Suggestions for cottage cheese.

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by pkralev, Jul 13, 2007.

1. gymgurl

gymgurl Member

I just got Syntrax's Cookies and cream pp and mixed it into cottage cheese with splenda and a bit of milk. Tasted just like an oreo blizzard to me. (well okay, not just like...but close)

2. mathgeek

mathgeek Member

I got this recipe from Paula Deen - and surprisingly it is very good. I made it this weekend.

1 (12-ounce) container low-fat (1 percent) cottage cheese
    2 (0.3-ounce) boxes sugar free strawberry gelatin, plus 1 box (recommended: Jell-O)
    1 ready-made light graham cracker crust
    1 pint fresh strawberries, plus extra for garnish
    1 (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped topping, thawed

Put cottage cheese in a blender. Make 2 boxes of the gelatin, using 1 cup of hot and 1 cup of cold water. At once, before it jells, add to cottage cheese. Blend until smooth. Pour into crust and refrigerate until set. Cut up fruit and place on top of pie. Make remaining package of gelatin as per instructions on box. Pour it on top of fruit and put it in refrigerator until set. Put whipped topping on top. Garnish with more fruit.

I made it with no crust and no cool whip.

3. Coll76

Coll76 Boston: The love of my life!

cottage cheese with salsa = fantastic

cottage cheese with pasta sauce = a little bowl of lasagna

cottage cheese in a salad keeps the salad moist and you can avoid putting dressing on it

4. MaryBeth

MaryBeth Shedding the pig fat.

These sound either really gross or really good...but either way, when I've got CC with peanut butter and PP on a meal from Erik, I can't exactly try the other stuff! Blending those 3 together makes me want to :sick: :barf:

5. BSNJunkie

BSNJunkie Bleeds Purple

You are :crazy: that is my favorite meal of the day!

6. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I'm not surprised at all. Everything I've ever tried of Paula's has been very good! :yum:

7. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

a thought: graham cracker pp, chocolate davinci/walden farms and marshmallow walden farms in cc.

smores :D

8. BSNJunkie

BSNJunkie Bleeds Purple

Try this:

Slice and saute eggplant with spices in pam in a pan.
    Top with CC and Walden Farm Calorie Free Marinara (they have it at Cub, not great but better than nothing)
    Stick in Broiler= egg plant parmesean

Take PP add water and mircowave to make a little brownie and top with PB for desert.

Had this yesterday minus the PB

9. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

Little ingredients that's the key :lol3:

:p

10. Ana

:yeahthat: I could eat this for all my 5 meals :yayconfetti:

11. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

Fave PWO (or one of them) was just 2-3 crushed up rice cakes (any sweet flavor) mixed into 1c cottage cheese...add splenda. :yum:

12. Ana

That sounds :yum:

13. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Make 'ice cream'

Got a magic bullet? Makes perfect 'ice cream'

Maybe see if you can sub some of the cc cheese for a bit more of the whey, add crushed ice, water and a smidge of xanthum gum ( opt just fiber) also changes the texture. Sub equal quanities pb for g's of sliced almonds that you will stir INTO your 'ice cream'

Grab a spoon and enjoy :D

14. Mols

Mols My BFF

MY FAVORITE meal of the day, exactly that!

15. MaryBeth

Ileen, I swear if I don't find some way to enjoy this stuff like you guys...ARGH! I just ordered the choc Dymatize and BSN Cinn PP Ana suggested, so I'll try it. I just bought the Bullet yesterday.:lol3: So here goes nothing!

16. Ana

You didn't go back and read my journal, the cinnamon does not mix well with the cc or pb, the tastes don't mix. The cinnamon i have on it's own for breakkie.
    The chocolate :thumb:

I wish you lived closer I'd make you some you'd love it. Or I'd beat you till you did :funny:

:jk: Good luck

17. MaryBeth

Not only did I read it, I wrote it down. But the BSN one you suggested wasn't listed as a graham cracker cinn. I think it was called cinn roll (which alone sounded pretty darn good) so I thought if I had a couple options, maybe I'd get lucky.:clap:

And I'd love if you just made it and shipped it. I'll have my DH beat me if I don't like it. Of course he'd hate for you to know that I can kick his arsssss even if he is 6'6". Wuss. ;)

18. Ana

No graham cracker is another all together, yes it's cinnamon roll ur right. I personaly don't like that one with cc but that's just me.
    I like to make it ahead of time and put it in the fridge also to make it nice and cold :yum:
    next time you make it call me I'll talk you throught it :lol3: I;ll stay on line while you choke it down too :funny:

19. MaryBeth

:thumb:

20. BSNJunkie

BSNJunkie Bleeds Purple

I could give you a bunch of "samples" of PP. I am not quite as big of a expert as Ana but I have like 8 open jars right now.