The Genetics No One Talks About (Part 1)

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Erik, Oct 11, 2010.

1. minglette

minglette Member

i always knew i was given boy hips for a reason :)

the metabolic resiliance is very interesting, and i am amazed by a lady i know personally. she did prep but never competed last yr and now is trying to fix and just normalize her metabolism. she has stacked on fat and its so sad

i honestly thought i had completely muffed up my metabolism with the EDs. its so exciting to be able to EAT now, and feel my digestive system work! it could have been a disaster!

2. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I posted this in the main section, but this was a really good story I read today!

http://www.bodysport.com/joomla/ind...=887:my-metabolic-hell&catid=163:superfeature

3. marcyg321

marcyg321 Member

That was a good article.. she is fortunate that she found a way to get healthy again.. proof that the damage can be reversed. Although I have never suffered from any kind of "metabolic hell", I can say how fortunate I feel to have found Erik. Just days before I signed up with him, I was considering some other coach and getting myself psyched up for the long cardio sessions and a restricted diet to possibly compete or just to look good in a bathing suit! Thank God is all I can say! My metabolism is healthy and it's gonna stay that way thanks to LBC!

4. Erik

Erik Admin

Can be, but is not guaranteed to be. As is the point w/ metabolic resiliency, a reversal is not always possible.

It can range from reversal, to improvement, to honestly, close to nothing depending on a myriad of factors at play.

People need to think long and hard about the process they undertake and more importantly, listen to your body when it isn't just whispering to you, it's screaming at you through a megaphone.

Sometimes people go through all this risk for what? A plastic trophy?

5. marcyg321

marcyg321 Member

Wow.. I didn't realize not everyone could recover from it. Makes me feel even more fortunate to be where I'm at.

6. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I also feel it wasn't clear how much her metabolism was recovered. She mostly talked about her having a more balanced life and accepting her weight, and realizing happiness is not all about being lean. She does look heavier in the picture with her dad. So not sure if that is her now or not. She just talks about other things being a focus in her life.

7. marcyg321

marcyg321 Member

Good points.. and good for her for having a healthier perspective on life and doing what she loves now for a living. I was a little surprised that she said she might want to compete again.. but that is probably the 'extremist' in her talking. Then again, if she did it the LBC way, she'd no doubt be fine.

8. Erik

Erik Admin

There are testimonials on my site of FULL metabolic recovery - first two that come to mind are Rainy Thordar and Stacy Adams.

9. LifeLova

LifeLova Under construction

Hey Minglette! I always cursed my boy hips too & my wide shoulders but now I'm thankful for them lol!

Regarding the Metabolic Hell... I'm still very thankful I was able to prep under Erik for two back to back shows and keep my metabolism intact. I was always proud of myself before of how good I had it (can eat tons without getting fat) and after my show I'm still the same way.

Like I said before, some competitors do more research on what kind of car they want to buy than the Coach they're going to hire. In this technology age there are no excuses for not knowing a smart prep vs a stupid prep. Ignorance in this case is not a bliss.

Ana :)

10. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

I think that is what really gets me. And yet people still do it. :ruloco:

11. PrissyLilBadAss

PrissyLilBadAss Member

Wow, so enlightening!

12. kaiZEN

kaiZEN New Member

Wow, that is some great insight. Very helpful and a refreshing, up-front read.

13. FlyingSquirrel

FlyingSquirrel Chelsea

Awesome post.

14. pmbpro

pmbpro New Member

Such a great post! I've seen this one quite a bit:

It can be tempting to fall into the trap of applauding such a dramatic change, especially if it happens so fast...

15. fitdiva

fitdiva New Member

Wow, this information is profound! I feel like I've hit a gold mine. I'm so blessed to have found Erik Ledin. Competing in Bikini is a lot of fun for me. I want to keep doing what I enjoy while remaining healthy and fit.

16. Sarah-V

Sarah-V New Member

Awesome post - thank you for caring enough to claim responsibility as a coach for POST contest. THAT is a very difficult-to-find treasure. :rolleyes:

17. DeniseT

DeniseT Member

:ditto:
    I get it :)

18. Kelly Davis

Kelly Davis New Member

I am 3 wks. post competition and trying to recover. I, too, listened without research and ended up doing and taking things I said I would never do. :grrr: Not for a trophy, but to look better than I did the last show. Didn't work!! I truly looked and felt my best at my 5th show. Now here I am, 20lbs. heavier and more body fat than I started with in 2008. :tantrum: Just gonna camp out here and wait my turn for my new life and body!! :whistling:

19. Erik

Erik Admin

Sorry to hear that Kelly.

But better to learn late than to not learn at all - you'll be on a better path soon enough.

20. jamison

jamison Member

great read. thank you!