The Egg White Thread

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Amy, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

I am starting this thread in hopes that some of these awesome recipes and ideas I have seen in journals will start popping in here. :nod:

Post up how you prep them or add them into other foods!! :thumb:

2. Erik

Erik Admin

Egg whites + low-sugar ketchup.

The end.

3. Bella600

Bella600 Member

I bake my oatmeal with all of my egg whites instead of just 2 and add my 35g of blueberries - M1 is my FAVORITE! The consistance is like a quiche

5 Egg Whites
    40g Oatmeal
    25g Blueberries
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1 tbsp sfff Torani Carmel Syrup

Preheat to 350, cook for 30 minutes

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Egg white pizza

I was just searching for my original (old) thread.

Amt of EW my current plan has
    seasonings
    salsa,sauce, lc kethup
    cooking spray
    veggies or spinach
    cheese (opt)
    LARGE skilet (works best for me)

Heat skillet, pour in ew and seasonings. Cook till crispy.
    Finding its best not to flip.

load with spinach, sprinkle with hot pepper flakes or pizza heat (seasoning)

'melt' the spinach.

5. Inatic

sub hot sauce and your in! Have never cared for it with ketchup.

6. LilMissSunshine

LilMissSunshine I Wanna Be Like Sarah.

So, 60g oats, 4 egg whites, 1 cup water, cinnamon, and a splash of vanilla, in Med/Large sauce pan with lid on temp 3. I only used 1 cup h20 since I had the whites in there thinking they would compensate for the extra water (FYI I like my oats thick too ;) ). But de da deeee me, the eggs started to cook to the bottom of the sauce pan after about 5 min, so I threw in about 1/2 cup more water and turned the temp to low. Cooked for an additional 10 min maybe? I bet I could have added even more water and let cook even longer to get more out of it - but what I had was MORE than enough as it was! I had a really hard time finishing my bowl. Ileen was dead on, this has volume.

[​IMG]

It was YUMMO for sure. But probably not something Im going to make on a regular. I dont like feeling so full, it makes me feel sluggish and I wanted a nap! Lol Perhaps Ive done too good of a job embracing hunger. But this is definately something Im going to keep stashed in my back pocket for the moments I am feeling starved. :cheat:

7. LilMissSunshine

Eggwhite Pizza & Grab N' Go Muffins
    [​IMG]

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! If you wouldve told the 'old Missy' that she could have muffins and pizza EVERYDAY during contest prep, she woulve laughed in your faced and asked you to pass the tilipia and asparagus please.

Muffins:
    I get TWO of those delicious nuggets of goodness every a.m. They are quite dense and very filling.

Recipe/Directions:
    My a.m. meal calls for 60g oats and 4 eggwhites.
    What I do is first put 30 grams oats in each muffin cup. Sprinkle with cinnamon (Try any spice of your choice - apple pie, pumpkin, etc. - Ive tried to do the spices last but ended up making such a mess when I tried to stir it together since the spices would *poof* all over). Then I wisk together 2 egg whites and 1/3 cup water in my mini food processer and poor into one muffin cup - repeat for each muffin cup. (using the food processer gets it nice and frothy which makes the muffins a little crispy on the top) gently mix with spoon (the froth seems to stay at the top) and sprinkle with splenda (between the splenda, the froth, and my imagination - it turns out to be like a streusel topping!) Pop in oven set to 325 for 30 min and voila! 3 days worth of easy yummy breakfast! I put in baggies and fridge - reheat for 1 min in micro and top with a lil spray butter.
    NOTE: If you make one big batch and fill each cup, the ingredients tend to settle and one might end up with more oats and another more ew. The way I do it I know each indivudual cup is exactly half of what Im supposed to have.

Tonights pizza turned out sooooo close to perfect - but definately delicious!

[​IMG]

Dang it all if I didnt decide to add spinach but not drain it enough - otherwise Im convinced the middle would have turned out just as crispy as the edges.

And might I add, it was HUGE - couldnt fit it all onto one plate. But it was crispy enough to hang off of the edge and not flop. :yahoo:

[​IMG]

So, again with the food processer, I used 4 EW, 1/3 cup water, McCormic Italian seasoning and Lawry's garlic powder and whipped till a lil frothy. Cooked it on the stove top (temp 5 on electric burner) in my large nonstick pan it spread out nice and thin. Also, I think the water added to making it crispy. Cooked it until the edges set and topped with veggies and then my homemade 'pizza sauce' (2 tbs salsa, 1 tbs dijon mustard, 1 heaping tbs splenda - sounds odd, but I like it) Baked it in the oven (in the pan still) at 325 for 12 min (not a science, just the time left on my muffins I already had in there) Pulled both out, set to broil, sprayed the edges of the pizza with spray butter and broiled for about 5 min.

Yea, it seems like a lot of work and a lot of dishes. But truth is I love to cook, and with all the time Im saving NOT doing endless hours of cardio, I have the time to do it.

8. Inatic

:girly:

I dont put eggs in my oats.. i eat them as pizza on the side :piggie:

I use two cups of water to 40g oats.

9. LilMissSunshine

FYI - Im just doing a lot of copy/pasting out of my journal.. So if I missed something or it is unclear, please feel free to ask!

10. LilMissSunshine

Yes, sorry - I meant cooking slow via stovetop method makes it voluminous. :lol:

As you can see ladies and gents, theres so many options and variations to even the 'same' meal, that just a little tweaking - more water, less EW, etc. etc. can make for a completely different outcome and whole new food. Feel free to play around!

11. Inatic

absolutely! Everyone will make it their own and find what works best for them. That is the fun in it for me (and you) cause we like, er LOVE , playing with our food.

12. LilMissSunshine

:yeahthat: :lol:

13. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

:eggos: I want 60 grams of oats! Yummy!!

14. Inatic

60g is alot!(bulking and start of diet for me) I had to put less water in mine lol.. 40g my way, is definitely filling! OR i subbed some ezekiel bread..

am , im not that hungry it hits me later in the day.

15. Little1

Little1 Member

and me!!! LOVE tweaking things till perfection...who says eating healty has to be yucky.....I wish the bf thought my food was yucky and NOT eat of my plate....

16. Beccaleedom

Beccaleedom Member

I am so glad this thread was started! :wave:
    Missy or Amy: What is your favorite pumpkin recipe? I have been craving pumpkin!:cheat:

Becky

17. LilMissSunshine

OOoO I havent had a chance yet to play with actual pumpkin a lot but I use the pumpkin pie spice often - baked oats, protein shake..

My recent fave has been in my last meal which is

1 scoop PB Whey protein and 1 tbs all natural peanut butter.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pumpkin Protein Brownie with Peanut Butter Frosting

34 g Peanut butter whey protein (Body Fortress brand purchased at walmart. I really like the 'whey' it cooks up! The ON brand seems to have a 'squeaky' texture when nuked)
    1 heaping Tbs Splenda
    A couple shakes of Pumpkin pie Spice
    2 tbs Water
    Mix in a small plastic ziplock.esque container - it will be thick like cake mix
    (I have a 12 oz one I use that was for cream cheese I think. Ive also used a 16 oz square ziplock container but I prefer the smaller one as I like my protein brownie less cooked)
    Zap in microwave for 17 sec.
    Top with 1 tbs All Natural PB - the heat from the brownie melts it and covers the top.

YUM!

OR

Faux Pumpkin Pie

(I havent made this in forever so Im not sure of the exact amounts)

I take a medium sweet potato, put it in a plastic baggie and micro for around 6 minutes. The steam from the plastic baggie cooks the sweet potato. Remove (carefully - will be HOT) and remove skin. (the skin should just peel right off)
    Mush, mash, or blend sweet potato with a splash of milk (or could try Silk - almond milk), pumpkin pie spice, and spenda, until creamy. Stick in freezer for 5-10 minutes until firm but not frozen.
    Top with a dollop of RediWhip or Coolwhip (just a dollop goes a long way) and
    Violia! Pumpkin Pie :cheat:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  18. Inatic

Cathie has a pumpkin loaf I think.. lol.. Let me find the recipe or get her to put it in here.

19. Beccaleedom

Beccaleedom Member

I just had sweet potatoe for the first time about 2 weeks ago and really liked it.

I have Amy's cookbook and Recipes for Gals in Figure and Bodybuilding oatmeal book also. Before getting on with Amy, I used to make this one for Jenny's book:

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal:
    1/2 cup oats
    1 cup water
    1/2 cup pumpkin puree
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1-2 tsp pure maple extract
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    3 tbsp nonfat cottage cheese
    sugar substitute to taste

bake at 350 for 30mins...so good!:cheat:

I just need to figure out how to make it fit into my plan with Amy.

20. Beccaleedom

Beccaleedom Member

Thank you Ileen!:love: