Thoughts for Thursday

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Cass, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Cass

Cass Well-Known Member

Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.
    Fitzhugh Dodson

Life's up and downs provide windows of opportunity to determine your values and goals. Think of using all obstacles as stepping stones to build the life you want.
    Marsha Sinetar

Goals are dreams with deadlines.
    Diana Scharf Hunt

You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures.
    Charles C. Noble

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
    Sydney Smith

Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind.
    Seneca

If you're bored with life -- you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things -- you don't have enough goals.
    Lou Holtz

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
    Henry David Thoreau

Goals are not only absolutely necesary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us alive.
    Robert H. Schuller

If you have a goal in life that takes a lot of energy, that requires a lot of work, that incurs a great deal of interest and that is a challenge to you, you will always look forward to waking up to see what the new day brings.
    Susan Polis Schultz

You have to set goals that are almost out of reach. If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought, you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential.
    Steve Garvey

Choosing a goal and sticking to it changes everything.
    Scott Reed

Progress has little to do with speed, but much to do with direction.
    Author Unknown

To acheive happiness, we should make certain that we are never without an important goal.
    Earl Nightingale

You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals.
    Booker T. Washington

I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it.
    Gale Sayers

Be sure to take the most direct route to your dreams. Never take your eyes off your goal, or you will loose course. Never look back in sorrow, or you will trip.
    submitted by Joe Brown

Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible for your life.
    Les Brown

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
    Zig Ziglar

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lynny

Lynny I like me.

Thank you for that :)

3. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

Just what I need today. :)

4. Angie

Angie Starting over

Thanks Cass for this... I spent most of my evening last night making goals. I'm going to print this out...

Thanks again!

5. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Thanks again for your showing us your uplifting attitude. :)

6. Jypsie

Jypsie Well-Known Member

Thank you Cass. I think I will borrow this one for my siggy "What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. "
    Zig Ziglar

7. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks for those! :love:
    need to save and print off when my printer works!

8. jurate00

jurate00 Well-Known Member

Just came across these today - love it . Thanks Cass ! :)

9. JJ29

JJ29 BBB member

Those are great!

Although, I just realized I don't really know what my goals are right now....gotta get cracking on that..:scratch:

10. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

Awesome!

11. Brandi

Brandi old school

LOVE it!! :thumb:

12. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Thank you Cass, mi lovely! I really needed that today. Some excellent thoughts & quotes!

13. sparkygirl

sparkygirl Well-Known Member

14. Sarawithanh

Sarawithanh Banned

yay :love:

15. thefuture

thefuture Member

I really needed to read those today.

How do you get the smiley after the typed text?