Social Support Networks

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Erik, Mar 15, 2007.

1. dolce

dolce Member

living a healthy lifestyle is just difficult.period.
    not so much in the training part but in the nutrition.
    its hard when my family is eating pizza, or cookies, or "any" junk food
    that i cant have, and sometimes i get upset and am so ready to give up.
    and then you come on here and wonder how its so easy for everyone to stick with it, but yet its so hard for you.
    and you wonder if anyone in here doesnt also have the urge that you have and just ready to binge at times.
    in that sense, yes i can understand how you can feel thet some people in here are full of it.

i just had that urge a few minutes ago, the urge to binge and it over powered me.
    i binged.
    i had 10 pretzels, and that is binging to me:(

2. mich56

mich56 Well-Known Member

Most of my family just didn't understand what I was doing before. But I keep doing it, and it is paying off. In recent years I would usually cave when offered dessert after the third time of being asked. Now I do not. And I am getting the respect I deserve. I have explained my goals to each of my immediate family members and they are now rallying behind me. They don't know the whole scheme of things, but they don't need to know ALL of the details.

It is important to my success, yes. Knowing that they are behind me feels good.

It has helped me. Seeing that others go through the same things I do is beneficial.

3. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

I think that everyone has those feelings. ok well, maybe not Ileen :)lol:) But this is not easy. I guess I can only speak for myself though. I want to eat out..I miss things like chinese food and M&Ms and I have times where I just say forget this....so I am not sure I understand the people are full of it part.

4. Fitwolf

Fitwolf Esta mi!

awesome! I want big girl muscles!

Another thing about this board (in particular) is that it really helps to see that there are people out there who ARE sucessful in meeting their physique goals. It is possible.

5. donnajo

donnajo Feeling Strong!

I think everyone has the urge to cheat. I want to participate some times with others and have what they are having. I find that this is a great place to go for reinforcement. I also have a lot of help from my husband because he supports me and does not let me give in to temptation. But yes I think everyone finds it hard at times.

6. Ali

Ali Senior Member

:lub: Ileen. :funny:

Noel...WTH. This does not pertain to the thread. Quit it with the Chinese and M&M's. :funny:

:lub:, too.

I want Jelly Bellies.

7. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

ALI!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :ban:
    You owe me a new computer now that I spewed water all over this one!

LMAO :funny:

8. dolce

dolce Member

m&m's :cheat:

9. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

It's not hard to stick with providing you keep focussed on your goal.
    Plenty of people here have the urge to binge and talk about it freely. They also talk about their struggles when they actually binge.
    10 pretzels isn't bingeing anymore than the off-plan muffin I ate today was. I enjoyed it and I didn't feel guilty or beat myself up for eating it. I just got back on plan as of the next meal.

10. Cass

Cass Well-Known Member

Meh, what's the big deal with those?

11. dolce

dolce Member

true. id rather have a big burger with fries:popcorn:

12. Brandi

Brandi old school

Not really. My BF does. not. get why I want to lift teh heavy weights. He is uneducated and thinks heavy lifting = looking like a man. :sad: But now, I pretty much don't give a shit what he thinks. If he doesn't like that facet of my life leave. :shrug: Would you rather I work out and take care of myself or be a fat cow or party all the time...?

I do have some very best friends at the gym and of course on these online forums and until just this week didn't realize how much they could help me along my path. :love:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

You obviously have never seen how many I can eat :hehe:

14. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

Can I just borrow a teenie tinie part of your brain?

15. dolce

dolce Member

honestly, its not hard to stick with it, but doesnt mean i dont want to eat what others do.
    as far as the pretzels, that was a small joke ( although i did have them)
    but heck after working w/erik for months and sticking to my plan, i dont beat up myself over it.

16. Erik

Erik Admin

:popcorn:

17. Cass

Cass Well-Known Member

If you can buy it in the check out lane at Walmart for fifty cents, how can it be worth eating? :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Erik

Erik Admin

:lol3: :lol3:

19. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

You are buying the wrong size bag

:funny: :funny:

20. dolce

dolce Member

:lol3: