PWO Meals

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Erik, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Emma

Emma Member

I moved on from sweet to savoury a while ago, I found having sweet stuff in the house was too tempting.

I've been cycling between various flavours of those low fat popped potato chips and corn chips (normally called corners) that you can get now, either cheesy, BBQ or sour cream and chives. They are so airy that they really fill a bowl and give a good illusion of volume

2. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

OMG I just had Fruit Loops PWO! D-LISH! I haven't had Fruit Loops since I've been a kid.. :-D

3. FirePrincess80

FirePrincess80 Member

I had rice crispy cocoas with 1% skim milk.. SO NOMS!!=-D Made me a very very very happy girl.
    You know how they have those tv co mmercials of the skinny people eating ONE dove chocolate square? (And in the back of my mind I'm like..YEA...RIGHT!! I'd be scarfing em down like a rabid wolf) I felt like that. I had my portion, I was giggly.. and I sat down to watch The Big Bang Theory while I enjoyed my meal. H.E.A.V.E.N!!!!!

4. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

I found Quinoa Cocoa Cereal... YUM and I can have LOTS.. so tomorrow its on my PWO plan.. OH YEAH! :happy05:

5. tlange

tlange New Member

I typically like a skinny cow ice cream sandwich, but it's way too cold for it right now. Today will be chocolate chex with a few marshmallows.

6. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

Lucky Charms cereal is on the menu today and I bought reduced fat Frozen Yogurt -Nanimo Bar flavoured for tomorrow. YUM!

7. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

I have one cup of almond milk on my plan so I just add that into the cereal.

8. SG12G

SG12G New Member

I had one coconut milk ice cream sandwich and it was WONDERFUL!!! And then later I realized I could have had two! :blink:

9. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

PWO: Scored Peanut Butter cheerios today and of course my usual Maynard Assorted Liquorice, YUM!
    Along with my protein powder and almond milk :)

10. NicoleC

NicoleC New Member

I sometimes love to have fruit toast - 2 pieces with a scraping of butter. Yumm! but I do worry about the fruit in the toast. Is this allowed?
    My PWO meal plans calls for any low fat carb up to 50g carb not exceeding 250 calories -

Or i like to indulge in some museli clusters with low fat milk

11. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

it's fine. ike say Ezekiel raisin or toast with som jam..

you want to watch and make sure the fat is less than 5g if you do museli..

12. MissyG

MissyG Member

Some of my "go to's" are chocolate Popped cakes, whole wheat bagels and CEREAL! Cereal usually wins for me. Hello Golden Grahams.

13. Smvanderwb

Smvanderwb New Member

Just found one that is 200 cal and 40 g of carbs.... About 17 pieces of mini wheats cereal. Might depend on the brand... I have the kind in the bag, Sally's. Or 7 of these mini wheats and one package of Special K cookies and cream pastry crisps. At 100 cal, 20 carbs and 2 g fat. With your protein of course!!!

14. YYCgirl

YYCgirl New Member

Thank you

15. LBC Coach Mark Young

LBC Coach Mark Young New Member

I have discovered an incredible black cherry frozen yogurt for PWO. So incredible!

16. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

Coach Ileen...I started making your protein ice cream that you posted on LBC's PB page...OMGosh...what a GREAT recipe!!! I use smores Trutein right now. Took a couple tries to get the consistency, but so MUCH volume! Mix with cereal or on a sugar cone...its heaven really :) Thanks!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Inatic

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Inatic

• Like Like x 1
  19. shep67gs

shep67gs New Member

I love the options! Thanks for some ideas of food that I didn't even think about using as PWO.

20. TLW_99

TLW_99 New Member

Hi All!
    This is my first post. I am loving all of the PWO meal ideas. I thought I was going to have a tough time with it, but now I'm excited with all of the options.
    Quick question: How soon after your workout should you consume your PWO meal? I typically take in the protein shake immediately after. Do I need to have the carbs within a given time frame?
    Thanks,
    Tam