The Madness -smh

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Arajkowski, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

I've developed a new pet peeve. I work for the largest sports supplement distribution company in the US, Europa. So the majority of the people I talk to are fitness people. Here in Florida competing is like college... Not everyone goes, not everyone completes it, but most attempt...whether they're cut out for it or not.

That being said, that's the basis for the majority of my conversations everyday. Sometimes I hear about a very healthy prep, but most of the time those people aren't talking about their prep because it's so easy going that it's not in the forefront of their mind all the time. The people killing themselves to get ready for a show though, they talk about it all the time. I don't know if they just want to see how miserable they can make their prep sound or they really just have no clue.

Anyway, I was just told about a woman getting ready for a show that is 12 weeks away. She is still undecided about the show, but she has already started to do 2 cardio sessions a day. I politely intervene and just mention how I've seen great things come from people not doing so much cardio off the bat, and her husband replied, well she's doing bikini. Isn't that more reason NOT to be killing yourself?!! If you're competing in bikini, doing that much work that far out, you're doing something way wrong.

"But my butt is saggy, I have to do more cardio..."

I just want to shake people.

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

:ruloco: all that for BIKINI? ugh.

3. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

Right!?! Sad part is... They own a gym and train people!!!!!! Good Lord help them