What's your favorite HIGH VOLUME foods?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by gmhicks, Dec 14, 2011.

1. rainy

rainy Meat-building phase

I usually eat it immediately like a pudding. You can also freeze it for 20-30 mins to make ice cream. That's yummy too.

2. rainy

rainy Meat-building phase

I use pasteurized egg whites from a carton which are supposed to be salmonella free and safe to eat raw.

3. mjlivingfit

mjlivingfit New Member

Same here!!!

4. JB1976

JB1976 New Member

Hi Ileen,

I am a newbie, and a red meat lover. Other then extra lean ground beef, what cut of meat do you buy? e.g. sirloin, round etc

Thanks

Jody

5. JB1976

JB1976 New Member

Pardon the ignorance, but what is WF Syrup?

6. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

Walden Farms

7. JB1976

JB1976 New Member

Thanks,

Will have to look for it here.

Jody

8. rgreba

rgreba New Member

Other then lean ground beef I get sirloin. Sometimes I'll do something totally different like venison. If you have LBC food calculator app you can sub out whatever food you want for what you have planned.

9. JB1976

JB1976 New Member

Thanks for that, I steered clear of the beef, as I was not sure what the best cut was to get.

10. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

These recipes sound very interesting! Thanks for sharing them.

11. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

spaghetti squash is still a favorite.

12. jamistar77

jamistar77 Well-Known Member

Mine USED to be Rugrats, now they make my tummy hurt, so off to find another HV food!

13. Anne

Anne New Member

Wow. I love all these ideas. I've never had rutabagas. I'm going to go looking for them tomorrow.

14. Anne

Anne New Member

I tried adding extra water to my oats this morning and was amazed they bulked up as much as they did. It was like I got a double serving. How delightful.

15. Inatic

yes! i always used to do that with my oats.

Red potatoes! vs russet.. not as high as rutabaga's though.

16. Emma

Emma Member

I had to google rutabaga, looks like it's a swede, I might give them a go in lieu of sweet potatoes sometime this week.

17. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

Spaghetti Squash is my absolute favorite high-volume food! I love it. I've never weighed it raw though but I read a post the other day that mentioned it should be weighed raw. I usually cook it in the oven and then weigh it out. I assumed this would be okay since it's slightly heavier cooked. Does everyone else weigh it raw and if so what's an easy way to do this?
    I also add extra water to my oatmeal and to my eggs before cooking. Feels like I'm eating so much more this way! And I don't know why but I feel like when I make pancakes out of my oatmeal and eggs (mixing them together with a little baking powder and frying them) I am eating so much more.

18. I would like to know as well about measurements of spaghetti and butternut squash! Its super difficult to cut/dice and measure raw:( But if need be to stay on plan I will make the hubby continue to cut them before i cook them!

19. Inatic

I just take a percent off the cooked raw.
    Curls and Whey fb page had a recent post in it.

20. Bewitched4011

Bewitched4011 Member

Where can I find Corinnes Cocount Strawberry Pancake 'gasms???! :shades: