Working Night Shifts?!?

Discussion in 'Board Issues and Announcements' started by Elisabeth, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

I was just hired on nights 4 on 4 off and I am wondering how I can manage eating my meals for those working nights? (11pm-7am)
    Does anyone else work nights?
    Any advice, tips or suggestions?

2. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I worked night shifts for 8 years. I worked 6pm-6am. I treated my wake up time as my meal one and went from there.

3. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

wow! 6-6, thats tough.. You basically had no life I assume.. I guess its the day before i'm more worried about because I won't have any meals for the first night if I eat regular during the day.

4. MissyG

MissyG Member

Won't you be sleeping most of it? Or are you planning to stay up 24 hours that day?

5. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

Well the first night shift I will be up early enough cause I do have a 1.5yr old and I will most likely nap in the late afternoon before work when my son goes down to sleep so I will be up in the day. I guess I'll just figure it out. Maybe I'll eat half my meals and save the other half for my night shift for the first night.

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

i posted your question )name with held) to the FB page. you can see what others have done

7. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

awesome Ileen, thank you! I will go have a look right now :)

8. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

It may help us help you if you write down your work and non-work days in hours. This way, we know when you are awake and when you are asleep.

9. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

I will get back to you on this once I have a reg routine established. I will try and figure something out and see how it goes.