The Genetics No One Talks About (Part 1)

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Erik, Oct 11, 2010.

1. laurawd

laurawd Well-Known Member

Nor is it 'normal' for them to lose all that weight....

2. mguzeta

mguzeta New Member

This was great to read. It makes me feel better about my body/metabolic changes that have occured over the last 12-18months after 2 rounds of dieting and too much cardio. What is sad is that those of us who are "newbies" to the fitness/bodybuilding scene look for guidance through "experts," only to find out that they know very little. I have been told "eat cleaner" or "add more cardio" too many times, only to end up worse off then I was before starting a program. So greatful for coaches like Erik that actually have expertise in this field.

3. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Good point, Laura.

4. AmyLevinger

AmyLevinger New Member

Wonderful. Finally. Someone tells the truth.

5. AmyLevinger

AmyLevinger New Member

You are the first Coach I have ever seen spell this out... explain it and actually explain that competing isn't a good idea for everyone. Thank you. Character and Ethics and Honesty always win. But I haven't met a bodybuilding coach in America yet ( and I have been all around) who would turn down money or even consider explaining someone's metabolism or genetics were not well suited for the sport yet. In fact...I would say most are trying to set it up like a MLM scheme to get in newcomers by the drove. Even convincing them of potential in nationals and encouraging boob jobs yada yada... all for a numbers $$$ game. You are correct. No one ever needs to risk their metabolism, self esteem, or any of it for a twenty dollar trophy. You can also be very fit and beautiful in a non competition look way. I honestly don't find that look to be most attractive on myself anymore and of course to each their own...but all of this is true and I hope someone new to sport or considering reads this first. I am really glad I found LBC.

6. brownnm

brownnm New Member

It's articles like this that reaffirm my choice for coaching.

7. jlcustis

jlcustis New Member

Great post. Too many of my friends are suffering from these crazy diets. Not to mention theur mental status.

8. sachib3

sachib3 New Member

In the same as you were. Thank goodness for LBC!! I'd still be busting my butt off doing this! :treadmill:

9. Rugbygirl

Rugbygirl New Member

I am so glad I found LBC before I joined one of those "teams". I don't care if I compete, I just want to look lean, muscular and be healthy but if I could win a local master's contest then that would be the icing on the cake.

10. Ile

Ile New Member

I wish I had read this 6 years ago.
    It's better late than never.
    I will miss the shows for the me side and the girls back stage, but isn't healthy. My body told me more than 1 time, I didn't know.
    So happy to be training with Erik, now to fix the damage. :)

11. Ile

Ile New Member

I've been thinking about this article but I'm very curious about this point.

Does somebody has the answer for this

"6) If you are constantly cold, especially in the extremities, while dieting and even after, this is not “normal” and is another suggestion to you, you do not have the metabolic genetics for competition."

Thank you............