Sucker for CRUNCHY!

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Amy1984, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

Hi fitness friends. I know what my weakness is...anything CRUNCHY! Chips, popcorn, crackers, even baby carrots can do the trick. I think that's why I order Suzie's Thin Cakes at least once a month so I always have enough in stock because the thought of running out and having to eat somethign else for my post-workout meal is DEVASTATING...I'm not trying to be dramatic, that's for real :)

And obviously I love volume too. So 5 Dorritos wouldn't satisfy me.

Does anyone have any snack ideas or yummie things that are voluminous AND crunchy? Any ideas or tips would be appreciated. Not looking to replace my Thin Cakes that's for sure...but wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few other options I could incorporate with other meals.

Thanks Guys and Gals!

Amy

2. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

I'm the same way. It's probably not going to be as much volume but pretzels do the trick for me. And I've seen popped corn thats crunchy but I've never tried it so I have no idea the taste or volume.

3. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

Puffed* corn

4. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

Hi ladies...I know that nuts for a healthy fat works great for me. I enjoy the crunchiness of almonds. I prefer PB for my fat source, but when I want crunchy, nuts do the trick!!! :) Also, kale chips are pretty awesome for crunch!

5. Emma

Emma Member

I go for savoury crunchy for my post workouts, I've been eating various brands of popped chips (I am sure you have them over there too), basically potato or corn chips but instead of fried they are air popped. I don't know how they do it but the volume is good, I usually fill a cereal bowl with them and I get 45-60 grams depending on what my current PWO calorie allowance is.

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

THe Suzie cakes are my pwo.

Fresh veggies like celery, peppers, green beans instead of cooked for veggie portion.
    carrots for starch
    Fruit tend to go with apple
    Crisp Lettuce wedge

7. Inatic

from FB page

Popcorn

8. Maggieb14

Maggieb14 Member

Can you sub Suzie's cakes for a regular carb such as rice or potatoes?

9. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

can air popped pop corn be added to LBC calculator?

10. Inatic

yes

Dont see why not.