The Egg White Thread

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Amy, Aug 25, 2011.

1. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Hi Mike! Almost anything can be made in advance. I usually cook everything in bulk. I rarely cook/prep a single meal. It requires setting aside some prep-time a couple times per week... and some planning. But once everything is ready for your busy week, saves a lot of time each day (and those early mornings).

2. fithappykay

fithappykay New Member

Microwave Cake

3 egg whites (1/2 cup)
    50 grams cooked winter squash (can sub sweet potato or pumpkin)
    1 Tbsp peanut flour
    1 Tbsp cocoa powder
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    salt,stevia,vanilla to taste
    3-5 Tbsp water, tea, or coffee (depending on how thin you like your batter)
    Stir together, microwave 2-3 minutes till done! Top with coconut cream, nut butter, frozen bananas or berries.. yum!!!

3. rgreba

rgreba New Member

pancake.jpg

Pattie, I followed what you said about mixing dry ingredients together in the blender to make pancakes, and they turned out soooo much better then mixing everything at once. I just wanted to post a picture because I was proud, can't believe I never thought of that before.... :doh:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Emma

Emma Member

Today I am going to whizz up batches of oats, protein, cinnamon and baking powder in single serve batches and store them in zip lock bags.

Then I can just add egg whites and blueberries and bake them or cook them when I need them.

5. mrstrone

mrstrone New Member

I love this thread! Great recipes!

6. mrstrone

mrstrone New Member

I made the ew pizza (from the beginning of the thread) and it was delicious and nice and crispy!

7. rgreba

rgreba New Member

Going to throw out another pancake flavor. Don't think I saw it listed. Cranberry lemon. cranpan.jpg
    Sweetened it quite a bit since cranberries and lemon are on the bitter side.

8. runningjoy

runningjoy Member

i like it....that is going on my list for sure!

9. simba zee

simba zee New Member

I agree with the hot sauce..LOVE my sriracha :)

10. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

thanks for all the great ideas ppl

11. cwinkelman

cwinkelman New Member

Love this thread! I need more variety! Thx.

12. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

This looks great! I can hardly wait to try it.

13. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I will be making the sweet eggwhites!

14. rgreba

rgreba New Member

Another flavor I tried for the egg white protein that was really good: peaches and salted caramel. To get the salted caramel flavoring I used sugar free coffee syrup Torani.

15. Athlete1003

Athlete1003 New Member

LOL wow, so many ideas in here! I'm so used to just eating my egg whites hard boiled with sriracha and mustard! :laugh:

16. Oduwe

Oduwe Member

I love egg

17. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

:bump:

18. lmac

lmac New Member

Amazing thread! Last night was pizza night and I was super excited to give the recipe here a try for myself. My bf just looked at me like I was crazy. He's not a fan of the oats/ew or even just ew used in place of bread. On a great note I was super satisfied and super proud of myself for keeping it clean! With enough (aka a heaping pile) of onions, green pepper, garlic (real kind, I pressed it into my 'dough' mix before cooking) and crushed red pepper flakes it tasted like the real thing! Can't wait to make it again tonight!

19. KellyK

KellyK New Member

Darn it!! I was so excited to try the baked oatmeal that I accidentally skipped the baking soda. Hope it still turns out okay.:dope:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  20. Ange

Ange Member

I viewed this thread last night for ideas to amp up my EW since I was having a hard time literally choking them down in the morning with no matter WHAT I put on them. I saw Ileens idea and thought "Gross....I'm going to try that!"... And they were freakin dynamite!! Amen Ileen! It also helps that I invested in an awesome pan that is ACTUALLY non-stick which allows you to literally slip the eggs out of the pan with no oil or butters! (Its called Organi-Green from the As Seen on TV line... which I thought was going to be junk, but it lives up to its infomercial)