What did you see in your gym today?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Erin, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Erin

Erin Getting back to this...

I know we've had these in the past but I've seen so much crazy stuff in the past two weeks I'm starting to think the trainers there are taking bets to see who can make their client do the craziest workout.:lol3: So...what did you se in your gym today (or yesterday or whenever)?...

2. Erin

Erin Getting back to this...

Here are two, since 'functional training' seems to be the hip thing to do at my gym:

1. I saw one of the trainers standing on a bosu ball with the tension bands doing bicep curls with a medicine ball between his legs.

2. A guy was using the smith machine, but not in a way I've seen before. He had a stability ball and was using the smith machine to stabilize himself standing on the stability ball and then throwing a medicine ball back and forth with some other guy (who did not look amused and was standing on the floor). That was his workout. He got there after I did and left after that.

3. Erik

Erik Admin

I'll let you know when I get back. :popcorn:

4. Patricia

Patricia Guest

I saw a couple of guys training in their deadlift suits and pulling really, really heavy shit.

I saw someone else performing reverse hypers. And another person hittin' the heavy bag.

Hmmmm....kinda boring, eh?

5. TheDeliverator

TheDeliverator 198'er of Doom!

They could hurt their backs.

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

There was a gal doing "seated row" but instead of sitting upright and pulling (ya'll know how to row) she was pulling all the way back so that she was lying down on the seat/bench. Back up lean forward, rinse repeat.

:scratch: some kind of back exercise??

7. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

I saw some fool trying cable pull throughs for the first time. He looked ridiculous.

The things you see when you look in the mirror! :funny:

8. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

I saw this little tiny girl...with this crazy outfit on and a headband...she was asking all kinds of questions...really didn't know her way around the gym...wait um uh that was Ana...sorry didn't recognize you with your cool outfit on. :kiss:

:funny:

• Like Like x 1
  9. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

It's so boring I wanna train at your gym. :D

10. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

:lol3:

11. JJ29

JJ29 BBB member

I saw someone put on a weight belt to do bicep curls w/ the cable machine

12. donnajo

donnajo Feeling Strong!

I saw someone going to the bathroom. I accidentally walked in on someone. It was a quick excuse me and shut the door. OOPs!:oops:

13. ladybug

ladybug Member

OMG!!!!!!:funny: :funny: :funny:

14. Aaron_F

Aaron_F A Grade Asshat

When benching I tend to try and find matching plates for each side of the bar, so I dont get any weird weight differences. If I cant find them, then I tend to make do.

But there is one guy who spends 10 minutes going around the entire gym, picking matching plates out.

So he can load the leg press.

You can stick 100kg on one side of it and it wont feel any different, but he has to spend a large proportion of his gym time looking for matching plates.

15. Fet

Fet The FAT Fet lady's singing....

What is it with chicks and giant hoop earrings? We have 2 competitors and 1 non-competitor at my gym, who do the baseball-cap-ponytail -with-4"-hoop-earring look and it drives me batshit.

16. mich56

mich56 Well-Known Member

I once saw a guy on the step machine while holding his Timmy coffee...and it was spilling everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tanners

Tanners back in the game

The other day there was a girl on the stair mill with a full camping back pack... tent and all. :huh:

18. jcg

jcg on a slippery slope

That makes some sense if she was training for backpacking.

19. Karoliina

Karoliina Member

2 days ago i saw a girl reading a magazine while doing oblique crunches on the ab crunch machine. http://www.net2fitness.com/ab_trainer_abdominal_trainer_rocker.htm
    oh and i always see people using the bosu ball to do everything, people do rope press downs, bicep curls, squats... but they say it works your core right?
    all the trainers at my gym always add the bosu ball to everyones program.

20. Ecala

Ecala Banned

I think those bosu balls are kind of silly.. aren't they? :uhuh: