PCOS

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by ErinLeigh, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ErinLeigh

ErinLeigh Member

Does anyone have this? I was diagnosed in September. The doctor has me on Metformin. I would LOVE to not take prescription drugs for the rest of my life...

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

losing fat and balancing the estrogen/progesterone ratios

lower carb approach tends to be better for someone with PCOS.

3. bikinidare

bikinidare Member

I have this...been struggling with my weight ever since i was diagnose back in 2005. keep carbs low and eat high GI foods. stay positive!! planning is key!!!

4. Fit and Fab

Fit and Fab New Member

I agree. Plan your diet. For women with PCOS, foods rich in fiber are suggested for better digestion,. Avoid carbs and sweets and have lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans, and whole grains. It also limits foods that are high in saturated fat, such as meats, cheeses, and fried foods.

5. siwwysawwy

siwwysawwy New Member

I have this. Currently visiting a doctor getting who is going through various natural rememdies

6. mcbell

mcbell New Member

I also have PCOS - have been on a prescription contraceptive pill since 1999 to "help with the symptoms".

I am currently losing weight through diet (mostly unprocessed foods, no added sugar - just fruit 2x per day; good amount of lean protein and veges, but probably low calorie) and I hope that once I hit my goal weight (3-6kg away) and maintain for a bit, I can go off the pill and see how my body actually operates normally. I will also be asking to have another ultrasound to see how many cysts I have these days, and the blood tests again to see if my hormone levels are more normal once I have reached a normal weight.