PSMF

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by sweetpea_123, Oct 24, 2006.

1. sweetpea_123

sweetpea_123 Active Member

I was wondering if eating like this can make you feel depressed. I am not sure if it is the diet or my shoulder injury. :shrug: Additionally, I am feeling irritable and super-crabby. I am in my third week of PSMF. Maybe it's getting to me. I feel tired so I find myself swilling coffee all day long. :coffee: Today, I didn't even feel hungry! Something is just off.

2. liberty

liberty Active Member

Are you pregnant? That is almost exactly how I feel when I am knocked up like something is just off.
    C

3. Gidget

Gidget Rack Snack

When I did PSMF eventually I stopped feeling hungry. It was more of a dull awareness. I was also the Bitch From Hell. Everybody and everything pissed me off. I was fine once I finished PSMF and went back to eating normally. Hang in there! :console:

4. sweetpea_123

sweetpea_123 Active Member

:shock:
    For a second, I was like, "Am I?"

No. That is one thing I can cross of the list.

5. KatieB

KatieB Fake It Until You Make It

I made it exactly one week on PSMF.

It sucks, it is going to make you miserable and cranky and uncomfortable. You are going to feel "off" because you are not eating.

So you can either accept feeling like crap for the duration, or stop the diet. I don't think there is enough multivitamin or EC in the world to counteract it.

:shrug:

6. VannaRae

VannaRae Member

If you are on week three you are a Cat. 2 dieter, right? So you are doing your free meal and refeed, right?

7. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

Yes. Carbohydrates increase levels of serotonin in the brain, and decreasing them can bring you down.

Not that unusual.

8. jrb1980

jrb1980 Well-Known Member

yep. very common which is why I can't handle PSMF - I am crazy enough as it is.

9. magdalynaa

magdalynaa Jabber Jaws

I'm typically fine for about 5 days, and then I go nuts. I've made it for two weeks before I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I'm a pussy. :shrug:

10. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

It took me a long time to understand the connection between doing a very low-carb diet for about 2 years and being on St John's Wort (an OTC anti-depressant supplemt) all the time .. plus being all of a sudden in need of either eating dark chocolate or cocoa every single day.

Now I upped my carbs (eat them in TKD style mostly) I'm feeling tons better.. and actually have pretty decent results (as long as I don't pig out too much on my cheat days)

Eating both low-fat & low-carb is a hell of an uncomfortable diet. Going low in either fat or either carbs works much better. Granted, the results *can* be faster with PSMF but even that isn't true for everyone. At least not for those whose metabolism tanks quickly.

11. KatieB

I lost all of a pound on PSMF for a week -- sooooo not worth it when I've managed 1-2/wk on much more food and much LESS misery :D.

12. Espi

Isn't it amazing how some people refuse to recognize this is true for quite a lot of people? By now I've really lost track of the stories from esp. women that report to have better fat loss on higher calories.

I wished I could prove my point but when I dieted the foolish way, I'd invariably be in the outback (no scale, no nothing) or too ill to track. And now, there's no way how they can make me suffer that much voluntarily when staying at home and preparing my own foods.

My very latest extreme 'diet' was when I was extremely ill and unable to eat. Guess what it brought me? 4 kg weight loss in 2 weeks of which only 1 kg fat. No thanks, never again!

13. Aaron_F

Aaron_F A Grade Asshat

oh you mean like gaining fat on 600kcals and losing 28grams of fat in a month?

14. Espi

Pulling that one out of your ass, aren't you Aaron?

Back when I underate/overexercised I never tracked, but you can compute later on... and 2 cans of tuna plus odds and ends don't amount to much more than 1000 kcal.
    Cycling for over 6 hrs in a mountainous area should make one burn over 3000 kcal..
    Caloric deficit is huge enough to lose a couple of kgs/week. Never happened. Oh, yes, I'd lose 4 kg in just one week and then wham.. nothing more.

So, do NOT make fun of my current process of calculating both intake and fat loss, OK? That's an entirely different matter and precisely a result of these frustrating low-calorie periods.

15. Aaron_F

Aaron_F A Grade Asshat

Pulling it out of my ass?

so your denying commenting on people gaining with 600kcals a day

and your the one who claimed 28grams of fat loss in 30days

and the same person complaining about excessive binging and while not losing weight?

whats that about pulling what outta what?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  16. Espi

Well, I certainly wasn't bingeing during those long periods abroad. There's little bingeing to be done in the Australian Outback, in Cuba, or in distant places of Mexico.
    And yes, I'm the one who measures fat gain/loss now. That's called maintaining Kiwiboy!
    Ever heard about temporary thyroid problems, viz. getting a lowered thyroid output when going on a low-calorie diet?
    Precisely because I had no clue about what actually was going on, I'm tracking intake and body composition now.. what's wrong with that approach?

17. KatieB

:confused:

18. Aaron_F

Aaron_F A Grade Asshat

I suggest you visit the local physiology department of a university, they will be most happy to find a person that can create energy from nothing. Or even better, the engineering department, as htey could end up powering Europe using one Mars bar

Maintaining is not altering your position.

Tis funny that only a few weeks ago you were harrassing people that they should be focussing on being healthy, yet your obsessing to the point of measuring grams of fat loss. How is that healthy?

Of course I have heard lowered hormonal output via caloric restriction. Ive also heard of magic nose goblins, but without evidence that you have suffered any of it, what does that imply?

Tracking intake and bodycomposition to the level that you are is approaching stupidity. You cannot measure grams of bodyfat, you cannot accurately measure caloric intake, but then if you get to the point of measuing milligrams of food intake like some people have, I will think you have taken a step off the edge quite nicely.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  19. Brandi

Brandi old school

:popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  20. FitnFabuloz

FitnFabuloz Member

for people that are confused...last month in her training log on BR, espi claimed 28 grams of fat loss over the course of a month. That's right, 4 muthafuckin tablespoons of fat approximately over a month.

Then she went aroudn telling everyone that was using ephedrine, or clen, anabolics etc that they were 'cheater's despite the fact they were entering no shows or anything of that nature.

she's just nutty all around, and most important of all, still fat.
    dont take her advice.