Preggo Stomach...yes or no?

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Lydia, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Lydia

Lydia I love global warming

I'm posting this here because I assume many posters don't necessarily visit the pregnancy section. No, I'm not pregnant (yet) but I'm wondering how others feel (in particular men!) when they see a pregnant woman who really shows the belly for example in a snug or belly baring shirt or bikini?

2. DarkAnimal73

DarkAnimal73 I pity Da Fools

Post pics then ill tell you:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :funny:

3. Patricia

Patricia Guest

Out in the general public or on the cover of Vanity Fair? :wink:

kidding.

Seriously, don't think about it. So I guess it doesn't bug me one bit. :) Bare away all you preggo women!

4. Iron Will

Iron Will Because I'm Awesome Thats Why.

is the person hot or not?

5. Chelsinator

Chelsinator Ummm...what the hell?? lol

I love pregant bellies. Sure, I guess there are women out there who shouldn't show it all off, but in general, the place I mostly se women who bare their bellies and are pregnant is the gym, and thus they are usually is pretty good shape, and it usually makes me smile to see how proud and comfy they are with their pregnancy.
    Now if they are in bad bad shape and just look awful, then mostly I feel bad for them and the baby, because generally that means they're not taking good care of themselves, and thus not taking care of the little cutie growing inside them, and that is worse than just looking bad.

6. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

pregnant woman are beautiful! mind you Im talking a woman in decent shape, bearing her belly is totally acceptable.
    I plan to someday :) why concel it? if one can wear form fitting clothes other times, then buying maternity clothes cut that way as well looks great !

• Like Like x 1
  7. magdalynaa

magdalynaa Jabber Jaws

:thumb: to pregnant bellies. I feel the same way about pregnant bellies as I do towards un-pregnant bellies. If the woman has a good shape, why hide it?

8. theresak

theresak Guest

If the back matches the front....no. That's why I never showed mine off. :eek:
    But for those women who are in shape, and preggers - it's adorable! My gf at the gym was pregnant the same time as me, and she was so cute in her snug t-shirts and yoga pants. Go for it!

9. amyloo

amyloo Member

My pg belly was always best left covered, and I had the sense to keep it that way. :unsure: But I'm not bothered by a cute bared tummy, on the beach or in the gym. It's a baby in there, so why should it offend me?

10. Bubblicious

Bubblicious Human Incubator!

I've seen some it looks cute on, then I've seen others it looks trashy on. It all depends on the person and the shape they're in. I saw a girl the other day who was maybe 6 months pregnant and looked like she was still trying to wear her teenage clothes. The result was not a pretty sight; she was walking around the store trying to keep her low rise jeans from giving her a plumber butt, and to me, I've never thought it attractive, pregnant or not, to have to stop every 2 minutes and do a weird dance to get your pants back up :crazy:

But, like I said, I've definetly seen it on some that looked adorable. I think pregnant bellies are beautiful in general. I wish mine would've been good enough to show off :oops:

11. dearest22

dearest22 Member

I love pregnant bellies. I say show it off all you want. :)

12. homeschoolmom

homeschoolmom Well-Known Member

Hee hee! I'm glad I wasn't the only one! I'm pretty small normally but when preggo, DH and I used to joke that I needed my big old ass to balance out my hugantic belly so that I wouldn't topple over on my face!! It was decidedly NOT pretty!:oops:

13. Lydia

Lydia I love global warming

Thanks for the opinions! And yes, I was referring more so to someone who is fit!

14. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Bearing and bringing life is a pretty cool thing.

That having been said, in terms of aesthetics, I don't find a pregnant physicality the least bit attractive. It's not beautiful. I don't like butts that big, I don't like boobs that big, and I don't like bellies that big.

Call me a pig if you like - but at least I'm honest and don't lie my ass off like most other men do about this condition.

ETA: Understand that I'm talking about the pregnant appearance, not what pregnancy represents.

15. PerfectAnjail

PerfectAnjail Active Member

I showed mine all the time. I wore a bikini when I went swimming. I wore "form fitting" shirts all the time. I don't think I looked trashy or anything....at least no one told me I did.

When I wore the bikini, strangely enough I was the only prego at the pool, but I certainly did NOT have the largest stomach. (yes, the other woman was ina bikini too) It is not my duty to not offend someone for something such as a prego belly. I loved mine, and I carried myself as such. I didn't dress in tight jeans, or like I was trying to attract anyone. I didn't show the skin of my stomach except at the pool. (no, those shirts that are too short to cover the stomach are NOT cute) I dressed appropriately for the occasion.

Jon - it is untrue that all men lie about this condition. I actually had men hit on me BECAUSE they like the appreance better. I thought it was strange as well, but there are actually men who like the prego appearance. My boobs went from B to a full C before milk, my butt was already big and didn't get any bigger, and my belly...well yea, it grew plenty. But no, I do not think you a pig for your opinion. Hell, I liked my belly, but I didn't exactly feel sexy with it!

16. colo1278

colo1278 I'm growing a person!

I feel sexy in a whole new way being pregnant... I don't feel sexy like I used to- and am a little self concsious in public... and while I think my husband likes MY pregnant belly, but because it's a part of him in there and it's HIS wife... I don't think he would appreciate it as much on someone else but I don't think it would repulse him either.

17. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I didn't say all...I said most. Because most men WILL lie about whether they like the appearance in order to spare the pregnant woman's feelings, appear more thenthitive, or avoid a flying kettle. And yes most certainly, there is a segment of the population that fetishizes pregnancy and all that it entails. Hell, there are thumbtack fetishists that have hired me to make erotic images of - you guessed it - thumbtacks, push pins, and staples. Daaaaamn sexaaaay.

:wave:

18. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Now that's a standpoint that I've never considered.

19. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

I don't like it cause most of the people here are not fit and show it off. and I would never have shwed mine off. NO SHOT IN HELL. I was a fat cow.

20. colo1278

colo1278 I'm growing a person!

yeah, not to bee too crude, but I think when he sees another pg woman, he just sees it as a lady that some other guy had sex with.