Training while on Maintenance

Discussion in 'Training' started by KristenK, Jul 21, 2015.

1. KristenK

KristenK New Member

Hey guys!
    I worked with Ileen up until about 5-6 months ago, and have continued the last training program she gave me, but I'm looking to switch it up :cool: I brought my calories up to maintenance for the past 8 weeks or so and have been feeling awesome, so i plan to stay here for a while longer to give my body a break.
    I'm planning to go back to one of my previous training programs she had given me, but I'm wondering if I need to change up the sets/reps since I'm now maintaining, instead of dieting, as I was the last time i was following this training program.
    There are so many random fitness posts out there about rep ranges and such, and I'm a little nervous to break out of the training program i'm following now, since I'm 'on my own'…so i wanted to see what advice was on here.
    Everything in this new/old program is 3-5 sets, and rep range is between 10-12/12-15/and a few sets of 25 on various movements for my first leg day…second leg day reps are lower, 6-8/8-10/10-12 for various movements…similar ranges for upper body days.

Should I make any adjustments or leave it as it is?
    I hope all of that makes sense? LOL :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks!

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KristenK

KristenK New Member

Ok thanks! :) I'll keep it as it is!