What did you see in your gym today?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Erin, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

Wrong thread.

2. Babydoll

Babydoll New Member

I just started taking a cardio/weights class once a week,just to get out with a friend. It was a lot of fun, but the instructor wasn't even using proper technique. Sure, she was doing lots of squats and high reps for overhead triceps, etc, but really what's the point when she's not even contracting her muscles more than a couple of inches, not only that but it's teaching beginners bad technique.

3. Dayna

Dayna Member

i saw a girl the other day put 4 plates a side on the leg press and then barely bend her knees, she looked like she was working hard. saw her doing some barely lifting with dumbell rows> seeing stuff like that makes me think of how I have read Eriks posts of training the body, not the ego. Im at the gym to get in shape, not throw as much weight around so everyone can see "how strong i am"

4. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

I can't stand it when I see someone doing a pull-down or row or whatever it is as fast as they possibly can and throwing their bodies all over the place!! I just cringe and wanna go smack 'em in the back of the head and yell, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!" If you can't lift the weight, DON'T DO IT!!!

5. james120685

james120685 New Member

I am new in this forum, recently i have joins the Gym. this is quite amazing to see the atmosphere in the gym, peoples are working hard to get good in shape this really motivate me a lot.

6. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

oh oops! :doh: Thanks, chica!

:lol:

7. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

:funny:

8. easwingle

easwingle New Member

Ok I gotta play. Yesterday I was on the treadmill, I was sandwiched between the two extremes. To my left was a skinny fat woman, drenched in sweat, running from zombies for like 15 minutes. At one point she stopped, disappeared, came back a few minutes later and went at it again. She was still going at it when I left. To my right...... O.... M...... G..... A guy, prolly in his early 40's, jeans, t-shirt, boots..... Walking at approximate 2 mph and playing solitaire on the treadmill screen. I did a double take, looked him up and down shamelessly, and then contemplated how I felt about the whole ordeal. He too was still there when I left.

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Member

I'm new here. Went to the gym yesterday and there was only 1 guy. Lots of women coming and going, working out hard. Not a big deal, but odd for our gym.
    Felt like "girl-day"!

10. Gooser

Gooser Do I even lift?

LOL!! Oh my...... I have nothing that compares to the 'boots & solitaire' dude ha! Thanks for this! Made me smile :)

11. Ange

Ange Member

12. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

That was soooooooo true!!!!!! Funny.......!

13. runningjoy

runningjoy Member

so...as i was on the treadmill today...looking around the gym like you do...a dude. no word of a lie...was doing the "gingham style" dance inbetween sets. yep. straight up. do a set. dance. watch self in mirror. do a set...

s.e.r.i.o.u.s.l.y.

:popcorn:

14. JodiShep

JodiShep New Member

Well on saturday i overheard these 2 young boys (around 15/16) talking about their steroids and how they are using them/and what they want to get out of it. Both of them said they want bigger legs so they are using steriods to do that because they dont train legs. OMFG BOYS maybe if you train something other than chest and biceps everyday you will proportion out and there is no use for roids! I think its so sad that these kids are injecting themselves, its rather obvious that they are on them with all the acne on their necks and back and in the last month their upper bodys have become huge. Some people have no idea.

15. mcbell

mcbell New Member

Now that made me laugh.

16. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

Walked in and the first person I see, is walking backwards on the step mill. :ruloco:

17. Amy

:funny: Can't say I have seen that.

18. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

I remember seeing this thread awhile back and I saw something on Tuesday that I just have to include here. 4 women are always at the gym in the morning. They run together and then lift. We are usually in the locker room getting ready for work at the same time and I can't help but listen to their conversations. They started a "cleanse" about a week ago that eliminates all protein, sugar, dairy, and wheat. Not sure what exactly they are eating but they are taking pills too and all doing it together. They were talking about what they are going to start eating after the cleanse (4 weeks total) and one of the women said that she's not going to drink protein powder after working out anymore because it makes her too bulky and she wants to lean out. Her friend replied that yes protein powder is what men drink to gain weight and build muscle and that they don't want to do that! They just want to get lean and toned. The woman said she agreed and that she was sure she had put on too much muscle from the protein powder and that was why she was gaining weight. She said she would probably stop eating protein for a little while because she gained too much weight when she ate it...her body doesn't respond well to protein. Her friend nodded, and said "Yes, I think that's a good idea."
    Just one of the many things I've seen in the gym lately...but this one I had to write about because sadly I think this type of thinking or conversation is very common among women.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Amy

:sad:
    I still can't believe people think protein powder is a weight gainer. :ruloco:

But you are right, many think it is.

20. Emma

Emma Member

Cartman has a lot to answer for, "Beefcake! BEEFCAKE!!"