look right on you AT ALL! It's was pretty cool to experience the store anyway even if I didn't purchase anything, but I will make a trip back there after I save a little here and there also. I want to make my trip worth while so I'm saving up as much as possible before I go!! It will be well worth it when 90% of the time I am in workout clothes!!!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  14. Free2Bme

Free2Bme Member

I understand about trying them on first. When I go into the store now I tend to try on a bunch of different styles to see how they fit and if I really like how it fits and the colour then I will buy it. Then I go home and check out the website to see what other colours they may have available online that were not in my size at the store. Sometimes, I can get them cheaper online as well.

15. Marrjoyc

Marrjoyc New Member

Lululemon used to be the best....unfortunately, the quality is just hit and miss nowadays. There's so many customer complaints the company issued a news release apologizing and promising to do better *rolls eyes* some of the biggest complaints are the colors bleeding during workout and wash, pilling after only a couple wears and uneven seams. I've ordered 2 pairs of pants this yr and I prob won't be ordering anymore unless I read that they've improved. One pair of pants started coming apart at the seams, and both had pilling after one wash (and I was very careful, cold gentle, inside out, hang to dry) very frustrating to spend $100 on pants that look like crap after a couple wears! That being said, I love Bia Brazil, and OldNavy has made some decent improvements over the yrs so I buy a few pieces there, Athletica, TJmaxx or Marshall's, Nordstrom's Rack, and Target all have good options.

16. mygirlies22

mygirlies22 Member

I have been buying lululemon for the past two years since I started yoga. I have a lot of clothes and styles from two years ago that look as good as new. I purchased their three latest tanks plus crops last month and half of the purchase went back. The fit, the fabric and the overall quality was lacking. Their CEO published an apology letter to the customers meaning they were/are well aware of the quality issue. Hopefully, we'll see some improvements in the near future, otherwise I will take my money elsewhere. I love some brands that Nordstrom carries...

17. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I like C9 from Target. They are a branch of Champion's.

18. Emma

Emma Member

I have a crap load and I mean a CRAP load of running clothes, now that I'm not running they are doing double duty as work out clothes.

19. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

Bummer about the lulemon clothes! Well, I have found quite a few deals lately. Meijer has had some really cute outfits lately and not pricey at all. Good quality. I went to Sears a couple of weeks ago and hit the jackpot! A clearance rack of everything for $1.99!!!! Bought some stuff for my girlfriend that teaches at the same club I teach at. She's been wearing pants with holes in them and some really OLD clothes!! I bought everything they had in our sizes and in all different colors, 45.00 champion jackets for 8 and 9 dollars apiece!!

20. Ange

Ange Member

ALL lulu clothes are worth it. Thats mostly what I have (too much of) LOL
    The studio pants are THE best. So versatile as well. They have some awesome hidden pockets as well. Most lulu clothes are designed with key/mp3 player pockets.
    You will own them forever, they dont fade - only youre wallet will because you will likely develop an obsession :embarrassed: