Teeth Whitening

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by Blondell, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Ali

Ali Senior Member

I don't think it matters. I've used 2 kinds...similar results.

2. lawgrrrl

lawgrrrl For mah girls

Sorry - I double checked - it was the premium ones.

3. Kathryn

Kathryn 100% focus on myself

I've used the generic brand of Crest White Strips from Walmart and I love them..teeth are so many shades whiter and it's half the price...

4. Laura

Laura Member

I suggest a kit from Ebay where they make a mold for you (same as the dentist does) and you can get dental quality bleach from there too. 3 great kinds are Day White, Nite White, and Opalescense. No comparison to the store brand kinds.

5. Jillian

Jillian I HATE WINTER!

I too have used the crest whitestrips premium, and they worked fantastic. Before i tried them i phoned my dentists office, and the receptionist actually suggested i try them first, because they work so well, and could save me so much money!!!....ps....she is a friend, and her boss would have probably hung her out to dry if he knew she were telling potential customers this:hehe:

6. Jillian

Jillian I HATE WINTER!

anyone ever try 5 minute miracle whitening gel? I just picked some up...ill let y'all know my results as soon as i get em.:lol3:

7. Jillian

Jillian I HATE WINTER!

oopsies...it isnt called 5 minute miracle
    It is called Natural white

Where did i get 5 minute miracle from????

8. JGWright

JGWright Senior Member

Last night's festivities?

9. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

10. Jillian

Jillian I HATE WINTER!

lmao...perhaps:lol3: :funny:

11. Laura

Laura Member

How do you like the Natural White?

12. novamt

novamt Member

Has anyone used Creststrips Professional? I saw those at my dentist's office and wondered if they're worth the extra price. I've tried Smiling Bright which sounds a lot like ZOOM, they use light along with the tray but I felt like it didn't work that well. Once upon a time I had trays and Nite Bright but I can't find my trays.

13. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

I use Crest Whitestrips, the original first ones that came out. I tried the premium and other ones and I didn't see any results from them. The original Crest Whitestrips did give me a little sensitivity for a couple days but I only use them once a day for 3 days. That's all I've ever needed. I think each individual is different on how well these strips work and to what level of sensitivity you have. I think each person has to just try different ones to see what works best for that individual.

14. Samual

Samual New Member

Crest white strips is fantastic.It is my favorite for whitening teeth.I have been using it from 2 years and its results are awesome.

15. Fit and Fab

Fit and Fab New Member

The old fashioned way to whiten teeth is to brush baking soda at least once a day for 3 days. You may also opt to go natural by eating apples, pears, or carrots that may cause more production of saliva. This helps to wash food debris on your teeth. But the best way to keep your teeth healthy and white is to refrain from food and drinks that can stain your teeth such as coffee, soda, and sweets. Another thing, smoking is the top most source of teeth stains.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  16. Ange

Ange Member

Hi All:
    A tid bit of info for those who experience sensitivity with whitening. I offer professional whitening in my office and have tried different brands/chemicals for sensitivity.
    All whitening kits contain at least one of these 2 ingredients: Carbamide Peroxide OR Hydrogen Peroxide. Yes they are very close in the chemistry but it's also the % of each chemical in your whitening kits.
    It likely depends who you ask, but others may have different opinions on "what works best".
    Basically the higher the %, the quicker the results, also higher sensitivity. However, the first time I used Crest White Strips (prior to my education in the dental field), I experienced unbearable pain from the sensitivity caused by the kit that I bought in the drug store. I discussed this with my dentist at my next visit, and he explained that drug store kits are very different than professioanl take home kits.
    I later tried a professional take home kit with 16% HP and had the same experience as the Crest strips. I did some research for another brand with CP. I was hesitant to try it, but this time, no sensitivity. It was a higer percentage (32%), and I noticed a difference in shade within 3 treatments. I only do a touch up whiten every 6 months or so, so the kit lasts a LONG time.
    Also as a side note, my fiance has more sensitive teeth than I do, (can't have ice in his water - can't have ice cream sort), and he also tried this system and experienced little to no sensitivity as well. He was hesitant to try but was quite surprised.
    Talk to your dentist about it. It's more expensive but it's worth it. You have to be careful with your whitening kits. Whitening your teeth isn't bad for your teeth, but CAN be harmful for your gums (as far as burning) if instructions are not followed as far as exposure times. I urge you to do some research before making a decision on a kit/system and find a brand that is safe.
    Happy Whitening!

17. doodleturtle

doodleturtle New Member

I really liked the Crest Whitestrips premiums as well and got lots of compliments on my white teeth. I recommend using Sensodyne about a week prior to starting whitening to help lesson the tooth sensitivity. It really helps with the shooting pains that I seem to get when I'm whitening. Also, my dentist told me it was fine to leave them on twice as long as the package says, but it does increase the sensitivity.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  18. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Crest Whitestrips contain glycerin. For many people who experience pain or "sensitivity" during/after whitening, it is with glycerin-based products (even if its Carbomide Peroxide). I am definitely one of those people. Since switching to glycerin-free whiteners, I've had no problem.

I use "ProWhite". It is Carbamide-Peroxide, but it is also glycerin-free. I order it online. You need trays for it. Your dentist can make custom-fit trays. Less expensive to get a kit through Amazon, make your own impressions and send them to the lab as per instructions that come with the kit. The kit that I ordered came with whitener but it had glycerin. So I just tossed it out and use my ProWhite.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  19. 907vanessa

907vanessa New Member

Zoom sounds interesting, I will have to check that out,

20. Tarla

Tarla New Member

Lemon juice, and salt, swish around for a min or two and your good to go.