Strut That Stuff (tips for hooker heels)

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Blondell, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

Strut That Stuff by Shelly Pinkerton

It’s showtime. You've trained hard, stuck to your diet, and picked out the perfect suits. Your tan looks rich and deep and your hair and makeup are just right. Everything seems set to go…until you step into those 4+-inch heels and take a couple of teetering steps.
    Oh, those shoes! Ridiculously tall and hopelessly campy, there's no denying they're the icing on the presentation cake – what else can show your legs and glutes in such elegant lines? But to walk gracefully and with confidence in these shoes is a whole ‘nother ballgame. Too many times we see girls tiptoeing, mincing, shuffling, clomping – pick the verb you like – and looking like they have no place on that stage. Well, don't worry. It IS possible to learn how to walk in these skyscraper heels. Here's a few things I've learned – hope it helps!

First and foremost, pick a shoe that actually straps to your foot. I know the mules (or slides) are sexy, and easy to slip on and off, but therein lies the problem; sliding on and off! If your shoes are actually anchored to your foot, with a low ankle strap, you will not risk falling off them. Also, there will be no clomping or slapping of the shoe against your foot. There is nothing more distracting than shoes making noise on stage. As far as the sexy factor goes, shoes with straps are still very sexy, and the straps are clear so they don't break up the line of your legs and feet.

Second, make sure the shoes fit snugly – even a half-size smaller than you normally wear. The clear plastic over your instep and the straps will stretch, especially around your warm foot, so they will mold to your feet without being too tight. Also, if your feet sweat, a more snug fit will cut down on sliding and slipping in the shoe.
    Third, if your shoes are new, scuff the bottoms of them with sand paper or on a rough surface (sidewalk or driveway works well), so the bottoms are not slick and you can get some traction.
    Fourth, and most importantly, practice your walking and posing in them A LOT; practice on all different types of surfaces – tile, hardwood flooring, carpet, and, if possible, hard padding, since this is similar to a lot of stage surfaces put down for competitions. There is a technique to walking, as well. As you step forward, release your hips and let them roll side-to-side with each stride, maintaining good posture you're your shoulders back and your chest lifted and, and using your core strength to help balance. Let your arms swing naturally at your sides with energy and confidence, being careful not to get too exaggerated.

A good package is a good package, but a winning presentation exudes confidence and self-assurance, and these characteristics become immediately apparent when a competitor is in command of the stage with her walk and posing. Taking the time to work on these technical aspects can make the difference between “honorable mention” and taking home the trophy!

2. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

good info

I found my hookers heels really comfy but they became second nature to being bare foot for me by the time I stepped on stage.

3. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

Well, I work in my 'hooker' heels...:lol:
    so, no probs for me there. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. DarkAnimal73

DarkAnimal73 I pity Da Fools

Bragger...........oh my god look at that Avi!!!!!!!!

5. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

:yeahthat: I can't rep her for it yet :ban:

6. Patricia

:oops:

7. DarkAnimal73

DarkAnimal73 I pity Da Fools

I cant rep anyone right now...I always give rep for being smokin hot..then when I want to give rep for a good post ....I cant:shock:

8. char-dawg

char-dawg Mr. Observant

Oh, shut up. You konw you've got it going on. I saw your sig and the "hooker heels" title and was in here like Flynn's leer. :lol:

ETA: That's a pretty good member title, too. ;)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  9. Patricia

:lol:
    Thanks.
    I thought it was kinda witty.

10. char-dawg

char-dawg Mr. Observant

When I first saw it I read it as "Cante Lever" and thought it was some kind of new sex position. Can't imagine why I would be distracted enough to read it like that, or in that way... :scratch:

11. Patricia

:finger: Such a dirty mind.

12. Juliamac

Juliamac New Member

Had to come on here after a name like "Tips for Hooker-Heels!"

Haven't got mine yet but when I do I'll b sure to be prancing around like a pro hahaha

13. kaiZEN

kaiZEN New Member

Where is the best place to buy these heels?

14. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

15. tracy1926

tracy1926 New Member

My feet are so oddly shaped I had to go to a male stripper shop!! Yikes.
    Actually it was really fun. The guys that worked there were very nice. Kinda fun actually!!