Rumble Roller

Discussion in 'Training' started by Erik, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Erik

Erik Admin

I just got one of these bad ass 'foam rollers' today and immediately gave it a try. Talk about a massive difference b/w this and my white foam roller. I actually feel something with this one.

Expensive, but I think I'll like it.

http://www.rumbleroller.com/

[​IMG]

2. Erik

Erik Admin

Common Foam Rollers Compress Soft Tissue
    Physical therapists, trainers, and athletes use foam rollers to relieve muscular pain and tightness (often called "adhesions", "knots", or "trigger points"). But conventional foam rollers have smooth, hard surfaces that further compress soft tissue. Rolling on top of them improves blood flow and tissue flexibility, but the effect is limited and relatively superficial, unless you spend a lot of time rolling.

The RumbleRoller was created to perform this therapy more effectively. The RumbleRoller Manipulates Soft Tissue - Like a Massage Therapist!

The surface of the RumbleRoller contains 200 specially designed "bumps". The bumps are firm, but flexible, much like the thumbs of a massage therapist.

As you roll over the top of the RumbleRoller, the bumps continuously knead the contours of your body, gently stretching soft tissue (muscle and fascia) in multiple directions. This action erodes trigger points, helps restore flexibility, and brings quick relief to common types of muscular pain. By design, the RumbleRoller's bumps are firmer than muscle tissue, but much softer than bone, so they deflect out of the way if they contact your spine or other bony protrusions.

Through simple techniques, you can control the amount of pressure the bumps apply to your body. The bumps are closely spaced to one another (< 2" apart), so several of them simultaneously contact your body during most exercises. However, with a slight shift of your body, you can reduce your area of contact with the RumbleRoller, which increases pressure and provides deeper, more penetrating relief.

Add Another Dimension to Your Foam Roller Program

The RumbleRoller's massaging action can be further intensified by changing your movement from a back-and-forth rolling motion to a side-to-side rocking motion. That's because the RumbleRoller's bumps have an asymmetrical shape that allows them to flex more easily in one direction. During rolling movements (i.e. the most common roller exercises, with the roller moving beneath you), the bumps flex relatively easily, and provide a wiping-type massage pressure. However, if you rock from side-to-side toward the RumbleRoller's ends, the bumps are forced to flex in a direction in which they're designed to be somewhat (about 30%) stiffer. This creates a deeper "digging" pressure.

This rocking technique nearly doubles the number of ways you can use a foam roller. It's especially effective for penetrating dense tissue like that of your calves, as well as hard-to-roll areas like your upper lats and even your neck. For specific details, please see our Techniques page.

The RumbleRoller Outlasts Conventional Foam Rollers
    Before creating the RumbleRoller, we spent years studying other foam rollers, and testing many different types of advanced polymers. Our material research resulted in a product that has several times the strength and tear resistance of conventional rollers, has a wonderful feel, permanently retains its straight shape, and is guaranteed to outlast and outperform any foam roller that you've ever tried.

The RumbleRoller is also water-proof and latex free.

The RumbleRoller Even Protects Against Bacterial Transmission
    For the benefit of clinicians and trainers that use the RumbleRoller with multiple clients, we also molded in an antimicrobial additive that stops the growth of bacteria. This antibacterial protection is maintained regardless of how many times the RumbleRoller is used or cleaned.

The RumbleRoller has a smooth, nonporous surface that repels most dirt. Simply wipe it down as needed with soap and water or any common household cleaner.

Learn More About the RumbleRoller
    Visit our Comparison page to see how the RumbleRoller compares to other types of massage tools, or visit our Testimonials page to read the opinions of experienced athletes, trainers, and physical therapists.

Ready to Rumble?

3. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

Awesome!! I want one!!

4. IlPirata

IlPirata Well-Known Member

DO WANT!

5. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Cool. Sold!

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

i didnt feel much with my white one..this looks neat!

looks like it hurts too!?

7. Erik

Erik Admin

My white one feels like a waste of time except for a few tender spots.

But rolling my back? Nada. Rolling my back on this? :bannana:

8. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

:yeahthat: Looks like a torture device. :lol:

9. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

I love a deep tissue massage and a massage that works pin -pointed areas and this looks like it would be perfect for a replacement for paying a massage therapist whenever I needed a good massage!

10. Erik

Erik Admin

I really like it.

11. glassmmam

glassmmam Well-Known Member

Not too badly priced at Amazon.com :thumb:

Dear Santa,

Please bring me one...

Thank you!!

12. Denise

Denise Member

Does it come with a "how to" video or book on the different ways you can use it?

13. Inatic

14. Erik

Erik Admin

:bump:

Love this thing.

15. Melody Clere

Melody Clere IFBB PRO

:wavesad: long time no post eh?

I am asking Santa one for Christmas.

The white ones we have at my gym are worn out and they barely do anything.

16. IlPirata

IlPirata Well-Known Member

Its on my to-do list. Aparently I can get one in Burlingame next time i drive up the peninsula.

17. Inatic

Hi Melody!

It reminds me of those Bumble balls (kids toy) wtih the 'lumps and bumps'

My upper back can reallllllllllllly use this.. Wouldnt it be cool if it vibrated like the likes bumble balls do.... ever see one.. that would be massaging :D

18. Sandy

Sandy Well-Known Member

I need to buy a roller. I only have a short foam roller and that doesn't work for all the exercises I want to do.

Can the rumble roller be used in place of a foam roller or are there times when you would want the foam roller instead?

(Just checked the price. Expensive! Almost $100 with shipping. :faint:)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  19. Melody Clere

Melody Clere IFBB PRO

:wave: Hey lady how's it goin?

20. Melody Clere

Melody Clere IFBB PRO

I got one for Christmas! :yahoo:

I gotta get use to it this freakin thing hurts.