Protien help

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by drea, Nov 12, 2015.

1. drea

drea Member

hi everyone
    I just started my first bulk a couple days ago, but having trouble getting my protien in....it's been a problem for a while now.....going through a phase of not wanting to eat meat...it just grosses me out lately, so I've been eating tons of egg whites, but it's not really helping eating those day after day either... slowing getting sick of them too. Just wondering if there are any other ways to get protien in? Any vegetarians out there have any special things they eat that are high in protien that I maybe haven't thought of? Thank you!!

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Dairy Greek ( yogurt, cottage cheese, lean cheeses) fish and protein powers/or a quest bar..
    Hmmmmmm what else....
    Usually subbing out the higher protein non-meat dairy items are very high in carbohydrates too.

3. drea

drea Member

Thanks Iileen.

Just another question about my cals:
    I just finished three months of maintenance at 1900cals (I'm 5'9, 140lbs), ....so technically if I eat any amount above that I should make gains? I'm eating 2060-2100 right now....is that good enough?
    Are gains based on just cal surplus or is eating adequate protien what builds the muscle? Is it better to eat higher quality protien like meat etc other than Greek yogurt etc for better gains, or is it just the amount that's important?
    Thank you!

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

its based on a lot of things but inadequate protein and cals are needed to make gains.