Testosterone

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by mich56, Nov 15, 2006.

1. mich56

mich56 Well-Known Member

Okay...I don't know if this has been talked about, and when I went to find anything on it...I would just get side tracked reading everyone's posts :shrug: But I want to find out more on the Testosterone supps...what do you all think about them, do you take them etc....

Someone once told me that it may be necessary for me to take them :confused: Haven't yet, need more info!

Thanks!

2. char-dawg

char-dawg Mr. Observant

Necessary for what?

3. mich56

mich56 Well-Known Member

He thought that I may be low in testosterone because I have/had a low sex drive and that I could build muscle faster? I don't really know what the hell he was talking about??

4. char-dawg

char-dawg Mr. Observant

This was your BF? :uhuh:

5. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Your other hormones (female or thyroid) could be off that is causing some of the same symptoms.

6. mich56

mich56 Well-Known Member

:lol: My hubby doesn't complain much...but I am just not as horny as I used be (pre kids)

7. mich56

mich56 Well-Known Member

I get that...had my thyroid tested by Naturopath (temp readings) and it came back that it was low...then had it done my my fam doc, it came back normal (on the high side actually)...so who knows there...

8. Jeff Rage

Jeff Rage Es Est Laichzeit!

Your hubby doesn't complain about your BF? :)

9. Cindy Day

Cindy Day Well-Known Member

Did you get all your other (female) hormones tested too and have you had your testosterone levels checked? BTW, you shouldn't be on the pill (for 3-4 months prior) when you get your female hormones tested.

Test will help your libido, but you need to check the overall picture and not treat one symptom.

10. mich56

mich56 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Now I want to clarify that my libido is in good working order now. When I talked to this guy a few months back it wasn't. My thyroid is most likely normal too.

I haven't had any other hormones tested...and I am not on BCP...I am seeing my doc on Friday for a yearly and will talk to her about it more (whether I need too etc)

11. mich56

mich56 Well-Known Member

Okay...I want to clarify here...I just wanted information about Testosterone...do any women here use it??? Everything for me appears to be normal (thyroid and hormonally)...I could get tested, I guess. I just want the info..

So any pro's con's etc to taking it...it is not a banned sub, right?

Thanks!

12. mich56

mich56 Well-Known Member

:funny:

13. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Cons:

Legality

that's it

14. Jared

Jared I would like some cheese.

Even for teh femalez?

15. Ali

Ali Senior Member

No, I actually took it for that reason. But it was only for one week a long, long time ago...and one week over the summer. It was a cream...and it helped the sex drive. A LOT. I don't like taking drugs as a whole, so I was scared to do it...and that's why I went off it so quickly. I *THINK* you could use it to add muscle...I think some women do, but I'm not sure about that...one of the guys will probably know more about that.

As far as the hormone issues go, Ileen and Cindy would know lots about that...and from what I've read, it's really complicated and you need an outstanding doctor if yours is starting to go haywire. My issues were related to nursing....forever and ever.

As far as legality, it's not illegal if you get a prescription FOR other than bodybuilding purposes...and it's really not for physique issues. My contest had a lie detector test...that I would not have passed if I had been using it for bodybuilding purposes. I had to tell them up front that I had taken it, had a note from my doctor, and then I had to answer questions about it. Not all organizations have a poly, though...I don't even think the NPC is tested...not positive, though.

16. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

It dependz on wether or notz u heartz teh big clitz11111

17. Q45

Q45 +h3 H@rdc0r3

:funny:

18. jaleena

jaleena Banned

Dose dependent.

19. Iron Will

Iron Will Because I'm Awesome Thats Why.

The only reason i woman should supp. testosterone is if it is prescribed by a doc... If your wanting to build muscle and are wanting an anabolic steroid then you would go with anavar or winstrol. Test will effect more than just your clit, if you want to know more then i suggest doing some research. If your wanting to know about the "testosterone supplements" you can get at gnc then i'm of no help cause i don't know how they effect a lady, and i think most of them are bs anyway.

20. Erik

Erik Admin

Oh yeah?