Why Do People ...

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Erik, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Erik

Erik Admin

... find it so hard to stick to a diet?

Is it really that challenging? Why?

Is it for emotional reasons? Lack of will power? Because it's there? Lack of drive/motivation?

What's your obstacle?

2. RiemmyGirl

RiemmyGirl Member

Sweets. I love sweets. The food I eat now is good but it is the you want what you can not have theory with me. I do not mind the preparation at all.

3. cm13cm

cm13cm Member

the food tastes good and its comfort for me sometimes. im getting much better though

4. Chelonian

Chelonian New Member

I find it hard to eat clean or eat below maintenance, when I don't have food prepared and my schedule gets hectic with work, kids and kid's activities.

If I don't eat on time I get hungry and I'm tempted with nonclean foods. I don't go way overboard, but If I do this too often, all that unclean eating adds up. Before you know it, I've gained several pounds. Errrrrg...

5. Erik

Erik Admin

I'm not privy to yours and Leah's inside jokes.

6. MudHen

MudHen New Member

For me it's stress. Something happens or changes in your life. Could be good or bad. Somehow everything relates to food.

7. Erik

Erik Admin

Yeah, and?

But food will always be there, and there are times when foods like that is allowed. My question is why can't a person wait until a designated time as opposed to just caving in.

8. andi

andi anyone selling sleep?

hey are you making fun of my bi-weekly? :lol:
    my main issue is when I'm depressed. I don't care about anything then eps eating right :oops:

9. Erik

Erik Admin

I'm the opposite

Stress destroys my appetite.

10. Stifler

Stifler Member

Cause I enjoy sitting down and eating a 30oz steak in one sitting. I also enjoy bread.

I hate to cook and never sit down and think about what I should and should not eat.

And I like beer.

11. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

I have no more issues with food.

My eating is under control.

12. Erik

Erik Admin

Excellent.

13. 3sweeties

3sweeties Well-Known Member

HORMONES.

14. spicy~d

spicy~d Member

For me it's been a one bite issue. Just one bite of the teddy grahams I'm giving the kids or one bite of a pb&j. I have done really well with my plan for the past week, but it's those damn kids. :lol:
    I thought to myself at the time that one bite is fine, but at the end of the week, those bites add up. And, for me, my cheat didn't feel like a cheat...so I cheated a bit more. Mind you this is the best I've done at eating clean ever. :clap:
    I even took a bite once and spit it out. I just wanted to taste the food!
    d

15. Chelonian

Chelonian New Member

Thats wonderful! :woohoo:

Just curious, how you came to this point in your life if its not too personal?

16. spicy~d

spicy~d Member

My husband is on here.

17. spicy~d

spicy~d Member

I thought of another one...no variety.
    Eating the same things the same way gets old.
    Lack of creativity.

18. MudHen

MudHen New Member

There is always that pressure from other people to eat. I don't know how many times I've watched my friends eat cake or ice cream while I sit and watch. I don't mind and sometimes I'll indulge a bit - well not right now cause I'm sticking to my plan - only planned cheats of course :p. But sometimes it's hard to resist.

19. Erik

Erik Admin

That only works as an excuse in a limited capacity.

20. Erik

Erik Admin

See, that doesn't bother me.

I eat for a purpose though, since I'm always training for something. I save the 'good, creative, whatever meals' for cheats. I don't need every day to be a day of gourmet eating.