What would you do if....

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Noel Clark, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

Your child's teacher-spanked or paddled your child?

I am still so shocked that this is actually LEGAL in some states. :shock:

2. KaPow

KaPow Senior Member

spank them back :shrug::lol:

I can't believe it is still legal....

3. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

yeah they actually have it in the school handbook of how many licks/whips correlate with the action. Of course you have to sign a paper saying you will allow corporal punishment. But still :huh:

4. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

not in all states :blink:

My MIL and SIL are both teachers in Alabama and they are allowed to do this...at any time. :wth: Someone would be in deep doo doo if that happened to my child...

5. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

I would be flipping out- especially since I do not do that at home... let alone a "stranger"!!!

6. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

exactly...anyone want to see me go psycho...touch my child LOL

7. Lyn

Lyn 2nd String Bench Warmer

I think they still do it in some of the schools here.

Since I don't have kids and since I've been told that "people without kids make the best parents" :dry: I'll keep my opinions about discipline to myself. :D

8. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

do tell

9. Lyn

Nope. We've had this conversation before in another thread and I got the "hands aren't for hitting" speech. :dry:

:lol:

10. hydrick

hydrick Senior Member

:yeahthat: I would be livid.

11. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

I don't have kids, but if I did and a teacher spanked my child, unholy hell would break loose. Laws be damned.

12. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

hahahahahahahahaha

13. Lyn

Honestly though, corporal punishment was always done in the schools when I was a kid. I made it through 13 yrs of school and was never paddled because I was never a discipline problem. I guess I just figure that if kids are acting up and being disruptive and a paddling (or the threat of paddling) will solve the problem...go for it. If kids are taught to behave at home from the parents, well, then I don't think those kids or their parents will ever have to worry about paddlings. :shrug:

Kids are too soft these days anyway. :dry:

Ok, let the flaming begin. :cardio:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

I agree that a lot of stuff needs to be taught at home--FOR SURE. As for the rest ....I am going to :zipit: :D

15. Lyn

We can agree to disagree. Besides I don't want you laughing at me 6 yrs down the road when I get all ethnic and get arrested for kicking someone's ass when they paddle my kid. :lol:

16. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

bhahahaha.
    funny story...my brother (pre kids) saw one of mine tell me NO. Christian (my brother) said , My child will NEVER tell me no. I just looked at him like this :blink: I rub that story in as often as I possibly can bhaahahahaha. You should hear his daughter bahahahahahah

17. fit'n'healthy

fit'n'healthy Senior Member

I am not against spanking, but I dont think I would like a teacher in a school to spank my child. I thing that is something up to a parent, grandparent, etc not a 'stranger'. Mainly bc I wouldn't know what they constitute as 'spank worthy'.

18. Lyn

Yeah, I'm with Christian. I have a WHOLE list of things that my children aren't going to do. I did get called out at work the other day on my parenting skills. Seems that the thingy (aspirator??) that you put up a kids nose to clear the snot is supposed to be squeezed BEFORE you stick it up the kids nose. I thought you squeezed it afterwards. :scratch: Who knew?? :shrug: My kids better not ever have a cold or else they are gonna get jacked. :lol:

19. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

bahahahaha

yep, Christian would always ask....how do you know that..like don't give them honey or strawberries or this or that. He said, I am going to kill the poor thing

20. Lyn

I knew about the honey from on episode of ER. What's the deal with strawberries? :scratch: