Pospartum excercise for wifey

Discussion in 'Fitness & Pregnancy' started by leanfrank, Oct 17, 2012.

1. leanfrank

leanfrank New Member

Anyone here who can suggest some effective exercises that are good for my postpartum wife???

2. Angabel

Angabel Member

That really depends on the individual. How far post partum is she? Has her doctor OKd her to exercise? What kinds of exercise is she used to? What does she like to do for exercise? What are her goals? Etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MikeHankins

MikeHankins Member

Yeah, what Angabel said... If she is past the 6 week mark shes no longer considered in the postpartum stage. Which is when most women with uncomplicated pregnancy & delivery are given the "Go Ahead" for exercise! Was it "C section"??? Lots of questions to consider? However, top 2 would be, #1. Is she past 6 weeks? #2. Has she been cleared by the doctor?

4. mie08

mie08 New Member

Yeah I agree with Angelbel and MikeHankins. :)
    Based on what I 've read about motherhood, within six weeks, the uterus will have shrunk considerably.
    She can do a gentle exercise for pelvic floor and abdominal muscles before her 6th week check up. I think the midwife or a physiotherapist will advise her on how to do these.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  5. Fit and Fab

Fit and Fab New Member

Walking is a good form of exercise. It is suggested to be done early in the morning where she can breathe fresh air too. However, it is best to seek her doctor's advise too.