Teeth Whitening

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by Blondell, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I'm looking for a home kit that I can use. What have you all tried and would you recommend it?

2. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

i got the target brand and the crest brand whitening strips. both did just fine. however, I did get some tooth sensitivity which one go away about 10 minute after using them.

3. Blondell

sensitivity w/ both? how did they compare to each other?

4. Blondell

Anyone else? :unsure:

5. lawgrrrl

lawgrrrl For mah girls

My husband used the Crest ones and I used the gel from my dentist before our wedding. His teeth looked really, really white. He did cut out coffee and all dark sodas/ice tea, anything that would cause stains. They were noticeably whiter.

6. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

from both. apparently it is quite common according to various websites. it isn't horrible...just kidna uncomfortable for a few minutes.

7. Blondell

Crest has more than one kind. Do you know which it was?

8. Blondell

thank you! Same question as above :)

9. Ali

Ali Senior Member

I've used Crest Whitestrips. If you can afford the dentist...I'd do that. :nod:

10. Christine_99

Christine_99 Well-Known Member

Crest Whitestrips Premium work very well for me :)

11. Blondell

THANK YOU!!! So many are suggesting whitestrips but no one is telling me which ones. :uhuh:

:hug:

12. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

The whitestrips worked well, however I experienced severe sensitivity with them. It was bad. Anything too hot/cold would hurt like hell--even though I hadn't used them in a while, or even that day at all. Also, it hurt to brush my teeth.

13. Christine_99

Christine_99 Well-Known Member

I had some sensitivity with them but that is individual. If you experience this you can use sensodyne toothpaste and do some fluoride rinses to help :)

14. diddledee

diddledee Well-Known Member

I saw something, I think on the Today show? It said the one you brush on at night (Crest) works best.

15. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Ive got to tell you....if you really want results.. and im talking fresh white teeth, look into in office bleaching. I used Crest premium white strips twice, while they lightened my teeth slightly.... nothing compared to the ZOOM I had done over a year and a half ago.

16. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

i've been kicking around the idea of ZOOM for my wedding so we'll get the insanely white teeth. how long did it take?

17. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

:shrug: the current set i have is just the random target brand. like $17 or so. i know they have them in MI - bought a previous set there before i moved.

side note - i usually use them now when my teeth are getting dingy :shrug:. they haven't given me a glow in the dark smile :grumble:

18. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

hour and a half in and out. not painful at all, there is a numbing effect to it, unlike the first ZOOM that came out.

19. rasberryco

rasberryco :)

How much did you pay for Zoom, is it becoming more affordable? I used to use GO-SMILE (gosmile.com) and it worked great before, it's more expensive than the whitening strips.

20. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

well its certainly not cheap. Wills brother in law charges $500 for the ZOOM and $750 for a take home 4 week kit. (its nice to have a dentist in the family.. hehehe}