The perfume diet

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by Espi, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Miss Lily

Miss Lily Member

MMMM....patchouli....spicy is good....think I might like this one

2. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

You will not really know from the notes alone: sometimes things look great on paper and then you dislike it when you put it on.. the reverse can be true as well: I thought the one I am wearing again for today (Eau de Gloire) would not be my cup of tea, and while it isn't I love how it smells because of the connotations (sp?)

Fortunately buying samples is a rather straightforward matter.. the bottles aren't crazy expensive (for a niche fragrance) but still a big chunk of money when you find out to not like it after wearing it a couple of times!

3. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

On to the fragrances: 2nd one of this house Les Parfums de Rosine , a French firm that focuses entirely on roses. The interesting part is that this house started in 1912 or so and produced a great many fragrances until the 1930s but then stopped (bankruptcy) .. only to be resurrected in the early 1990s!
    From them I bought a sample pack of 15 fragrances

It is almost a pity to forcefully detach with a scissor the vials from the pretty cards to which they are attached but I don't know how else to do it.
    [​IMG]

For today: Roseberry from 1997 (2nd after the 'first' release "La rose de rosine" in 1991.

[​IMG]

notes: iris Black Currant Turkish Rose Red Berries
    votes
    Turkish Rose18
    iris11
    Red Berries11
    Black Currant10

just one review then from a respected reviewer

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012