Refeeds: Not So Obvious Fat lLoss Mistake, Not doing Structured Refeeds

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Inatic, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Bringing this over from Fb. There is some good information in the comments section too.. search Notes section, on February 26, 2011

2. Inatic

Structured Refeeds part 2

continued:posted Monday, February 28, 2011 at 9:23am

3. JenBower

JenBower New Member

thanks for (re)posting this Inatic!
    I've been considering trying some refeeds, just didn't know how/when to start. If I read it correctly, is maintenance 14-15x bw? For the short refeeds 5/6hrs would you do the 2-5xbw for carbs or is that for a full refeed or do I stick with the 100-150g range? Again, with the short refeeds, is that 5-6hr with a preworkout and postworkout meal? Also when you have a refeed day, do you do anything different the day before, say skip your pwo carbs? I have so much to learn & I know it's by trial & error.
    Thank you again!

4. AmyLevinger

AmyLevinger New Member

Genius :) Bravo. Thanks to whoever wrote this. We all have to go where we have to go to learn what we need to get where we are but I am sure glad I made it here.

5. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Great post! Full of interesting information.

6. JB1976

JB1976 New Member

So For someone new, who has been programmed under 1200 calories for 3 months, would you suggest maintenance calories for 2 weeks, or would you up the carbs and do the refeed fisrt?

Thanks In Advance

Jody:sadcry:

7. Inatic

you want to go up slowly. Id do maintenance first..(depending on how low you were eating for your body/wt etc... or even lower than maint, then increase.

8. JB1976

JB1976 New Member

Thanks Ileen,

I have been slowly adding :) I am worried about the scale change, but need to remind myself that my body needs this fuel

Jody

9. chrissy

chrissy New Member

Thanks for the info.....I am reading as much as I can from this forum to start implementing my eating plan whilst I wait for "that email". So Ileen, you think I should do 12 x BW, and see how I go before introducing refeeds?

10. liz jennings

liz jennings New Member

After weeks of not dropping weight, I turned to this forum for a suggestion and came across this thread. I've implemented a refeed in the past two weeks. Wow. It worked!!!! I didn't check the scale coz that thing was driving me nuts, but my weightlifting belt now hooks on the 4th notch. Prior to my refeeds, it hooked on the 3rd notch. And I can def see changes in the mirror. I'm much leaner now!!! Yay!!! :)

11. chrissy

chrissy New Member

Great work Liz!!! I might introduce it when I hit a plateau. I plan on starting my own "plan" within the next couple of days ie. 12 x BW, and see how I go after 2 weeks, then go from there....

12. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

Great post, thanks :)

13. jamistar77

jamistar77 Well-Known Member

Refeeds are just awesome! They helped me get leaner than I ever thought possible! Refeeds along with strict adherence to plan that is ;)

14. Todan

Todan New Member

What is the longest you should stay at % macros? I am not looking to lose more weight I just want to tighten up a bit more. I do controlled refeeds but not sure how long I should stay at these macros b4 doing a maintenance?

15. Inatic

Only you know that.. To tighten up a bit would still be lose fat, no? That can still affect the number on the scale.

If you are satisfied or need a break, then go to maintenance.

16. missashleighjo

missashleighjo Member

I carb cycle now from a previous trainer while I'm on CWT's wait list. I think on my "high" days my intake is around 1850 cals. I think I'm gonna try upping my cals to 2000 not 14-15xbw because that jump may be too big. I'm wanting to stay away from the scale because I've realized it just messes with my mind. Using the formula Erik gave that would put me at 150 carbs 71 fat and 190 protein. The protein and fat seem high. I normally eat 187 protein. On low carb day I eat 60 fat. Should I up the protein and lower the fat in that equation to still equal out to 2000 cals? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

17. Inatic

Depending on how long your wait is for CWT, you might ask if going to maintenance for a few weeks might be a good idea.. taking a break for a bit.

18. missashleighjo

missashleighjo Member

Ileen I did email her and we've sent a few back and forth and I'm waiting on her response. I thought it was awesome for her to offer me advice even though I'm only on her wait list. A lot of coaches won't do that. I've messed with my numbers a little and took my protein to 1.2xbw. So now I have 201 pro 150 carb and 66 fat. I think that's a little better. Wish me luck. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for your response. You seem pretty helpful/knowledgeable on these forums!

19. Chicky9914

Chicky9914 Member

Agreed on the structure...map out a plan with the macros, get a few of your favorite carb sources and stick to the plan. Amazing how good being in control feels while still getting a nice full belly. Depending on how long it is (5-12 hours), I love having home made sweet potato fries with or some gluten-free pasta.

20. Pixietoes

Pixietoes New Member

Great thread. Finished a competition in early November, and I know I need to work on my leanness, but I know its time to take a break so maintenance it is.