Signals for improved metabolism?

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by traumarn1, Nov 2, 2014.

1. traumarn1

traumarn1 New Member

I am just curious. As I eat towards maintenance(which for me is near 3000 calories and frankly I have no clue how I will ever manage that2600 is just about killing me) anyhow, I am working toward maintenance and curious if there is some type of signal or sign people will get as their system starts to respond. I don't get hungry. Ever. I attribute that to eating twice as many calories as I had been. I am just curious as to how/if we can tell progress.

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Go slow.. Stay at that level and see if the gaining stops.. If so try to increase again..

3. traumarn1

traumarn1 New Member

Is it wrong that i want to wear a shirt that says "i'm repairing my metabolism....I really am" and SCREAM from the rooftops that I CAN EAT 2600 CALORIES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE EVER that i can remember. It's craziness.

4. Inatic

Nope!

:clap:

5. traumarn1

traumarn1 New Member

I have been eating between 2800-3000 calories for just over 3 weeks. This particular level has been, what feels like my tipping point. I have definitely gained some unfavorable mass. 2 questions.....3000 was my target maintenance for where I started at 208. Do you chase all the extra lbs on the scale or just use your starting weight as your maintenance? Second, how long do you have someone at a calorie level when they are gaining weekly? Just let it go? Have a time frame in which it should slow? I way outside my spectrum of knowledge. Currently just at 2months on the waitlist......and getting ANTSY!!!!!

6. Inatic

if you started at 208 continue with that as your 'start wt'. or whatever that wt was that you started increasing from.

Is the gaining slowing down?
    If you can handle staying there a wee longer I'd do try to hang in.

7. traumarn1

traumarn1 New Member

it has not slowed. I will work on hanging on. Thank you.

8. Inatic

what weight were you at when you first start increasing?