Splenda

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by funnyesq, Jul 24, 2006.

1. ChristineD

ChristineD makin' a come back

on the topic of artifical sweetners...does anyone use the sugar free syrups?

i have the odd shot put into my coffee as a "Treat"

i was considering buying some - not sure if they are treated the same way by the body as splenda..

so would these syrups be considered good or bad?

ive read and haerd that they can play havoc on ones stomach - but as far as i know there arent any sugar alcohols in them and thats the only thing that really gets my stomach sicker then a dog

2. BlueTuna

BlueTuna Fish Aficionado

According to CalorieKing 1/4 cup (100g) = 125 cals and 46.4g carbs.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  3. VannaRae

VannaRae Member

from the Splenda website......

With the inclusion of maltodextrin in SPLENDA® Granular, a cup of SPLENDA® Granular has 96 calories and 24 grams of carbohydrates compared to the 770 calories and 192 grams of carbohydrates found in a cup of sugar.

With the inclusion of both dextrose and maltodextrin in SPLENDA® packets, 1 packet has 2 calories and 0.5 grams of carbohydrates.

The small amount of calories in the SPLENDA® Granular and Packet products come from the presence of some common, natural food ingredients in these products. These ingredients, maltodextrin, for example, give SPLENDA® the necessary bulk so it can be used like sugar, but with only 1/8 sugar's calories.

4. BlueTuna

BlueTuna Fish Aficionado

Huh? They're totally different figures from CalorieKing. I wonder why? :unsure:

On the plus side, Splenda is less fattening than I thought. On the minus side, now I'll have to recalculate all my recipes. :sadface:

5. Ali

Ali Senior Member

Holy crap...I am a Splenda addict, too. :blush: I eat waaaaaaaaaaaaay freaking too much of this crap. I didn't know it had CALORIES! NO SHIT! Taking this out of my diet will drop me a pound a week. (not really, but it will help). I was planning on dropping it, anyway, but this is all the incentive I need. :bitch:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  6. GraceGirl

GraceGirl His Beautiful Paradox

If that's your current condition in your avie, you don't need to drop a pound a week!! You look great!! :) But I :love: Splenda too!!

7. Ali

Ali Senior Member

The picture was this spring, but that's me within a pound or so (under)...but I do need to drop some fat...contest in 6 weeks!

Thank you, though. :love:

8. CraveMuscle

CraveMuscle Active Member

:pimpslap:

you ARE contest lean.

9. Ali

Ali Senior Member

:lol3: I am not! :pimpslap:

You cannot see my fat ASS!

10. Erik

Erik Admin

I have the pics, and I haven't seen it either ... since it's not there. :ban:

11. Ali

Ali Senior Member

:haha: :lies:

But,
    :blush:

12. Cindy Day

Cindy Day Well-Known Member

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Told you so, told you so. :flipa: :lol3:

13. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Yeah that!

Ali we've been tellin ya that for how long. ;)