What did you see in your gym today?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Erin, Feb 16, 2007.

1. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

It must have been bad if you were getting pissed off. You showed more self-restraint than I would have.

2. kirstny

kirstny Well-Known Member

Nothing! Taking the day off!
    :yayconfetti:

And yikes on that trainer.
    :grrr:

3. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

OMFG. I saw a chick this morning with a Thigh Master. I shit you not!!! A real, Suzanne Somers Thigh Master that she had pulled out of her gym bag!

4. cathymp

cathymp Well-Known Member

I think I would have had a hard time controlling my laughter if I saw this. :laugh:

5. asnow21

asnow21 New Member

We have a true weekend-warrior at my gym... he'll come in both Saturday and Sunday & stay for at LEAST two hours... Do 1 WAY-Too-Heavy REP on everything with the poorest form youve ever seen, while wearing a weight belt... and then go outside and chain smoke in his car until his next set. He's obvious pretty serious about lifting... or, at least he grunts like he is.

6. Shannaks

Shannaks This seat's taken

There was a trainer in the squat rack next to the one I was using for my deadlifts yesterday that had a client doing deads as well. She had no weight added to the bar and she was in good shape. She kept watching me add weight to the bar and asked her trainer why he wasn't adding any weight to hers. What did he say back to her you ask?? " She is building muscle obviously that is why she has such heavy weight, I am having you lift just the bar so you TONE your muscles." :ruloco:

Tone is a 4 letter word...:nonono:

7. glassmmam

glassmmam Well-Known Member

:lol3: and you are oh so big and bulky Blech! LOL

8. glassmmam

glassmmam Well-Known Member

:lol:

9. Shannaks

I saw a gal today doing bicep curls using the smith machine. I kid you not :wtf:

10. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

How is that even possible? :lol:

11. Kristina

Kristina Member

Not so much as saw but the noise comming out of the dude next to me..WAS CRAZY..I wasn't sure if he was pooping, hurt, having a baby or just really pissed off! I could hear him grunting over my tunes..So that caused me to remove my ear phones to listen..INSANE! Really!? Inside voice please!! :wtf:

heheh! Oh well to each his own to get through a workout..

12. Shannaks

I should have stayed near her longer to video. I am getting better at taking sly videos of idiots at my gym. :funny:

13. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

:scratch:

14. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

:funny:

15. Shannaks

I think I am going to change the title of this thread to " what did you see in your gym today on the smith machine"

Today on the smith machine a guy was doing SLDLs with very little weight and a weight belt on. ummmmm :wtf:

16. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

I bet we could have a thread just for the smith machine and we would have tons of posts. :sad:

17. shimmeringpearl

shimmeringpearl Member

This has been eye opening!

18. mhoover

mhoover New Member

A trainer having his client stand on a exercise ball?!? What's the point? That's an unnecessary accident waiting to happen.

19. cathymp

cathymp Well-Known Member

Stand? :ruloco:

20. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

A man in jeans and a tucked in long sleeve button up shirt walking backward on the treadmill.. Yep... And Sunday two teenage boys taking turns lifting each others weight on the BB bench press for every rep.. Point please???? And the spotting was even done badly. I wanted so bad to go show them how and unload their plates for them.. It hurt to watch..