Suggestions for cottage cheese.

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by pkralev, Jul 13, 2007.

1. pkralev

pkralev New Member

Hi there,
    This is my first week on the program and so far so good, it really is too much food to get through. But i'm not a huge fan of eating cottage cheese on its own. One of the meals is whey protein, natural peanut butter and 125g cottage cheese. Now i tried to mix all this and make it into a mousse, but it taste that good (my brain was thinking this is cottage cheese not mousse).
    Does anyone have any good suggestions as to other ways i can eat it?
    TIA.

2. ritzgal

ritzgal Well-Known Member

:popcorn:

3. Mols

Mols My BFF

Have you tried blending it all? I have the same meal on my plan and I either just drink the whey with water and eat the CC with the PB (nuke both and mix until a little bit warm and gooey...yum) or else I will throw it all in the blender with about 8oz water and have a little shake. A usually put cinnamon in if I do it that way.

4. kelster

kelster ...

sorry as i have no great suggestions... this is by far my fave meal of the day!! just mix the three and :yum:

:shhh: actually you can blend it all and then freeze it - might be able to trick ur brain into thinking its ice cream if you do that... :shrug:

5. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

Ask Noel, she loves the stuff! :lol3:

6. pkralev

pkralev New Member

I'm going to give zapping it in the microwave a shot, and then i''''m going to try freezing (mmmmm ice-cream.....well sort of).
    Thanks for the replies.

7. ladybug

ladybug Member

mix the cc and pp with a bit of sf/ff pudding mix or sf flavoured syrup....if you don't like the texture of cc you can whip it up with a hand blender to make is smooth and creamy....also search for the recipes for cc/pp "ice cream"

pb is best savored all on its own:girly:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  8. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

Blend it and freeze it. Good stuff.

Also, different brands of cc taste different. You may need to play around.

9. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

My pb never makes it into anything. It is indeed best on its own.

That said, i asked to have my cottage cheese doubled sans the PP (i dont like the PP concoction) and then i add sliced almonds in stead of pb.

Cinn
    (opt) splenda tho i dont sweeten.

I LOVE cottage cheese tho plain.

10. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

bahahahaha

I cracked up at this Gary...i was sitting there reading it and thinking YUCK me too and then read your post...hahaha

11. Lyn

Lyn 2nd String Bench Warmer

:funny: I knew you'd have a comment about this.

I thought about you when I was at Walmart. Now they have bacon flavored Spam and I remembered your comment "Meat should not come in a can people, meat should not come in a can." :ban:

12. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

:lol3: :lol3:

My advice was going to be...don't eat it...it has CURDLED people :barf:

As for the spam...OMG nasty. :lol:

13. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

'Ew, it's spoilt!!!!' -- AUTiger

:funny:

14. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

Erik made it while he was here...that nasty mixture and I tasted it...oh my...so bad.

He put in it: PP(cookies and cream), peanut butter, splenda, and BLUEBERRIES(ths one threw me..it sure does not go with the rest!!!) He said"mmmm isn't it so good" :ban::chairshot: I couldn't get that taste out fast enough.

:lol3:

15. ladybug

ladybug Member

:barf: I tried the cookies and cream blended with some cc the other day....gross...and the above concoction is just wrong, wrong wrong:dope:

16. RunGVegas

RunGVegas New Member

newbie here...to the board, not to the lifestyle.

I will confess, I am a cottage cheese freak. Probably go through 4-5 cartons of the stuff each week. I keep them at home and at work. And yes, I get crazy looks and comments about how my PP-and-CC breakfast looks like monkey barf. YUM...haha.

I usually mix my CC with Lean Dessert banana creme pudding PP and a tablespoon of natty almond butter. Either that or some sort of Smucker's Sugar-free jam (raspberry is really good) and a half-teaspoon of hershey's dark chocolate cocoa powder (the unsweetened kind). Chocolate-raspberry...not the prettiest, but it works for me.

17. sparrow

sparrow New Member

Oh my gosh, I just tried this and it was freaking awesome. Thank you so much!!

18. BSNJunkie

BSNJunkie Bleeds Purple

I like PVL cookies and cream with cottage cheese, pb splenda or SF Torani Vanilla blended with ice and a spnnkle of xantham gum to thicken. No blue berries though that really doesn't seem to fit. A half a banana might be good if I could have banana's but I can't.

19. SusanF

SusanF Enjoying wedded bliss

:ditto: It's like dessert before bed!

20. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

Don't ever move to Hawaii...I swear they love the crap- including my husband!!! I will not ALLOW that crap in the house.