workout clothes!

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by epona, Dec 7, 2011.

1. epona

epona Member

ok i'm tired of wearing the same damn pants to the gym every day. i need a pair with pockets so i can listen to tunes and hold my keys. i'm looking at these hawt pants from lululemon, but they are a gazillion dollars.

who makes your favorite workout clothes?

2. Debbie

Debbie Official since 2/15/2012

OMG! Great post! I love lululemon pants. :love: They have amazing powers that make your butt look awesome. I've only had two pairs but wear them to death. They wash really well and who cares if people think I never change clothes? I too am obsessed with pockets. In the summer I wear skirtsports gymgirl skirts. The shorts underneath have awesome pockets and the shorts never ride up. http://www.skirtsports.com/shop/product.cfm/id/1017-Gym-Girl-Ultra I'm boring and get the basic black but they have cute prints and colors too.

3. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

i wear a lot of the skirts like Deb or Nike Short that have that same built in panty. Rarely if ever wear pants but i will wear a pair of sport pants over my shorts in the colder weather and strip that off.. I can not train legs in pants.

No need for pockets for me, our gym music works great for me.. I also have a small little terry 'bag' that i can put a notebook, phone, pen and what i might need in the immediate moment when training. The rest is in my gym bag near by.

4. xbikemom

xbikemom Member

I'm a runner so I have a lot of running skirts. They have a few small pockets, designed for gels, so I carry a little bag for my notebook and keys, etc.

5. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

Lulu pants. They're worth it.

Also have a friend that likes Bia Brazil.

6. epona

epona Member

ok that skirt is awesome. just ordered it. i'm a terrible impulse buyer!

do you not like training legs in pants because they are uncomfortable, or because you can't really see your legs? i have been wearing the same crop pants to the gym forever and am wondering now if the skirt will be better for leg days......

7. Inatic

I get too hot!

8. epona

epona Member

haha! that's funny, i am always freezing! working out seems to bring me up to "normal" temp!

9. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

:lol: There is no such thing as 'amazing powers' powerful enough to make this butt look awesome. It needs some serious renovation.
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile, the brand doesn't matter. I go for the deal. Cheap! and instead of the pair that looks best, for now I have to choose the pair that looks the least offensive. :lol: :shrug:

I can't stand to have any skin exposed at the gym. I don't want anything there to touch my skin. :lol:

I like lots of the styles in Lulu and Bia Brazil... but only on other people... not on this ass. Not yet. One day. One milestone at a time. I'll reassess after Patrice IV.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  10. Inatic

low T3!!
    That was how i used to be. Had to jump around as well to get my heart rate up. Then id get chilled when i should be sweating.

Cant cardio or do met work in pants either..

11. Debbie

:thumb: I corrupted you! Hope you like it when it comes. The pockets really are awesome plus it's feminine without being :poledance:. What color did you get?

12. Miss Silly

Miss Silly The Peanut Gallery

I have a theory about Lulu. LOL. You know how they say Guinness beer tastes better the closer you get to Ireland? The closer you get to Vancouver, the more you see women wearing Lulu. We wear it to work. To the gym. To the movies. To the bar. LOL. It's almost a fashion epidemic hahaha (my sister living in NYC always bugs me about it). I can't help it. I have a serious love affair with lululemon. It's comfy. And while my weight is fluctuation :-( lulu pretty much still fits (can't think about jeans right now....). Not every single thing they produce is a winner, but most of their stuff really is the ish. I've had lulu pants that i bought in 2005 that i *still* wear LOL. It's $ but i've slowly collected items over the years and it was well worth it.

I worked really hard not to buy the tutu they had listed on their website a few weeks ago. LOL (i dance, but not ballet!).

13. epona

epona Member

debbie - black of course. it goes with everything and doesn't show stains. i'm a slob. :lol:

miss silly - i just noticed you are from vancouver. i LOVE that city! visited once for a couple of days and it was def. on my top ten places list. i just loved how you could still see mountains from downtown.

luckily, (or not for my wallet) there is a lululemon store here in berkeley. might have to make a trip next payday! i'm very tempted by some of their tops and jackets as well. really want this:

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/...skuId=3427028&catId=women-jackets-and-hoodies

14. Debbie

I'm with you sister- I always get black for the same reasons. PLUS- I heard it makes you look thinner! :lol:

I love that jacket. One of the gals at my gym has it, same cool heathered color. The seams and the curved back hem are super flattering. Very tempting!

15. phippengr8

phippengr8 Member

I LOve LOve their stuff. I want some new stuff so bad. But I got Christmas to buy for the kids.

16. Miss Silly

Miss Silly The Peanut Gallery

:) well i have to admit, i'm biased so i do love it here too LOL. If you can deal with 10 or so months of drizzle rain (fo shizzle!) then it's worth how awesome it is in August and September. There is some pretty badass natural beauty around here. It's actually my favourite part of the twilight movies hahahah. Filmed locally and really did a great job of showing off how beautiful the northwest coast is. I'm glad to hear you loved your visit to our city!!!!

Yeah....lulu.... probably where a good portion of my paycheque goes to as well LOL! LOVE that hoodie!!!!!!!!!

17. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

18. Ashlee30

Ashlee30 Member

UGH!! Epona, I hate that you showed this. I WANT IT!! Merry Christmas to me! :laugh:

19. lka

lka Member

I have a serious lulu addiction. 23 bottoms, 20 tops and 6 jackets. It's bad and making me go broke but I always look good at the gym. I live in Colorado and we have 3 stores but no outlet. I went to an outlet this summer for the first time in Florida and it was TROUBLE!!! My fiancé told me I am not allowed to wear the wonder unders out in public anymore bc my butt looks too good. No such thing I said!!!

20. Askinner11

Askinner11 Active Member

Ok, so I hear everyone talking about the Wunder Unders that make your bum look so good!! What about the other pants from LuLu? Do they help too?! :lol: I like more of a flare leg and I couldn't find any Wunder under flares!! ;)