What did you see in your gym today?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Erin, Feb 16, 2007.

1. minglette

minglette Member

:wtf:

2. Tomas

Tomas New Member

Nice thread.
    When i went to gym first time then i saw one of the trainers
    standing on a bosu ball with the tension bands doing bicep
    curls with a medicine ball between his legs. I feel very good to
    see them.

3. FireFly

FireFly New Member

Kettlebell swings that were basically a front raise. Trainer watching intently.

I don't think that posterior chain was involved ONE iota in that particular case. The squatting down part was just barely a knee bend, and that bell did not go under the body at all....though it was evident that this was the intention. Zero correction from trainer to client :huh:

4. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I saw someone teaching someone else how to do RDLs and the guy was majorly rolling his back and also probably using wayyyyy too much weight. I so want to correct when I see stuff like this...owie!!

5. hoopinjenn

hoopinjenn The Penis Genius

a new mom with her baby in a crotch dangler on the elliptical. might not have been so bad but the babies head was falling backwards and she was doing nothing to support his head :yell:

6. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

This isn't anything bad but was absolutely adorable!! About once a month they offer free karate classes to kids 5-10 yrs. old at one of the gyms I'm at. There was this 5 yr. old little boy today that was no taller then my ankles!! Seeing him do the punches and kicks were priceless....wish I had a video of that!!! He put everything he had into it all and his form I must say was pretty impressive for a 5 yr. old!!

7. phippengr8

phippengr8 Member

Im sure this is a popular one: but really.. holding on to the top of the treadmill while running( no incline mind you)

Am I missing something? I see this all the time. why dont they slow down the speed if they are afraid of going off the back. :headshake:

8. Erik

Erik Admin

That's stupid.

9. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I do see this alot. There is a guy at my gym that does this at top speed and scares me to death!! My other pet peeve is seeing people on the stepmill hunched over leaning on the handrails. That is really really bad on your back not to mention you really are losing some effort by hanging on like that...

10. hoopinjenn

hoopinjenn The Penis Genius

This was the day for seeing things at the gym what the heck LOLz!

1- lady doing 1/2 squats in the smith machine. This is actually the first time i have ever seen this and wow it looked kind of awkward

2- guy doing military presses in smith machine :huhhuh:

3- same guy above doing shoulder shrugs so fast I'm not sure he was actually getting a good muscle contraction

4- weird guy that likes to fist pump 5lb dbs was doing something totally new today (all while in his jammies) Y'all remember Fresh Prince of Bel - Air and the dance Carlton used to do? Ok imagine that while holding a weight plate

5- best thing I saw today was a guy doing REAL pull ups! I almost wanted to thank him :lol:

11. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

There's a guy who alway wears the weirdest outfit. It looks like it should be some kind of race-car driver suit. Kinda like this only its 2 piece and bright orange with big, white flames across the back/shoulders:
    [​IMG]

And his shoes match. But instead of white-on-orange, they're orange-on-white. They look sort of like this. I don't think they're cleats (unless the cleats are digging into the rubber floor). They just look like they have uber-thin soles. But the uppers are about this shape/style only without the Nike swoosh. They're all white with some little bits of orange detail (looks like little thin flames?).
    [​IMG]

Next time I see him, I should run up to my locker to get my phone and take a picture of him. :lol:

12. Natt

Natt Member

Seriously????? That's just plain weird

13. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

DO IT!!!! I wanna see that!! LOL!

14. glassmmam

glassmmam Well-Known Member

:lol3: Gym suit guy

Ok - so mine is not a holy crap kind of thing - but 2 nice things.

1: young dude hogging the squat rack :) He was sumo deadlifting 405# x 3 while standing on 2 45# plates (for height) Great Form! We all almost cheered. He was a chalk user and using his weight belt properly, i.e. taking it off in between sets. Then he did a couple of single sets of 455 fun to watch.

2: A dude near my age (later 40s/early 505) missing a hand doing UB workout ... push presses, etc. He has attachments so he can use the regular bars.

No Excuses!

15. zonedriven

zonedriven Member

Absolutely... I don't know why I EVER feel bad about myself...

16. zonedriven

zonedriven Member

Well, in my gym, there is this person....who I haven't figured out yet whether it's male/female. I'm thinking she's a female, that looks very much like a male. This person never goes to the bathroom (either one)...so that hasn't helped me any. He/She works out pretty hard and I've noticed has upped the weights on many exercises, so if it is a female she is certainly making progress. But I'm still perplexed.

17. zonedriven

zonedriven Member

Yeah...take a sneak picture, I would like to see it too...

18. nari1208

nari1208 Banned

I miss going to the gym and do some cardios and workouts. =/ I also miss seeing my aero instructor who is so handsome and cute!!!!

19. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

My neighbor goes to my gym 3x's per week. He's missing most of one of his arms. He only uses the one arm to do upper body. He has no prosthetics to use. He's 60-something. He's been a fixture there for as long as I've been there which is 20 yrs. It is really cool!! He sets a very good example and like the post earlier, what do I have to complain about! No excuses is right!

20. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

You should introduce yourself and get his/her name.

But then, it might be a non-gender specific name like Pat. :lol: