The Egg White Thread

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Amy, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

5 egg whites :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Beccaleedom

Beccaleedom Member

Did you bake this? For how long? I could have pumpkin pie every day:cheat:

I did Amy's pumpkin cookies today and made them into muffins. They were yummy!:cheat:

Becky

3. LadyV

LadyV Member

Duh! :ruloco:

4. patti

patti Active Member

Hmmm, sweet eggs - wonder if it would make me think it was like custard? maybe??

5. patti

patti Active Member

:laughatyou:
    (That's okay...I still haven't asked her what 'kwim' means :shrug:)

6. Inatic

:lol:

KWIM=Know WHat I Mean
    :D

7. LadyV

LadyV Member

Beat me!

8. Beccaleedom

Beccaleedom Member

I am pretty lazy and will probably just make it the pan only.:funny:

Never tried doing this before and it does sound wierd adding sweets to only eggs but hey...I ate pizza egg whites and loved it!:cheat:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  9. LilMissSunshine

LilMissSunshine I Wanna Be Like Sarah.

Dang, that looks awesome -and super crispy. What temp setting do you use? Mine never seems to get crunchy like that in the pan no matter how long I leave it - Im thinking maybe I need my heat to be higher so it cooks quicker.. Would certainly save me a lot of time and dishes! lol

10. Inatic

I turned the burner on and got it heated (electric cook top here) then put the pan on and heated that on HI..

cracked eggs/separated them (cant do container stuff :sick: )
    sprayed pam,
    poured(add seasonings right on top (didnt even mix in)into pan
    made sure ews covered the entire skilled.. let it set and cook on high for a few then reduced to med..

watched that it was crispin, added diced and added spinach and more seasonings right on top. (fresh grinded garlic salt, pizza heat)

slightly covered to allow the air to circulate.. once the spinach was 'melted'

turned off the heat and let it sit uncovered while i prep my HUGE bowl of oatbran (46g) with 2.5c of water cooked SLOW and LONG..

I eat my pizza while its cooking..

:piggie: :cheat: :yum:

11. LilMissSunshine

^^^ That is MONEY! Im also on elec. stove top. High is where its at. Ive been using 4! Mine goes to 8 and then High! I know what Im trying tonight :piggie:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  12. Little1

Little1 Member

Don't worry Patti, When I first joined forums I asked the same thing!

13. Shannaks

Shannaks This seat's taken

I tried 2 cups of water for 40g oats and it was like thin soup. YUCK.

I make protein waffles, pancakes, crepes etc with my egg whites and oats. I have even made protein donuts with my mini donut pan. I have a pic on my facebook page I think. I make a syrup with bluberries lemon juice and stevia too thats awesome on top of the pancakes, waffles etc.

I also subbed bread for my oats the other day (matched my macros almost exactly, the bread was slightly higher protein) and I made protein french toast sticks with a couple scrambled eggs on the side. Eggs are so versatile.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Inatic

you have to cook the oats, slow and long. I find the quick oats better..

DONUTS.. my kiddo would love that!

15. Shannaks

Shannaks This seat's taken

I did. I used quick oats and cooked slow. Too much water for my taste

16. hoopinjenn

hoopinjenn The Penis Genius

mmm yes, ew with franks hot sauce, spinach & feta cheese, that is my ultimate fav!

17. shodges

shodges Member

Hi! Ok, I have no idea how to use this forum and show a quote, etc. so sorry for the lack of "forum" skill. :shrug: I love this thread and am so intrigued! What is 'pizza heat' and how are you guys cooking your oats on the stovetop?

Thanks!

18. Inatic

welcome!

Pizza Heat is a seasoning (in a grinder bottle) made by Alessi. you can also use red pepper flakes.

re the oats. water, oats, bring to a boil and just cook til it tooks down/absorbs more water. I also easily do it in the microwave as well in a nice large bowl. Same for my oatbran or cream of rice

19. LilMissSunshine

:wave: Welcome! The stove top oats are growing on me. :love: I made them again this a.m. but used more water & cooked on the same temp I had before - walked away 2 min and my oats boiled over :sadcry: But my house smelled heavenly!:cheat:

20. spa_68

spa_68 Member

Yep, I love my oats any way I can get them! :love:

Oh no, they boiled over!!!??? :crying: DO OVER!! I'd have to do them over for fear that I couldn't get them all scraped up! :funny: