Suggestions for cottage cheese.

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by pkralev, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I just mixed my cc w/ fiber one cereal, sweetener, cinnamon and pb.

2. gymgurl

gymgurl Member

Dito. Cottage cheese is like crack-cocaine for me. I eat about 4 cups a day right now.... so good.

I usually mix mine with PVL chocolate peanut butter or sugar free maple syrup and extract along with a lot of Splenda. That's my best advice, for taste anyway...the more splenda the better :p.

Oh and I actually like mine a little watery so I mix a tiny bit of skim milk in as well. Meanwhile, I am getting the best looks from my family. It's truly priceless.

3. nicki

nicki Member

I am also a cc freak would be happy to eat nothing else ..my new fav is cc mixed with flavoured tuna yumo:thumb:

4. magdalynaa

magdalynaa Jabber Jaws

I have never, at any point in my life, been a cottage cheese freak. I can tolerate it now, though. Hell, I can even eat it without disguising it. This is a MAJOR improvement. :cheat:

I like to mix it with fruits if I'm eating it by itself (pineapples, mangoes, peaches, cantaloupe, grapefruit).

If I'm making a shake, I do that nasty combo Erik made. :funny: I use about 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, a scoop of protein powder, 1-2 tsp of peanut butter, splenda, sugar-free syrup, and fruit (strawberries or blueberries).

To cook, I mix it with tuna like Nicki suggested. I make tuna melts by simmering a can of tuna, cottage cheese, celery, onions, peppers, and spices, and then pour it over a slice of wheat bread and toast in the over for a little while. It's a little runny, but it tastes good to me. :cheat:

5. ritzgal

ritzgal Well-Known Member

This sounds yummy. :yum:

I've actually just nuked it a little to take the chill off it and then added in my strawberries. Just looking for something different I guess. :shrug:

6. nicki

nicki Member

Thanks for that idea i can't wait to try it::p

7. fit'n'healthy

fit'n'healthy Senior Member

I may be the only one, but I hate my cc with sweet stuff. I like it with salt and pepper and chopped green onions. Sometimes I add sliced radishes. Its a Polish thing - the way my mom's made it for me forever. :thumb:

8. Blondell

I love how versatile cc is. I like it sweet and savory. W/ salsa and chicken, it's so good.

9. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

nope i've added salsa to mine :)

10. straitshooter

straitshooter Active Member

i rarely eat it..but when i do, i just put splenda on it and i am good to go!

11. synergyb3

synergyb3 Well-Known Member

Oh, I am so boring. The only way I eat CC is with berries & a little stevia on it.

I ate WAY too much CC in the past and find it is something I could easily live without. I don't dislike it but it really doesn't thrill me & I have to remind myself to eat it. :shrug:

12. Erik

Erik Admin

Favourite meal of the day

CC + plain yogurt + frozen blueberries + strawberry protein powder

:D

13. Ali

Ali Senior Member

Blend protein powder (I've only used chocolate), cottage cheese, and some ice cubes...maybe some splenda until smooth...you might need a little liquid in there, too. Then stick it in the ice cream maker. :yum:

I usually just eat it with splenda and some blueberries, chopped nuts, or PB. So good. Also, I only use Michigan brand cottage cheese...the rest is :barf:

The other thing I do, on a refeed day, I have put it on baked chips, melted it, and then top with salsa. That satisfies my Mexican cravings. :thumb:

14. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

layer grilled eggplant, zuchini and yellow squash in baking dish in layers with cottage cheese, salsa or tomato sauce, orgeano, garlic salt and pepper. bake at 400F until heated through.

15. kelster

kelster ...

sautee garlic and onions until tender... add shredded cabbage... continue to sautee till tender... season with S/P... transfer to serving bowl, mix in cottage cheese (it gets all melty and :yum: ) and then top with parmasen cheese :drool: sooooooooooo good!!

16. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

In a blender combine 1/2 cup cottage cheese, vanilla extract, cinnamon and stevia (or whatever sweetner you use). blend until smooth.

Top on 2 slices toasted Ezekiel bread, with either sliced strawberries, banana, thin slices apple or jam/jelly of choice.

*really good to add either natural peanut butter or almond butter to the cottage cheese before blending, then put on toast.

17. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

I forgot about that :doh:

I LOVE CC cheese on toasted bread or bagels with onions and tomatoes :drool:

18. Mols

Mols My BFF

mmmm yes i love to toast a bagel, then spread CC with spices mixed in before, or tuna mixed in, then stick it under the broiler for like 3 minutes.....OMG so good!

19. Blondell

I just crushed a waffle cone and tossed it in (pwo). Turned out pretty good w/ some sweetener.

20. AJB

AJB Well-Known Member

My favorite is dry curd cottage cheese. I like it plain or with a little sea salt, super low in cals too. 2T (32 g)=15 calories, no fat, 3g prot, 1g carb.
    I love sweet potatoes topped with 2T dry curd cottage cheese + 1 teaspoon nonfat Kefir (plain). Good with sea salt, spinach, and grilled chicken.
    I like sour, savory, salty recipes, so if you need ideas let me know. I think I am the only one who doesn't like anything sweet :p

Sorry, I assume this is probably here somewhere, but thought I would include it with this thread anyway.

http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=23

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007