What's your favorite HIGH VOLUME foods?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by gmhicks, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Anne

Anne New Member

Can you link the article you mention regarding the percentage you take off cooked spaghetti squash? It's the only thing I'm really struggling with in terms of weighing my food.

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

3. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

I love love love spaghetti squash and sub it for a carb all the time so when I saw that post I went to fb and found the curls and whey post and it says on there she deducts 10% from cooked weight which may not be accurate but is safe. That's what I'll do from now on! I was totally weighing it cooked bc I thought cooked weighed more!

4. What do you put on top of your spaghetti squash!!

5. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

I actually like it with just a little spray butter. But I also have enjoyed it with marinara sauce too!

6. Anne

Anne New Member

So, on my plan I can have 190 g raw sweet potato which can be subbed with 521 g spaghetti squash (raw weight). Right? And so if I cook it and am then weighing it I should take 10% off which is 52g giving me 469 g cooked spaghetti squash yes? No? I've got one on my counter that I really want :)

7. Inatic

i love ground turkey with smidge of pasta sauce.
    or a hint of parmesian served with shrimp.

8. lmac

lmac New Member

I tried it both ways and it's great! I do the same thing with my zucchini - yummy!

9. melpfaf

melpfaf New Member

Y'all!! A couple month's ago before that CWT post about subtracting 10%, I got spaghetti squash to sub for my sweet potatoes. Was trying to figure out how the hell I was going to weigh it raw. I peeled it and scraped out the seeds/pulp and it was the biggest pain in the booty ever. Not even worth it, I'd already decided before I finished that I was NEVER doing this again! I steamed in a steamer basket on the stove and afterward, out of curiosity, I weighed it again - 3 FREAKING GRAMS difference. This was for several HUNDRED grams of squash! Baking may yield different results, but steaming it now I weigh it cooked and do not subtract anything!

10. kristiet

kristiet New Member

How do I find sophie's journal? Sorry I'm new!

11. Inatic

You need to be able to see the journal section.

12. LAW

LAW New Member

Spaghetti squash is great

13. rhart4u

rhart4u New Member

All squashes kobacha is awesome butternut and spaghetti squash is like lbs on my plate my son even asked me how I was going to eat all of that! Rutabagas are great roasted like fries also I am a volume girl for sure! I mostly sub carbs though.