What's your favorite HIGH VOLUME foods?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by gmhicks, Dec 14, 2011.

1. brooket

brooket Active Member

I made this pumpkin loaf this morning! HEAVELY! A must try and really great volume ;) THANKS FOR SHARING AGAIN! :yum: A wee bit of SF syrup and holy WOW!

2. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Well, we all know I'm infamous for making everything in my Marie Calendar's pie tins :lol3: so it made one big one. It rose nicely too without using any baking powder. I could have added more water but I was in a hurry for work. I'd guess it would make at least 4.

3. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

I added it in because I don't care for WF by itself.

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

ok peeps.
    we need pictures of these baked creations!

5. jamistar77

jamistar77 Well-Known Member

I have a pic coming up! I have my M1 in the oven right now! It filled 9 muffins thingies.. :piggie: I cant wait to see how these suckers rise! Normally they get HUGE!

Corrnine, Gotcha! Great idea.

Patti~ I love WF SF syrups on mine. I made a blueberry loaf the other day and put Blueberry SF syrup on it.. MmmMmmMm!:drool:

6. jamistar77

Where are all these recipes at!!?? *HAVETOFINDTHEM*

7. jamistar77

8. jamistar77

OK! I found Corrines Strawberry Coconut recipe.. MAKING THESE! Thanks girl! Where is the Sophies super power muffin recipe at?

9. patti

patti Active Member

Sorry-sorry-sorry....
    Uhh, The Crock pot oatmeal AND Super-Powers EW & Pumpkin Muffins are about two weeks back in Sophie's journal. Here, I'll do a copy/paste - but if you want to browse around her journal, the recipes we're talking about here are in & around page 30

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY WAY OF "SOPHIE'S CHOICE"
    "Okay, everyone, listen up! Here's how to make the BEST, creamy, non-sticky, single-serving crock pot oats:

Put your pre-measured amount of steel cut or oat groats into a measuring cup
    Add 4x the amount of water to the measuring cup. (My 31g of oats equals less than 1/4 cup, and I use 1 c water)
    Add flavorings, seasonings (if desired). If you're adding crunchy fruit such as apples to your oats, you'll need a bit more water.
    Place measuring cup in slow cooker.
    Fill slow cooker with water up to appx. the same level as the water in the measuring cup. The slow cooker is used as a bain marie here.
    Put lid on slow cooker.
    Turn heat on to "low".
    Go to bed.
    Wake up to the best oats EVER.
    ***If you want to add your ew to the oats, all I do is dump the measuring cup contents into a pot on the stove, turn it on, add my ew, mix and cook through (takes a minute or two). Depending on how you like your oats, you may need a bit more water at this point.

Ta-da! Enjoy!" *you can add a bit more water depending on your preference

Her Super-Powers EW & Pumpkin Muffins are just that- EW's & about 60g of pumpkin puree.
    You can season it with cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice & even a little stevia. A batch of these using 4-6 EWs will make one tray of 12 mini muffins.
    Sprinkle with some stevia & more cinnamon, bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes.
    These are good cold, but even gooder IMO reheated in a skillet - I let them sit in a pan over medium heat for a few minutes, then flip them & let them heat on the second side till they're good & hot. (Sometimes, I pretend I'm a master chef and flip 'em up in the air like they do on those cooking shows -Tee-Hee!).
    Then I plate them, sprinkle with cinnamon again (cuz I really like cinnamon - plus it just looks purty on my plate that way) Then drizzle with WF Maple Syrup. I was never a huge French Toast eater, but my DH makes it from time to time & when I reheat them like this, for some reason, that's what they remind me of.

10. Inatic

She needs to add the ew/pumpkin one to the eggwhite thread.

11. lesliemirinda

lesliemirinda Member

So you cook the oats in the crockpot WITH the measuring cup lol????????

12. Inatic

yes, that is how its done accodring to Sophie's recipe.

13. jamistar77

Patti! You're awesome! Thanks so much for finding that for me and posting it! I'm going to have to stalk the crap out of Sophies journal for some more ideas!! :D Looks really good! I cant wait to try it!

14. jamistar77

OMGOSH! I made rudabega again, this time instead of baking them into fries and losing almost half the volume I boiled them. As I do my sweet potatoes. I weighed out the desired amount of 336 grams.. subbing for my 129g sweet taders. I cut them up and boiled them.. When they were done they weighed out to be 424g! SHEESH! I couldn't finish, and that hardly EVER happens! I sprayed some I cant believe its not butter on them, sea salt and pepper.. SO GOOD!

15. Inatic

i 'boiled' my russet 'chips' in the mirco in a glass dish.. definitely more volume that way.. sprinkled some spices on mine with a bit of broth..
    yummy!

16. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

:doh: I totally forgot! Doing it right now!

17. Rutabaga is the best high volume food for me...never been tried but I've seen in the comments it is good..

18. shimmeringpearl

shimmeringpearl Member

:faint:

19. zonedriven

zonedriven Member

I love Oat Bran.... It seems like to amount is much greater than oatmeal, more filling....

20. glanderson13

glanderson13 New Member

Do any of you limit your red meat consumption? I seem to have some trouble digesting it :(
    What is the best replacement for it?