The New Support/ Compliance/ Challenge Thread - ALL welcome.

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Inatic, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Who is this thread for? Everyone and anyone!

What is this thread for?
    Well I think that Cory put it well, so I'm copying/pasting it here:
    So here it is!

• Like Like x 2
  2. IDoYouToo

IDoYouToo Well-Known Member

Yea!!!!
    Look at this place.............B U TIFUL it is!!! ****waving waving waving****

:)

Thanks Ileen for opening this thread i plan to visit often frequently and consistently............ :) yea!!!! ****clapping hands****

3. IDoYouToo

So i am struggling today, i want to go and eat things that will satisfy my worry, i know it's not right but i want too. Had my mammogram yesterday, they called and asked for me to come back as things look suspicious, i am trying terribly hard to not worry about things until i am told i have too but..............i am not doing so well.

Right now i would like a nice tall cold Coke sounds divine.......and honestly.......i just may do it......sigh.

I will check back and report later.

And honestly if i do decide to go that route, i won't see it as failure.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  4. Inatic

Cory the coke isnt going to make you feel better. What you crave are answers that you just dont have. You've done what you could in testing, with more to come. Try and take your mind off things. Those tests are often wrong as was my case at least 3 times.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IDoYouToo

Thanks Ileen I appreciate you.

6. IDoYouToo

Happy Easter everyone.

He is risen..
    He is risen indeed!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Inatic

Happy Easter to all who celebrate.

We are a dual tradition household so we have tradition of Easter and Passover.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IDoYouToo

So i am struggling today...........on a few levels:

1) my stomach is not well yet, i am going to have to take a few days to basically "reset" it and eat nothing but jello, applesauce and chicken broth - I have known this diet all too well since having my gal bladder out and even before, for some reason eating the bland for a few days just gets things back in tune, right now i am struggling with nausea and stomach ache/cramps after eating a meal then i am skipping either the next one or two and then i start all over again :(

2) i am struggling with the relationship aspect of my plan, i keep thinking i need to be perfect before i can report to my coach and that i can't ask for help when i am struggling because then she will be disappointed with me and that won't be good. I know this is totally insanity thinking but i can't help it. I did have a conversation in the shower yesterday morning with God about it (hope i don't offend anyone, sorry if i do), and he said "you know Cory your coach is there to help you you need to let her know when you START struggling not after you have been struggling for so long you are in a true mess, if you reach out at the beginning maybe you won't get so far off and then have to come back................sigh.

I emailed her today, will wait and see what her thoughts are on the whole thing.

9. IDoYouToo

OK i am dying to ask this question.

The log at the bottom tells you how many members, guests and robots are on the boards...........robots??????

10. Inatic

Cory if you are struggling by all means email your coach. That is the only way for her to know that you need help. It's not just biweekly time. Its anytime.

I have no clue what they mean by robots LOL

11. IDoYouToo

Thanks I really appreciate your reassurance.
    The last coach I had - total cookie cutter approach to diet and exercise - let me know if I couldn't get my act together then she wasn't going to waste her time, she had other clients who needed her more than I did.
    I think I am afraid that that is what I will get this time too......makes it hard to make mistakes, live life and learn.

Sigh.......

Thanks though I sure do appreciate you a TON!!!!!!

12. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Heyyyy!!!! I just got up the nerve to come read this thread and I LoVe it!! I was expecting it to be another competition-type situation and my head is not in the right place for that at this time. But hanging out and supporting each other? I'm in!!

Cory, my expectation of the nature of this thread reminds me of your expectation of your coaching relationship. Due to our previous life experiences, we have learned certain things. And now it's time to learn new things! We can DOOOOO this!!

Ileen, your presence here is incredibly valuable. Like, priceless! I have so much respect for the fact that you came to Erik as a client and have been so successful with learning how it all works that you are now coaching. I love that you are over 50 and have learned to maintain a fitness level that many who are much younger would do well to emulate. You seriously motivate me!

Wouldn't it be great if some of the other coaches would come here and contribute? MARK YOUNG, I am looking at you. 0_0

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Inatic

Thank you Fay. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. IDoYouToo

Hey Fay!!!!!!!!!!! This is me waving {{ < > < > < > }} I miss the little action dil-e-o's LOL

I TOTALLY second Fay on Ileen and per presence here, amazing, incredible, valuable, priceless, insightful, compassionate and the list goes on and on and on!!! :) Hugs to you miss Ileen!!!! :)

I agree Fay, i laid in bed last night and did some thinking over my past 20 years (that is a post for my journal some day ;) LOL) and based on all of my past success (even though they didn't stick :rolleyes: ) i do know that i can do it again but for the long haul this time, and if we all come to visit here when we can and support each other we will ALL make it!!!!

GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe :D

WOW that is some look Mark Young LOL

Have a great day everyone and like Fay said - I am Lovin this thread, i love hanging out with my ladies (ummm guys too :) ) and chatting it up, i always feel so much better!!!

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  15. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I'm here. I have 12 1/2 weeks until Jamaica. I would like to lose about 10 lbs. I need to stick to my plan. I'm sucking at it right now.

16. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Where are you going in Jamaica?

17. IDoYouToo

How can we support you right now so you can meet your Jamaica goal? :). We are here for you!!!

18. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I'm going to an all inclusive Iberostar resort. I can't even remember which one. This is our annual SWAT trip. Usually it's in Mexico, but I said I needed to find a place that had more stuff to do because I can only sit around and be drunk for like 1 day. I need activities.

And I'm not quite sure how I can be supported because I apparently am incapable of supporting myself.

19. IDoYouToo

Your trip sounds wonderful, I am very excited for you.

I have every belief that you are capable of supporting yourself, (and i am 100% sure that is true..if you think back over the last say XX amount of years you will see evidence of that, the only person that has ever gotten your your successes has been you.... :) ), sometimes i think we just....forget how, amazingly enough, or we got so bogged down with everything we don't know where to begin....even though it might seem like the simplest or most evident to anyone looking in from the outside (ie my granddaughter is going to be 5 this year, my daughter was 15 when she got pregnant, sometimes my daughter thinks like a teenager versus an adult when it comes to my granddaughter....how....we went to visit them, they live in AZ, and my granddaughters, first grandchild in the family, toy room looked like a bomb went off in it AND she has EVERYTHING, she had EVERYTHING when she was 1 and now that she is 4 she really has EVERYTHING - LOL....i digress, sorry :) anyways my daughter is telling my GD that "she better get this room cleaned up and everything better be put away or......" and I am thinking - "yah and how do you expect a 4 year old to even know where to begin" and that was so true, sometimes we just don't know where to begin and because we don't know that.. everything else seems monumental.

SO that said :) what if you chose one thing to do or set 1 goal for 1 week, whether it's 100% compliance to your plan, hitting the gym, drinking your water, limiting or excluding all BLT's, etc etc, chose something that you know is within your means and that will help you move towards your 10lb weight loss goal, then write it down somewhere where you will see it every morning and every night so you remember what your 1 week goal is, or better yet write it on your bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker (make it fun put smiley faces on it or hearts or something that makes you feel good, the better you feel about it all the more likely you are to be committed to it).

Then it never hurts to visualize yourself at that 10lb weight loss, also visualize yourself living your weekly goal, do this as often as possible but for sure every night before you go to bed, really see yourself doing the thing(s) that you need to to be where you want to be - they say if you can see it you can achieve it :)

After you meet your first weeks goal then set another goal for the next week and so on and before you know it you will be getting ready for your trip and life will be good.

I think it's also important to be kind to yourself during these 12 weeks, if you hit a bump in the road, that's ok, recover and move on.....be kind to yourself in your self talk.

And most importantly keep checking in here, you may want to share your 1st weeks goal so we can support you in it, holler if you are feeling weak or slipping.........we are here for you :)

Well those are my thoughts............hmmm more like War & Peace LOL

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

^^^I like what you have to say, Cory! ^^^

We would all do well to be more kind to ourselves in our self-talk.