What can I replace

Discussion in 'Training' started by Kristina, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Kristina

Kristina Member

For the Squat and lundge...?
    My knees hurt....I am really watching my form but my knees still bother me..Anything I can do instead
    of the full squat and lundge..?

Thanks for the help
    K

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Erik's often given me the reverse lunge option, that doesnt hurt my quirky knee.

3. Kristina

Kristina Member

Thanks! That one hurts as well..Did squats yesterday and it totally flares up my knees :( :(
    Hurts to walk up and down stairs and not the sore from lifting the pain from something not right..Went to the Dr..He said welcome to 40!!! :bitch:

Just need ideas on how to work the weakest part of my body!

4. epona

epona Member

maybe try some yoga to help strengthen the knees so maybe you can do squats again?

5. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

was that reg doc or ART/sports med doc?

6. Kristina

Kristina Member

Totally!! Sice the relocation to Vegas Have been going 2-3 times a week..Love it

Reg..Well..Orthopedic doc....Just gets me bummed out :( I know those are imnportant exercises..Maybe leg extensions, lying leg curls, RDL, Leg press..That one dosn't seem to bug them as much...

7. Sandy

Sandy Well-Known Member

:console:

I had knee issues (related to postural issues, tight IT band, etc) in the fall and had to take a break from any quad dominant exercises for a while. I continued with the hamstring dominant exercises.

I would recommend an assessment of your knee problems by an ART chiro if that is an option.

8. Erik

Erik Admin

What Sandy said.

I would also definitely find a chiro that does manual soft tissue therapy like ART.