The perfume diet

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by Espi, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

Burberry didn't appeal to me at all.. but it's a very popular line.. maybe I should be sniffing more of them!

On to the next one of the Tauer line : two days ago it was Lonestar Memories.. what a name!
    [​IMG]
    woody chypre: balmy - woody - smoky - earthy - green

top : green geranium , carrot seed, sage

heart : smoky leather, cistus , jasmine

base: myrrh, tonka, vetiver, sandalwood

votes

Incense10
    Vetiver8
    Carrot Seeds5
    Geranium3
    Jasmine2
    Myrrh2
    Clary Sage2
    Sandalwood1
    Tonka Bean1

This is most certainly not a fragrance you'd be wearing casually ;). But one that makes me almost homesick for storytelling & chanting around a campfire. Perfect for guys and girls who are or have been scouts and long for the past or just can't wait till next time!
    While an avid camper I've never done the 'campfire spiel' as my camping was mostly done guerilla style .. but I did have some group camps and lovingly remember those too! Just not the smell of campfire : that mostly was too strong for my nose, yet smelling it makes me nostalgic. Just like when wearing Lonestar Memories!

Reviews

Funny how the next one talks about Dutch licorice..gotta love that one (am a licoric-aholic like most Dutchies)

More on : http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Tauer-Perfumes/03-Lonestar-Memories-4575.html

And here: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125996.html

Next one! 04 Rêverie au Jardin

[​IMG]

aromatic fougère : fresh spicy - woody - balmy - floral - herbal

top: lavender green galbanum bergamot

heart: frankincense orrisroot rose

base: sandalwood cedar wood vanilla ambergris

votes

Lavender14
    Balsam Fir14
    Orris Root7
    Incense4
    Vanilla3
    Galbanum2
    Bergamot2
    Cedar1
    Oakmoss1
    Vetiver1
    resins1

Less intrigueing than the others before but... the first one that made me feel comfortable wearing it.. all the others were either interesting or very nice, esp the 2nd one L'Air du Desert Marocain but too masculin for me.. turns out I enjoy wearing lavender it's also in some of the classic 'best of' that I enjoyed, like Jicky.

It is a piny , slightly incensy lavender to me..

Maybe just because it is not as interesting , this is one that got less following.. ? It surprised me how negative a lot of reviews were.. almost like "ooops, am I not supposed to like this.. shouldn't I 'follow the herd'?"

At least some people agree.. seems like girls like them better than the boys (the negative ones were mostly on the male-dominated Basenotes.
    on Fragrantica: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Tauer-Perfumes/04-Reverie-au-Jardin-4576.html
    versus
    a bit milder
    Read more here: http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/fragrance/26128212

2. Espi

In the past 3 weeks I've tested nearly all Tauer fragrances. Since I've not been as impressed as many others, or rather: they are too heavy for my newbie nose to appreciate their quality, I'll not burden you with my opinions. There were a few I enjoyed but in the end, none of them would be on my must-buy list except to recommend them to men (some are very nice masculin scents). The very last one, Zeta was nice and reminiscent of Poême

I'm now testing another new house, which turns out to be not as new as I thought: Juliette has a gun!
    Instead of being brand new, it's the brain child of Romano Ricci, the grandson of Nina Ricci, who's famous for the 'perennial' L'Air du Temps. Until finding out it's a French brand, I was 100% convinced it's an American brand, esp. with all the chosen names, Citizen Queen , Calamity Jane etc.

For 3 days in a row I've worn the first one, which was released in 2005: Lady vengeance.

[​IMG]
    chypre floral : rose - patchouli - woody - floral - vanilla

votes
    Rose124
    Patchouli90
    Vanilla52

Hmm Kurkdjian is a nose that has my attention as he created my beloved Elisabeth Arden Green Tea!

Their own description:
    Despite the threatening name , this is a perfectly lovable fragrance.. normally me & patchouli don't get along well, but I like this one just fine.. the rose is dominant enough to not be burdened by the heavy-hands-patchouli.

a few reviews

2 opposing reviews re the name

3. Espi

Two days ago no. 2 in the series by Juliette has a gun was sampled, Miss Charming.
    The bottle looks as cute as the name and of course.. smells as cute too! Nothing threatening here.. IMO.
    [​IMG]
    floral fruity: fruity - rose - tropical - sweet - floral
    votes
    Moroccan Rose56
    Litchi53
    Wild Strawberry49

Cuteness overload.. and alas, very little sillage or longevity. NOT impressed.

3rd one in the series was much more up to my alley : Citizen Queen.

[​IMG]

floral woody musk: amber - woody - animalic - powdery - floral

votes

Iris74
    Rose70
    Leather67
    Amber49
    French labdanum48
    Immortelle28

It's said to have animalic notes or be leathery, but I get mostly the iris, which is a note I quite enjoy. If it's the first one that Romano Ricci created himself, not a bad one at all!

To counter the over-the-top reviews, a hilariously negative one.

4. Espi

Hot damn.. lost the entry!
    Copy/paste from other site

On to the fragrances.. had 2 really nice ones in a row. First one another patchouli, called Calamity J.
    [​IMG]
    amber - powdery - woody - patchouli - musky
    votes
    amber51
    Patchouli46
    Iris39
    Musk36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fragrantica
    Romano Ricci presents Calamity J., the fifth fragrance of Juliette Has a Gun collection, which arrives on the market in November 2009. Calamity J. (Calamity Jane or Calamity Juliette) is a more masculine fragrance dedicated to women and it reflects their strong role in the society with strong musky notes. Romano Ricci did not want fruity or floral notes in this edition, but he focused on a woody-amber composition which reminds of dandy fragrances.
    Calamity J. differs from the first three fragrances of the collection which are based on rose. As balance to feminine editions and spicy Midnight Oud, the new J is presented in a completely different way. The perfume incorporates such notes as patchouli, iris, amber and a strong tact of musk in a base. Its flacon is darker and painted with characteristic rose with thorn and leaves in pale nuances. The fragrance will be available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JHAG
    A frragrance without flowers nor fruits. A masculine fragrance exclusively dedicated to women. There is something of the dandy about this perfume, bodied yet sensual. To be tested on the skin only. Main ingredients: patchouli, iris, amber, musk

Liked the patchouli in this one, probably because the scent is more about amber, really mild and never gets loud. Weird how you could be sure there's wood in it and yet there isn't.
    As someone already stated.. this is really a very nice in-between brand: too many peculiarities to be mainstream but accessible enough to be not so niche /elitist. Like a good 'entry-level-niche house'.

Quote:
    With the cooler weather descending upon us, I've been anxious to compare some of the amber perfumes in my queue, and Juliette Has a Gun CALAMITY JANE is a nice one! This relatively simple blend primarily features patchouli and amber to my nose—I don't really detect the iris distinctly—but what a lovely blend it is! Smooth and golden and resinous and seductive...

This composition is not all that original—I have sniffed a couple of other niche perfumes inhabiting the same neighborhood—but I guess that just goes to show that high-quality patchouli and amber notes marry well! It seems to me that when a simple yet compelling combination is meant to be, then multiple perfumers are bound to come up with it eventually.

I would love to have a bottle of CALAMITY JANE... This perfume has good longevity and perfect wintertime sillage: warms up on the skin to waft up the neck of a snuggly sweater. Definitely unisex.
    Quote:
    Before I tested this, I was expecting hate it. It's rare for me to like a fragrance dominated by a patchouli note.

So...I was shocked when I found I actually love this perfume.

The patchouli here is earthy, spicy and sweet, but not dirty or harsh and it blends so well with the other notes that it contributes a vital part to a beautiful scent.

Also, I've never been a fan of overly musky scents, but the balance here is so well done that it's very pleasant.

It's strange, because this is a fruit-free fragrance, but on my skin the dry down smells the way a fruit cake smells when it has just come out of the oven...a deep dark sensual earthy spiciness.

The sillage is pretty impressive too, and when I wore it I got a few compliments, so overall it's a scent I'd recommend.
    Next one up was another surprise as I approached it with apprehension and thought to dislike it... whoah, was I ever wrong. While I was thinking that testing Tauer's strrrrronngggg fragrances so early was a mistake, I now start to think it's a blessing in disguise as it warmed me up for other slightly stronger fragrances.

Midnight Oud contains the famous Arabic oud, a component that's far from mainstream but making inroads rapidly. It could very well become mainstream rapidly, despite the overbearingness of it.
    [​IMG]

oriental : rose - oud - warm spicy - woody - floral
    votes
    Agarwood (Oud)74
    Rose65
    Saffron61
    Patchouli38
    Musk35
    amber22
    Geranium17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fragrantica
    A new beauty, named Midnight Oud from Romano Ricci's niche line Juliette Has A Gun has just arrived on the market. Designer's ambition for launching this fragrance is to introduce a combination of rock and elegance, creating this romantic and original concept this way, which accompanies the whole collection and creates an image of modern and fragrant rebel.

As for the collection, apart from this fragrance, we can expect just one more edition, since it was planned that Juliette Has A Gun series would encompass 5 perfumes. The new fragrance Midnight Oud was inspired by oriental notes, including accords of Moroccan rose, oud, amber, several sorts of musk, saffron, geranium and patchouli oil. Rose is definitely a common symbol of the whole niche line and this time it is combined with special, mystical Oud tact in a wonderful way.

Midnight Oud arrives in a metallic flacon with engraved name and ornaments. Outer carton has cylindrical shape, just like previous editions, and is dressed in dark velvet with a satin ribbon as a feminine detail. The fragrance is available exclusively at Colette.fr in amount of 100 ml EDP. Midnight Oud was launched in 2009.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JHAG
    The particularity of this scent is its unique belend of luxurious amber and invigorating patchouli built around the complexity and deepness of oud. Probably one of the few international brands composing around this cahrismatic ingredient. Another example of Juliette has a Gun's experimental quest. Ingredients: oud, safran, musk, amber, sandalwood.

I'd not expected to enjoy this one so much, esp. when the opening reminded me so much of Bvlgari black with the rubber smell, but then slowly it grabs you! It's hard to say what makes it so enjoyable as oud isn't exactly a smell you'd love right away. Maybe the cozyness of it? Dunno, just want to relax. It does give contrasting stories/reviews as it evoked a lot of memories in people.
    Weird part: it has no rose, yet lots of people insist it has a rose scent.

Quote:
    What Thelma would buy for her sweet Louise:

Scent notes say Moroccan rose, geranium, saffron, oud note, patchouli, sandalwood, amber, and animalic musks.

I say it smells like the leather car seats of a teal ’66 Thunderbird convertible, writing your own rules, and the thrill of the open road. Pistol-packing lipstick-lesbian femme power.
    Quote:
    Speachless ^^. Midnight Oud is just beautiful, enchanting and.. you know, serious. It smells like I expected- distinctive thanks to precious ingredient Agarwood. There's still feeling to it that it's Juliette Has a Gun brand later when top notes settled a bit (I tried Citizen Queen). And later it becomes very sexy, I also love geranium note that perfectly fits here. Something also sweetens a little bit the woods and makes scent a lot deeper.
    But let's talk about the very top. Top lasts a long time and provokes not only memories but it made me think a lot about my grandparents with 2 more 'grand' at the beginning.
    My grandparents from dad's side come from village. They had a wooden house and heat it with firewood. They also had a garden and few cows I think, also bees ^^
    When my dad grew up he loved to spend time in village house of his grandmother. When I grew up I loved to visit remnants of this house too (it was deserted ten years before USSR fell). You could find some stuff there (such as color pencils, fork, a white cloak to be able to deal with bees, also bee houses ). Imagine the smell inside the house- humidity touched wood that absorbed various smells from a stove and finally dried in many hot sunny days in a row. That's what I love about this perfume. I evokes these memories. I think now that house isn't standing there and it's a pity, because this place has it's charm and that's the place you'd return to think about life again and again.
    Whew.. to my wish list.
    Packaging is very gorgeous, especially velvet box and it's color.
    Quote:
    My initial reaction upon applying MIDNIGHT OUD was, "Uh-oh, Juliette really does have a gun!" But then something magical transpired. Juliette placed the gun back in her dark purple leather clutch purse and no one knew for the rest of the night that she was a spy, so well camouflaged was she in velvety wafts of a beautiful dark rose perfume.

MIDNIGHT OUD is a drop-dead gorgeous oriental-floral blend, deftly displaying the rose in all its beauty through embellishing it with amber, saffron, and a just a touch of patchouli. And of course the oud, which in this composition is not tarry or rubbery or off-putting at all, although at the outset, before it smoothed out, I thought it might actually be leather!

The longevity of MIDNIGHT OUD is good on my skin, and the sillage fairly big. This is one of the nicest rose perfumes I've ever smelled, and I'd definitely like to smell it again...

5. Espi

Not much news to report re training.. still large discrepancy in strength between left & right. So came in to report on what I've been testing.. the remainder of Juliette has a gun.
    First one is not a fragrance per se but a single component, called ambroxan that has become more popular as a base or addition to add warmth. The best known fragrance containing it, is Light Blue by D&G which has been around for years. With ambroxan as the single component it is aptly named 'Not a perfume

[​IMG]
    heart: ambroxan

Surprisingly, this non-fragrance smells stronger than some of the no-longevity fragrances I've tried.
    I've been give the recipe on how to create this one.. there are sites where you can buy ambroxan flakes for little money. The only thing to be done next is to add ethanol (or a more modern mixture as few fragrances consist of just ethanol) and pour into an empty perfume bottle and presto!

Next one up was Romantina
    [​IMG]
    chypre floral: floral - white floral - earthy - woody - green
    top: Jasmine Orange Blossom Lily-of-the-Valley
    heart: Osmanthus iris Rose
    base: Vetiver Musk Patchouli Vanilla

votes
    Vetiver18
    Orange Blossom17
    Jasmine15
    Rose12
    Osmanthus11
    Lily-of-the-Valley11
    Vanilla8
    iris6
    Musk6
    Patchouli5

Very weird experience.. upon trying and smelling it the first time, the vetiver was quite prominent. Then later, at the 2nd and 3rd application, which had to happen fairly soon because of very short longevity, got nothing whatsoever! Not-a-perfume had been like 10x stronger.

Then after practically emptying the vial and letting it dribble over the left arm, there it was, the elusive orange blossom and the musky scent, but .. no more vetiver. Can it be possible to become anosmic to vetiver so rapidly?

Final one was a different affair.. like the name implies a stronger version of Lady Vengeance: Vengeance Extrême
    [​IMG]
    chypre floral: patchouli - rose - woody - earthy - vanilla
    notes: Patchouli Vanille rose
    votes
    Patchouli28
    rose20
    Vanille11

Like this one and there I was thinking to dislike patchouli, but apparently rose & patchouli 'marry' well.
    But someone else was negative

6. Espi

For a few days I've been re-testing Juliette has a gun and was going to start on a different house. Now I also have their release years (thanks to another fragrance forum) nothing could stop me... except when I was clearing out my desk where all the JHAG samples were lying in their little cute envelopes.. I checked all of them once again and noticed one only had a small bottom left while the rest was near-full. Obviously it must have a crack somewhere and I'd noticed the desk area had been smelling of Midnight Oud for a while, so took the plunge and emptied all of the vial on the left wrist and lower arm.

Still.. curiosity got the best of me and now the right wrist is smelling delightfully of Ambre Russe
    [​IMG]
    oriental spicy: sweet - warm spicy - woody - rum - amber
    notes: Vodka Rum Incense Coriander Cinnamon Vanilla Tea
    votes
    Rum68
    Amber51
    Vodka31
    Incense30
    Honey23
    Tea23
    Cinnamon22
    Vanilla16
    Leather15
    Coriander12

There's more here . Unfortunately their site protects copying so I can't just copy-paste and had to re-type it..

Warm sweet start and then quickly goes towards the incense part. I'm very much impressed! The fragrance is strong but not cloyingly so.. the word that comes up is well-behaved.

LOL, it seems like that I've really started to change my ways of thinking in what is strong and what is not
    Apparently this is the first fragrance of Parfum d'Empire.. if this sets the tone, then I'm going to have a ball! A-ma-zing! While the full bottles cost a fortune, the samples are extremely affordable !

7. Espi

Now testing a 2003 release , called Eau de Gloire.
    While the fragrance itself isn't one I'm going to wear myself, I somehow did fall in love with it, as it made me feel home-sick for an island I've never been.. it is all about how Corsica smells like with a combination of the citrus groves and the famous maquis. It feels like I'm cycling over this island and inhaling the unique scent of Corsica.

All these creations by Parfums d'Empire tell a story and a very evocative one too..plus they are beautifully made.
    Because of that story I've taken the trouble to type up entirely what the PdE website tells about them.

Eau de Gloire
    [​IMG]
    spicy: soft spicy - fres spicy - citrus - herbal - floral - woody
    top: Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Lavender Rosemary Neroli
    heart: Tea Star Anise Licorice
    base: Leather Tobacco Olibanum French labdanum Oakmoss
    votes
    Star Anise15
    Lavender12
    Leather10
    Tobacco10
    Oakmoss9
    Bergamot9
    Licorice8
    Olibanum7
    Amalfi Lemon7
    Tea6
    Rosemary5
    Neroli1
    French labdanum1
    The story as told by PdE
    [​IMG]
    Sometimes you'd wish your guy was more into fragrances as once again, I'd love to smell it on him, not on myself!

[​IMG]
    For completeness sake, here's the entire story about Ambre Russe

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  8. Espi

Next one: Eau Suave
    [​IMG]

chypre fruity: warm spicy - rose -fruity - sweet - musky
    top: Coriander Saffron Rose
    heart: Peach Raspberry Red Berries
    base: Vanilla Musk
    votes
    Rose25
    Saffron21
    Musk16
    Coriander14
    Raspberry13
    Red Berries10
    Vanilla7
    Peach7

Enjoyed it. While not as impressive as the Eau de Gloire, which while not as feminine as this fruity-floral, the Eau Suave is a very good women's scent.

9. Espi

Next one: Cuir Ottoman
    [​IMG]
    oriental floral: balmy - woody - powdery - leather - animalic - warm spicy
    top: iris Egyptian Jasmine
    heart: Leather Incense
    base: Tolu Balsam Benzoin
    votes
    Leather72
    Tolu Balsam48
    iris47
    Benzoin31
    Incense24
    Egyptian Jasmine10
    Opening wasn't my cup-of-tea but after a few hours it became a pleasant amber-vanilla scent.

and as a contrast

10. Espi

Now one that made me very happy wearing it!
    Iskander
    [​IMG]
    woody chypre: citrus - woody - mossy - fresh spicy - herbal - white floral
    top: Mandarin Orange Virginia cedar Grapefruit Amalfi Lemon
    heart: Coriander African Orange flower Tarragon
    base: amber Musk Oakmoss
    votes
    Amalfi Lemon15
    Grapefruit11
    Virginia Cedar7
    Oakmoss5
    Tarragon4
    African Orange flower4
    Mandarin Orange4
    Coriander3
    Amber3
    Musk3

Love it!!! Also containes the unofficially banned oakmoss.. finally a perfumer that is not afraid to use it. Actually by now i'm officially in LOVE with this house.. nearly all of them are impressive and interesting and either likeable or loveable.. there's only a few that I dislike among which the Cuir Ottoman (too much leather).

Well.. I guess that I do like lime then... it is more than lime to me, which may be why I enjoy it so much.
    Basenotes has many more reviews ...

11. Espi

Next up.. a 2007 release
    Equistrius
    [​IMG]
    oriental woody: powdery - woody - floral - cacao - sweet - warm spicy
    notes: iris Sandalwood Amber Dark Chocolate Vetiver
    votes
    iris43
    Dark Chocolate20
    Sandalwood12
    Vetiver9
    Amber5

Well then, just about when you think to be head over heals in love.. reality sinks in.. you can't love them all.. it must be because iris really stands out too much.

Maybe I'm too harsh after having enjoyed smelling iris a lot before but by now it gets too familiar.. many houses have started putting out iris-based fragrances.. can I say to be bored already?

12. Espi

Another 2007 release : Fougère Bengale
    [​IMG]
    aromatic fougere: main spicy - herbal - tobacco - sweet - green
    notes: Ginger Tonka Bean Patchouli Lavender Oakmoss Pepper Mint Tobacco
    votes
    Tobacco23
    Pepper16
    Lavender13
    Mint10
    Patchouli8
    Ginger7
    Tonka Bean1

As always a great description by PdE
    No love for a masculin scent , but it's a well-crafted one.. i've seen references to it containing a curry-like scent and even saw jokes about that one in the A-Z guide "if this is a fougère my Indian restaurant keeper is a florist". Interestingly, when reapplying again , it grew on me and I started enjoying it more...

Extremely mixed reactions... many make references to the curry but there's different takes every time.. like here

Read more on Basenotes

13. Espi

Finishing for now (there's still a backlog of 4 more) with the last 2007 fragrance: Osmanthus Interdite
    [​IMG]
    floral fruity: floral - fruity - green - animalic - leather
    notes: Leather Fruity Notes Musk Osmanthus Green Tea Jasmine Rose
    votes
    Osmanthus33
    Green Tea28
    Leather23
    Jasmine19
    Fruity Notes5
    Musk3
    Rose2
    Probably due to the tea in it, it reminds me of my signature scent, Elisabeth Arden's Green Tea. Longevity is also very short, a no-no for such an expensive fragrance.

and then another one (like me) doesn't smell leather ...
    Reflecting my opinion on the poor longevity.

More on Basenotes

14. LadyV

LadyV Member

Every year I treat myself to this:

http://www.sephora.com/deluxe-fragrance-sampler-for-her-P302400?skuId=1369495

I wear them for a while, then between my husband and myself, we pick one.

The 1st time we did this, he was in Iraq. I sprayed an index card with a fragrance, put it in a Ziploc baggie with the name written on it.

I got a letter in the mail months later that had just 2 words on it. It took me forever to realize what they meant!:

MY INSOLENCE

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1029396+sw.jpg

My last decision was BLV (funny enough, my husband's initials)

http://www.sephora.com/blv-ii-P254300?skuId=1231893

15. Espi

Didn't know Sephora had those options.. they must have 10 different ones each year. Very neat!
    Best part is having this for free when you decide to buy 1 full bottle. Basically you get to sample 10 and then buy 1 full bottle for this price.
    There are Sephora's in our country now too, but I don't think they do this cool thing.. though Sephora apparently offers free sample vials of any fragrance you want, when you ask nicely.

16. Espi

Finally got to the end of 13 samples from Parfum d'Empire and going backwards now at full speed with 3-4 samples a day ;).
    Next one was Aziyadé a 2008 release
    [​IMG]

oriental spicy : warm spicy - fresh spicy - woody - balmy - cinnamon
    top: Orange Kumquat Bitter Orange
    heart: bamboo Mint Lemon Verbena
    base: Neroli Cedar White Musk

votes
    Bitter Orange17
    Mint16
    Lemon Verbena15
    Kumquat11
    Neroli7
    bamboo7
    Orange6
    Cedar4
    White Musk1

Needless to say, this is supposedly PdE's sexiest fragrance. Wore it mostly alone but when I could finally test it on DH.. he approved of it ;)

At first I disliked the smell of it, but it grew on me and over the many hours it lasted started to like it quite a bit.

17. Espi

Next is Yuzu Fou a 2008 release

[​IMG]
    aromatic green: citrus - green - fresh spicy - woody - herbal
    top: Orange Kumquat Bitter Orange
    heart: bamboo Mint Lemon Verbena
    base: Neroli Cedar White Musk
    votes
    Bitter Orange17
    Mint16
    Lemon Verbena15
    Kumquat11
    Neroli7
    bamboo7
    Orange6
    Cedar4
    White Musk1

It is indeed a crazy (fou) fragrance.. but I like it.. apparently I have a fondness of complex citrus fragrances :) But apparently I like the smell of sweat too.. as shows in the next reviews

LOL'd at the flip-flops.

18. Espi

Next up 3 Fleurs , a 2009 release
    [​IMG]
    floral: white floral - tuberose - floral - rose - animalic
    notes: Musk Jasmine Tuberose Galbanum Rose Mint
    votes
    Tuberose28
    Jasmine23
    Rose20
    Galbanum5
    Mint5
    Musk3

For me, 3 Fleurs was too strong. While very pretty, the tuberose especially is overpowering and almost made me scrub it off.. then when you suffer through the first 30 minutes it is not as intense and becomes much prettier.. but a rather linear floral scent. Meh!

19. Espi

Next was Wazamba , released in 2009

[​IMG]

oriental: balmy - woody - smoky - warm spicy - fresh spicy - sweet
    notes: French labdanum Sandalwood Opoponax Incense Myrrh Cypress Resin Red Apple
    votes
    Incense62
    Cypress44
    Resin43
    Myrrh32
    French labdanum22
    Opoponax19
    Sandalwood10
    Red Apple10

This is apparently one of the best loved fragrances from PdE , some compared it to Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles or to Ambre Sultan + pine scent , while it reminds me of Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain.
    Appreciate it quite a bit, but incense is still not my favourite. The sweet apple note makes it easier to wear but puts off others.

It is indeed that outdoor feeling that made me appreciate it most..

20. Espi

Last but not least.. Azemour les Orangers, released in 2011
    [​IMG]

chypre fruity : citrus - fresh spicy - green - floral - herbal
    top: Galbanum Coriander Grapefruit Amalfi Lemon orange Mandarin Orange clementine Pink Pepper Caraway Pepper Cassis
    heart: African Orange flower Neroli Geranium rose Suede
    base: Hay Cypress oak moss
    votes
    orange23
    Mandarin Orange10
    Amalfi Lemon10
    Neroli8
    oak moss8
    clementine7
    Cypress6
    Grapefruit6
    African Orange flower5
    Galbanum5
    Geranium5
    Coriander4
    Hay4
    Pink Pepper3
    rose3
    Caraway2
    Pepper1

Once again, a citrus fragrance, now with a dominant orange note.. and again, a mossy undertone. Would Aromatics Elixir lovers like this one?
    I at least, like it very much.. not sure whic of the 3 (Iskander w lemon, Yuzu Fou w yuzu, Azemour w orange) I like most... probably the Yuzu Fou because it is a less recognizable citrus scent.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012