The New Support/ Compliance/ Challenge Thread - ALL welcome.

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Inatic, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

If you asked for minimum calories, then you asked to be hungry. Have a pickle and some hot tea.

2. IDoYouToo

IDoYouToo Well-Known Member

Me
    My brain
    No good reason

3. IDoYouToo

?????

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

I hope the day got better.

5. Inatic

when calories get really low, you have to expect to be hungry. The bigger the deficit, more likely so.
    pickle is free/tea helps pass a "moment" but ultimately you have to deal with it if that is your choice.

• Like Like x 2
  6. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

Water is so my friend when hunger hits. And I deal with it daily, given I am in prep. I found that, for me, eating anything (even free) or chewing gym, makes me more hungry. Water makes me feel full...and I use those crystal light flavor things if I get sick of plain water :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. IDoYouToo

Is anyone else getting an error at times when they try to post, i get it when i am trying to post from my phone, it tells me that I cannot perform that function for ????? seconds, last night it counted me down each time i tried to post from 27 to 16 to 7 to post then i had posted the same post three times when i tried to delete 2 of them it deleted all of them :(

8. Inatic

Are you posting one post immediately after another. I've had that happen at times as well.
    I've not had them delete all though.....

9. IDoYouToo

Nope i posted and got the error message saying i had to wait to perform this task so i x'd out of the error and went back and waited a minute and clicked on post again, ultimately when the error message stopped coming up i had multiple posts, when i tried to delete one of the double it deleted them both. The error message has had a number of times this past week.

10. Inatic

ok.
    Trying to look into it.

11. csworen

I have not had any problems...until I tried to post this the first time...lol

12. Inatic

13. IDoYouToo

OK ladies i need your help. I am no where near able to put together my meal plan for the weekend AND we are leaving town tomorrow, I have to work until late tonight so i am doing my best..............i am going to try to get my hands on a couple of Quest Bars for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday..........is there one better than the other, all the calories etc etc etc match up for every flavor..........blah blah blah :) you get the idea..............how do i choose wisely?

I am doing just water as of 2 hours ago, really worried about a caffeine withdrawal headache but would love it if it came and went tomorrow, i am going to buy some Crystal Light so my water is interesting for a while.............

Sigh..........................why do i always decide to go gung hoo at thee worst possible time LOL. Back to the way of thinking i talked about in my journal LOL

14. Inatic

There are so many portable options for protein and easy to find subs, even when out of town. The calories in quest bars are pretty much between 180-200 calories.

Do you have time to shop or you are just grabbing and running. While you haven't had much time to plan, you could still get through the weekend on plan (set the mindset NOW along with your commitment to d so ;) ...... just give us a little more info.

15. csworen

Driving or flying somewhere? Bc when I drive, I just throw my stuff in a cooler (chicken, egg whites, veggies, whatever) and bag (oatmeal, protein powder, cream of wheat, etc.)...bring my scale, plates, stevia, cinn, etc.

16. IDoYouToo

Driving to my brother & SIL's, 4 hours away, their place is rough, schedules are at a whim and there is never really plenty of anything in the house to eat, i will get off work today, go home pack the bags in the car and leave town.

Just grabbing and running.

Another question can you help/educate me.
    If i wanted to see how i could make this recipe work on one of my meals how would i do that, i want to know if i made the whole thing how would i figure out how much a serving would be to meet my meal requirements - or does it not work that way? Or would i take my meal plan portions and maybe double or triple or quadruple it, throw it all in and then just portion out 2, 3 or 4?

Thanks in advance.

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 10  Size: about 1 cup  Old Points: 3 pts  Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 203.7 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 10.0 g • Protein: 16.9 g

Ingredients:
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 (15.5 oz) can black beans
    1 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans
    1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
    10 oz package frozen corn kernels
    2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
    1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning or homemade (see below)
    1 tbsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
    4 oz can chopped green chili peppers, chopped
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    Directions:

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomato, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and mix well.

Nestle the chicken in, cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours or on HIGH for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.

17. csworen

I have no idea how to split stuff like that. I am a psychologist who is very very bad in math...lol...but, I always have bulk stuff cooked in my fridge. I seriously just grab all of my stuff and worry about spliting/measuring when I get to my destination. Just don't forget your scale. And, since its your families' home, there is prob a grocery store if you forget something. I find that egg whites...liquid kind, works well too bc you can microwave them easily. Pack a bunch of stuff, grab the scale....and you will be able to stick on plan pretty breezy! Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Inatic

Do you have anything preppred and prepared from this week?

grab dry stuff if you can.
    protein powder if you need it or use it. quest bars
    i like to keep tins of chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon that I can grab and go with.
    bag of almonds for fats
    oats or ricecakes, potatoes are easy to microwave.
    i can not tolerate liquid eggwhites and cant microwave eat eggs either. I hate any meat, unless in a sauce reheated.
    scale!

I dont typicaly make something like that either but if you got with Jen Bower (CWT blogger) she'd be a good one to help you.

19. IDoYouToo

Thanks much appreciate ya.
    How do i get a hold of Jen Bower? It sounds like she is my lady ;)

20. Inatic

see if you ca find her fb profile. Check out the CWT fb page. Maybe you can find a post she liked.