Tuna Pancakes

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by tsunamii, Jun 15, 2006.

1. tsunamii

tsunamii needs to get laid.

Ok, I don't really like tuna, so I had to find some way to prepare it so it's choke-down-able for me. These are AMAZING and I'm eating them twice a day now.

1 - 6 oz can or 7 oz pouch of solid white albacore tuna
    1/2 cup low fat or ff cottage cheese
    1 whole egg (or 1/4 cup egg whites if you prefer)
    lemon-pepper seasoning to taste
    chopped green onions to taste

mix all ingredients into a bowl. heat a skillet or griddle and spray w/non-stick cooking spray. spoon mixture onto pan as you would for pancakes. cook over medium heat until browned on one side and flip.

this reciped makes two pancakes- which I eat as one serving.
    they're also yummy with spicy mustard on top

2. Jypsie

Jypsie Well-Known Member

What kind of syrup do you use?

I'm kidding. These sound good, a bit like crab cakes. I'll have to try them. I'm not a tuna fan either and any way to make it easier to eat sounds great to me :)

3. tsunamii

Hahahaha! Yeah, trust me, these are awesome... I'm so happy, too because I'm a vegetarian (but I eat fish) and can't just make chicken breasts.

Let me know how you like them!

4. JivaGirl

JivaGirl Well-Known Member

These sound good! I'm going to try them tonight and maybe put a little cheese and salsa on top.

5. rachel.

rachel. EP Boardoholic

i was thinking of makin em for lunch with a nice salad on the side... or perhaps some brown rice and steamed broccoli mmmmm

6. tsunamii

TRUST ME. SO. GOOD.

Let me know whatcha think!

7. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I've made these b/f and they were really good. I also added garlic powder to mines. :drool:

8. homeschoolmom

homeschoolmom Well-Known Member

I wonder what they would taste like with old bay seasoning...Might have to try this tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe!! :)

9. nikegurl

nikegurl Mindi O'Brien in my avi. :)

has anyone made them in advance and then reheated?

i'm wondering if the fishy smell is strong when you warm them up b/c i know the whiny babies in my office will start complaining. :baby:

10. fitmommy

fitmommy undie avi?...I think not.

Then your not a vegetarian..Grrr Arghhh :curse: You can't even say it.

but the tuna cakes sound great. :)

11. tsunamii

Then your not a vegetarian..Grrr Arghhh :curse: You can't even say it.

but the tuna cakes sound great. :) [/b][/quote]
    ok, i'm tired of this.

if i say i'm a pescatarian, i get people asking me WTF that is. sorry if that pisses you off, but i didn't ask you.

12. tsunamii

I actually had one of the worst "whiny babies" in MY office ask me for the recipe b/c it smelled good! The fishy smell is tempered by the other ingredients. No complaints in my workplace yet ;)

13. nikegurl

nikegurl Mindi O'Brien in my avi. :)

cool! thanks for posting. i'm gonna give it a shot.

14. JivaGirl

JivaGirl Well-Known Member

These are the best things ever!!! I think I officially love tuna now! I ate the first one while the other one was still cooking. I put green onions, cumin, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper in, then topped w/ tomato slices and chedder. SO GOOD!! Thanks!

15. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

I've made those before. Quite yummy

16. homeschoolmom

I'm sure just about everyone has this basic recipe but today I was experimenting with different PP for DH's protein bars. We've been using this recipe for quite a while, but honestly I was trying to think of a way to get rid of the PVL Butter Cream Toffee(ick). So this is what I came up with:

3 scoops butter cream toffee
    3 scoops vanilla PP
    1 cup powdered milk
    1 cup oats
    5 TBS natty PB
    1 tsp vanilla
    water- enough to make it stick together without being sticky

DH and I :love: this PP combination. I'm usually a chocolate/PB all the way kinda gal, but this totally reminded me of cookie dough. I completely blew my PSMF for these bars and they were worth every bite!

Anyone else got any favorite combinations for these bars?

17. Cathou

Cathou Well-Known Member

Sound so yummy, I love to cook!

Do you have macros for this recipe??

18. homeschoolmom

Macros vary for the PP but this is what I got for totals for the entire recipe:

1640 cal
    207g pro
    117g carb
    57g fat

I was kinda tired last night and noticed that I didn't put any directions down for anyone who wasn't familiar with this recipe. Sorry! :oops:

Mix all dry ingredients together. Add PB and vanilla until fairly evenly dispersed throughout. Slowly add water until mixture is holding together. I can't emphasize enough adding the water very slowly. If you add too much water it becomes a sticky mess. If you have a KitchenAid mixer, this is the time to use it because this a very tough mixture to stir by hand. Press mixture into a small bar pan(Pampered chef has a great one) or an 8x8 pan. Chill in fridge for a few hours or overnight. Cut into individual servings(we use a pizza cutter for this) and store in fridge.

DH is going to make a batch with Cookies and Cream PVL later. I'll let you know how they come out. :)

19. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I made these for lunch yesterday, very good! Thanks for sharing this!
    :)

20. futureNICUnurse

futureNICUnurse Member

Sounds awesome! I'm going to try them tomorrow! Big bonus is that my daughter absolutely LOVES tuna, so I'm sure she'll like them too. :D Thank you!

• Like Like x 1