Vitamix

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by pavermama, Jan 31, 2011.

1. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

Speaking of the smoothies in the mall, a lot of places like that do use the vitamix because it is such a good blender to use. I know Smoothie King uses the vitamix and the warranty is awesome too!

2. Crystal

Crystal Member

i got a vitamix for christmas!! does anyone have a fave recipe they would like to share, i was looking for a good healthy greens protein-smoothie without using fruit?

3. kirstny

kirstny Well-Known Member

I LOVE my broccoli protein shakes! I use a scoop of vanilla pp, sometimes almond milk, vanilla stevia, and a bunch of frozen broccoli. Sounds weird, but SO yummy!
    If I want some fat, I add: 1/4 or 1/2 avocado and/or coconut manna. Drool.

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Protein ice cream!

water to first or second line of the bottom of the blender
    Ice to 3/4 the pitcher
    xanthum gum start with about 1/4 tsp but 1/2
    protein powder (choc pb for me)
    some WF choc dip (opt) or Choc stevia drops

**you can always throw some frozen spinach in there too. Wont affect the taste at all.

blend!!

I have to run it a few times and move the ice around 'cause it can get 'stuck' (mine is older/rebuilt Blendtec) but comes out THICK, Creamy and totally soft serve spoonable, instantly! :yum:

*you will definitely get a full tummy!

5. Crystal

Crystal Member

wow thanks a bunch guys really appreciate u posting that for me :)

6. Crystal

Crystal Member

i am still on the waiting list so should i be cautious about using the xanthum gum b/c of the carb count ?

7. Inatic

no. its all fiber(though E says fiber counts for half) your fine ;)

8. phippengr8

phippengr8 Member

Im with you..:lol:

9. phippengr8

phippengr8 Member

I Need a sugar daddy! I would love a vitamix.. I just bought a ninja pulse. It's ok for smoothies..Still haven't gotten the ice cream right though. Need to play with it some more.

10. Crystal

Crystal Member

hey thanks ill have to go by kroger this weekend and get some xanthum gum :) when it comes to using bananas what do you guys do with the extra banana after weighing it i mean with the leftovers just toss it in the fridge or save it i just dont like em when they start turning brown..LOL

11. Inatic

freeze them and use them in shakes, banana bread etc.

12. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Freeze them

13. Crystal

Crystal Member

yeah i will just have to start freezing what i dont use, i hate wasting food, but dont like my bananas to much when the outside starts getting really brown and spotty...LOL do u guys think its a good idea to peel and weigh what i have and freeze that way i know ill know the exact grams im eating at breakfast, or is it ok to weigh / use after its frozen ?

14. Crystal

Crystal Member

just curious do u guys use the xanthum gum post workout in your protein shake?

15. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

I hope weighing after is fine, because that's how I've always done it.

I use it in my pwo shake every time :)