Weight gain while bulking?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Elisabeth, May 18, 2014.

1. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

Hi There,

I am just wondering how much weight you have all gained while building/bulking?

2. talies1980

talies1980 New Member

2lbs in 5 weeks. will be bulking for a while :yum:

3. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

Thats not bad at all. I am pretty lean right now and I feel ready for maintenance then obviously building but I'm just curious on the weight gain.

4. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

Check out this thread here: http://www.leanbodiesfitness.com/showthread.php?10187-BULKING

I dieted for far too long for my body (6 months) and I rebounded BAD. I went through a maintenance phase where I gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks, then I gained 15 lbs over the next 5 months during a building phase, so 25 lbs total in 6 months.

5. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

Thanks for the thread I actually saw it after I posted this question, my bad.. :-/ I've been dieting since the end of Dec but I went on vacation last week and ate very well.. lol However, I do feel ready for maintenance now. I'm 5'7 134lbs and I wouldn't want to get any leaner, I feel lean enough.
    Sorry to hear about your rebound and weight gain.. yikes.. I'm hoping I won't gain to much. 10lbs is ok but I would't want to gain any more than that..

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

the few times I did a build i'd gain about 10lbs.

7. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

I have been building for about 4 months. I have gained around 3 pounds, but my weight fluctuates. That number may be lower depending on the day. It's definitely not without context tho. I look better/leaner than when I started 3 pounds lighter. My pictures are better and my measurements are better :)

8. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

Awesome, good to know. I'm would be happy with that!!! :happy05:

9. Maggieb14

Maggieb14 Member

Hi Elisabeth,

I bulked for 6 months and gained 8 pounds. I actually enjoyed the process ~ not only did I look leaner (despite the gain), but I was able to eat endlessly ~ lol

10. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

AWESOME! So looking forward to the bulking now :) eeeekkk... exciting!!!!! I want muscle definition.. :clap::weightlift2:

11. Emma

Emma Member

Elisabeth looks like we are at about the same place, I am the same height and weight as you and at my next Bi-Weekly I'll be asking my coach to but me on a building program too, I'm a little nervous about the weight gain but I am looking forward to trying something I haven't done before.

12. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

Thats great to hear. I wasn't sure if I was lean enough or if I should lean out more but I don't feel like I need to lean out any more, I'm ready. Although, I'm a little worried about gaining too. I've worked hard to lose weight... eeeeekkkk.. BUT, I want muscles lol so I'm ready! I know I can lean out again with no issues. :dumbbells:

13. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

Yup. The food is the best part.

14. csworen

I try to focus on my pictures...I know I'm training for a look not a number...I the the scale, no lie...get an app you can do side by side pictures. It helps keep things in perspective :)

15. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

Good call on the app. I'll have a look for one.

16. Emma

Emma Member

Diptic is a good app, I use it to do comparisons and it's good for making collages of your family or holiday pics too.

On leanness, I know I could go further, but I've been dieting on and off since July last year (I did take a break at maintenance for 3 months between December and March) and frankly I am over it. I just don't think I've got the muscle I thought I did and I've never trained while eating to support it so I'm looking forward to it, especially as we are going into winter here, I could use the extra food.

17. csworen

That should say I HATE the scale. Stupid autocorrect on my phone. Hahaha. I use piccollage and framatic...I downloaded a few free ones. They definitely help me stay in check!

18. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

awesome, thanks :wink:

19. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

Well, I've been bulking since June 18th and Ive gained 3lbs as of this morning lol.. I feel great and I still feel lean but I do see that I am not as lean as I was though.. BUT I can't wait to lean out again and see the little bit of muscle I did gain :)

20. Emma

Emma Member

I've just finished my 8th week and I'm up about 3kg, here's hoping some of that is muscle, I'll probably pull the pin at 10 weeks and start cutting.