shoes

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by Olivia, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Olivia

Olivia New Member

I just took a part time job where I'm on my feet the whole time while walking on a cement floor. My feet and lower back are killing me. I've been wearing a pair of gel asics but they are not giving me enough support. Do any of you ladies or gents have any suggestions on shoes that offer great support. They don't have to be cute, though that helps :)

2. Emma

Emma Member

Running shoes are very absorbent and supportive, I am not sure what else to suggest.

When I was a student I worked as a checkout chick, my legs would ache after a long shift. As daggy as it sounds I stated wearing support stockings which did help.

If you are wearing pants perhaps try some knee high support socks, like the flight socks you can get from the chemist.

3. Olivia

Olivia New Member

I never thought about support socks. Great idea and much cheaper then buying a new pair of shoes too.

4. counter15

counter15 New Member

I had the same problem as you even worse because there were blisters all underneath my feet as a result of a boot that I used to put on. As someone stated, I'd suggest you to buy running shoes. You'll be surprise to find out what a relief you'll get.

5. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

Custom made orthotics. It's like walking on a pillow.

6. Acschroeder

Acschroeder New Member

Have you ever tried Dansko's? A LOT of nurses, doctors wear these. You may want to give them a try. Not the most stylish things in the world, but they are heaven on the feet!